|
#1
●
08-08-2026, 11:04 AM
|
|
Two Labourers on Roof Died After Hitting Powerlines
Anoop Singh's house is currently under construction in the Swarnjayanti Nagar Colony in Kasturba Nagar, Ward No. 19. On Wednesday, Bhupendra Sahu and Ravi Banjare, who were working there, one was struck by an 11 kV high-tension line and when the other tried to save him he got shocked as well. Both died. Following the accident, questions were raised about the Municipal Corporation's actions. Municipal Commissioner Prakash Kumar Survey then ordered the demolition of the illegal construction. A letter was also sent to the SSP requesting police assistance. The team arrived to demolish the illegal construction near the high-tension line, but that triggered a heated argument between the homeowner and municipal officials. The homeowner alleged that the corporation did not issue any notice regarding the illegal construction after approving the map and instead suddenly initiated demolition proceedings. Following the dispute, the corporation team razed the illegal house to the ground with a bulldozer. The corporation claims that the construction was being carried out contrary to the approved plan. It had even issued two notices regarding this, but despite this, the construction work continued. Municipal Corporation Building Officer Anupam Tiwari stated that the homeowner had constructed a building near a high-tension line, contrary to the approved plan. Action was taken to remove this illegal portion. He said that about 9 feet of illegal portion in front of the house has been removed by the corporation's bulldozer. According to Sub-Engineer Jugal Singh, the approved plan called for a 3-meter open space in front of the house, 3 meters on the road side, and 1.50 meters on the other side. There was also a provision for open space at the rear, but the designated space was not left on site. An additional 3 feet of construction was found in front, very close to the 11 kV high-tension line. During the proceedings, it was also discussed that the councillor and mayor were urging municipal officials to halt the action. It was reported that the homeowner was insisting on removing the remaining construction himself. However, the corporation staff did not leave the site. Officials say that the team will remain on site until the homeowner provides a written undertaking that he will remove the remaining illegal construction himself. According to Municipal Corporation Zone 3, building owner Anup Singh Thakur was issued notices to stop construction on April 9, 2026, and May 13, 2026. An investigation revealed that the approved plan required open space around the building, but additional construction was carried out on the site. Residents of the colony allege that a complaint was filed with the municipal corporation regarding the illegal construction. The corporation issued a notice, but failed to take any action to stop the construction. Had the construction been stopped in time, the lives of the two workers could have been saved. Municipal Corporation Building Officer Anupam Tiwari said that the case file has been called for. The approved map and the construction on the site are being investigated. Following the investigation, action will be taken as per the rules. Station House Officer Kishore Kewat said that both laborers had previously worked with the contractor. They had come to ask for work on Tuesday. Police are investigating what brought the two laborers to the rooftop. They are also investigating the role of the homeowner, contractor, and other people involved in the construction. According to the police, no cement stains were found on the bodies or clothing of the deceased. Following the accident, post-mortems were conducted and the bodies were handed over to their families. The family then performed their last rites. Locals have alleged that the owner, Anup Singh, is close to a local BJP leader. They claim that the leader was involved during the illegal construction and demarcation proceedings. However, these allegations have not been independently confirmed. People also say that during the action, an attempt was made to stop the construction by contacting the officials. Municipal Corporation Executive Engineer Praveen Shukla said that a notice was issued to Anup Singh following a complaint from the residents of the colony. A letter was also sent to the Tehsildar for demarcation. "My zone changed after that. I don't know why further action wasn't taken," he said. |
|
#2
●
08-08-2026, 01:08 PM
|
|
Re: Two Labourers on Roof Died After Hitting Powerlines
WTF was the guy doing reaching out for the electric line a couple of feet away from the building for!?! Hey, I’ll touch this to check if it’s active!! India |
|
#7
●
08-10-2026, 02:19 AM
| ||||||||
| My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT Poster Rank:773 Join Date: Jun 2020 Posts: 1,034 Mentioned: 1 Post(s) Quoted: 430 Post(s)
| ||||||||
|
Re: Two Labourers on Roof Died After Hitting Powerlines
It looks semi insulated. Crazy how they would allow you to build so close to a cable like that. I can see that happening to a kid years down the line.
|