JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Doing the Truck Squeeze
Old 01-06-2022, 05:14 AM
kellyhound
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 817

Mentioned: 433 Post(s)
Quoted: 8425 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 20/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss84838
Brazil. One of the four people involved in an accident Tuesday afternoon at around 2 pm, was injured after a car and two trucks collided.

According to the Military Fire Department, the driver of the white Gol, whose name and age was not disclosed, was taken to the emergency room of the Hospital with minor injuries. His passenger was attended by the SAMU team on site and refused transport to the hospital.

The truck drivers, a Volkswagen Constellation 570 HP silver, and a Volvo 360 HP white, were unharmed and remained at the site until the arrival of the PRF (Federal Highway Police), which was responsible for attending to the accident.
Documenting Reality
112.jpeg

111.jpeg

Test

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 doingthetrucksqueeze.mp4 (289.6 KB , 213 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
durt, HotPlate101, kbt3168, lrd1024, Mr.NoCredit
Old 01-06-2022, 09:47 AM
HotPlate101
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1243

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss478
I can't think of any scenario that would be more terrifying than this behind the wheel. I get nervous riding behind a single big rig on the highway. Being pancaked between two of them.. I'd probably never drive again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HotPlate101 For This Useful Post:
kbt3168, kellyhound, lrd1024, William May
Old 01-06-2022, 12:13 PM
William May
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:124
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3444 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 17/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss12373
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPlate101 View Post
I can't think of any scenario that would be more terrifying than this behind the wheel. I get nervous riding behind a single big rig on the highway. Being pancaked between two of them.. I'd probably never drive again.
I see people, obliviously, just cruising happily right next to a semi or a cement truck, for a mile or more, not a care in the world, and not a thought about what will happen if one of the $30 Chinese tires on the truck, that the guy's boss is buying for them, blows out. I stay away from ANY heavy truck on the road. Either pass them, or slow up and stay way behind them, watching for the big event to happen.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to William May For This Useful Post:
gboy69, HotPlate101, kbt3168, kellyhound, lrd1024
Old 01-06-2022, 06:00 PM
gboy69
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:270

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2509 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4617
Quote:
Originally Posted by William May View Post
I see people, obliviously, just cruising happily right next to a semi or a cement truck, for a mile or more, not a care in the world, and not a thought about what will happen if one of the $30 Chinese tires on the truck, that the guy's boss is buying for them, blows out. I stay away from ANY heavy truck on the road. Either pass them, or slow up and stay way behind them, watching for the big event to happen.
that is it, people are fucking idiots

for some reason they are happy to sit directly beside any vehicle at all, but they seem to look for trucks or cars with massive blind spots to get beside, just in case the other driver sneezes or has a mechanical failure. i do my best to ensure there is no overlap with the car beside me. not always possible, but there ain't no way i am going to sit right next to some dickhead who has no idea

and the amount of morons that are on a multi lane road that insist on being the 2nd car in line right between 2 trucks is astounding . . . it seems this world doesn't give a shit about what happens to them, providing they can claim "it wasn't my fault", "there was nothing i could do" or my personal favourite "it could have happened to anyone"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gboy69 For This Useful Post:
HotPlate101, kellyhound, William May
Old 01-06-2022, 06:17 PM
William May
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:124
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3444 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 17/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss12373
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboy69 View Post
that is it, people are fucking idiots

for some reason they are happy to sit directly beside any vehicle at all, but they seem to look for trucks or cars with massive blind spots to get beside, just in case the other driver sneezes or has a mechanical failure. i do my best to ensure there is no overlap with the car beside me. not always possible, but there ain't no way i am going to sit right next to some dickhead who has no idea

and the amount of morons that are on a multi lane road that insist on being the 2nd car in line right between 2 trucks is astounding . . . it seems this world doesn't give a shit about what happens to them, providing they can claim "it wasn't my fault", "there was nothing i could do" or my personal favourite "it could have happened to anyone"
My diatribe was launched by the memory of driving from Tucson to Las Vegas, The route from Phoenix to Las Vegas is all secondary roads, and I came across a memorial with NINE crosses on it. I had to look that one up. Roadside memorials are ALL OVER in Arizona, there is one every mile. But you don't usually see 9 crosses at one spot.
It turns out it was a family in a station wagon, that got in a collision with a gasoline tanker, and they were all incinerated.
I don't know for certain, but I am willing to bet money, that they followed that tanker for 90 miles at least, either in front of it, or behind it, and when the accident happened, the driver's last words were "Oh, God, why are you doing this to me?!??!".
A complete fucking idiot!
There ARE a lot of idiots on the road, and not just in China.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to William May For This Useful Post:
gboy69, HotPlate101, kellyhound
Old 01-06-2022, 10:54 PM
durt
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:69
male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 4868 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss20208
Trucks working in tandem
The Following User Says Thank You to durt For This Useful Post:
William May
Old 01-06-2022, 11:18 PM
kbt3168
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:554

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by William May View Post
Totally agree. Or the oblivious drivers who closely follow unloaded flatbed trailers that have rocks, dirt, wood pieces and chains laying on them. No chance anything could fall off…
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbt3168 For This Useful Post:
kellyhound, William May
Old 01-07-2022, 01:47 AM
kellyhound
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 817

Mentioned: 433 Post(s)
Quoted: 8425 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 20/20
Today Posts