Ladybug

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2793
Re: Exhumation Video

I do not understand why bodies must be moved at all. I know in some countries the family must continue to pay the "rental" on their loved ones burial place or they will be moved. I don;t get that at all either. Disrepect for the dead of you ask me.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:27 AM
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:180
Female

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss6702

I have always wanted to see what it looks like inside an exhumated coffin.

Now if that was done purely because the family could not afford to continue paying for the grave space, then to me that is terrible. The person who's dead isn't around to see what happened, but that poor family have to live with this.

On a generally detached note, I did think it was mildly amusing, when I thought of it being me with my shin bones lifted out and then the rest of me, like a lump of cardboard, shoved into a plastic rubbish bag.
Trying to keep the corpses hair on made me laugh too. It fell off and that grave worker was trying to pat it back on. I know, I have a warped mind.

I can't see any point to that whole thing, unless it WAS because the family couldn't pay the rental and they were about to rebury or burn what was left of the corpse in some paupers grave.

The Following User Says Thank You to Karma For This Useful Post:
Cody80
Old 12-06-2010, 04:34 AM
CuriousOne
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:1214
Female
Contributions: 1

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss405

Why would the family subject themselves to watch this? It obviously is causing them much pain =( So sad. Other than a crime investigation or unable to pay "rent" I can't think of why a body would need to be exhumed...? Why would it be moved?

I also agree, its horrible that families have to pay for their loved ones and if they can't afford it, they get moved and treated disrespectfully. Cremation for me as well. Unless I'm murdered and they need my body for whatever further investigating. =P

Great find, Kelly!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 AM
davidb3819
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5711

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss33

when people die that should never happen and why did the family want to see that they should r.i.p for ever,

Old 12-06-2010, 11:33 AM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:78
Dude

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16066

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordano2222 View Post
Here in The U.S., corpses do not decay like that unless the grave over 100 years old. With today`s caskets, they are airtight and sealed. There may be some adipocere, where the fat turns to a wax-like substance. My daddy was a funeral home director. I remember a girl I went to high school with was killed in a car accident and decapitated. Alot of time I looked at the final result of "dressing the dead" once they were placed in the caskets, before the family arrived and this girl had an open casket viewing. My dad just sewed the head on and she was dressed in a turtle neck sweater. Undertakers are paid alot because it`s hard work. Especially the accident victims. The only think I hated was sometimes I would here wailing of relatives in our second story residence above the funeral home, even with soundproofed walls and floor.
It also depends on the moisture level in the soil. Areas where there's a high water table, and lots of rain, decomposition will be more rapid than those areas where there's little soil moisture, and seasonal average temperatures.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:32 PM
johnny_mars
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4942

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss43

this just proves that sooner or later we will all go bald

The Following User Says Thank You to johnny_mars For This Useful Post:
19whitley85
Old 12-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Eisenberg
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1161
male

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss439

I feel bad for loling at this

Old 12-12-2010, 07:55 PM
eatonbeavers
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:597
male

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1263

Great post Kelly where do you find this stuff.
quite bad for the family though its like the poor person was evicted from there Grave.
Something Jordano222 said brought back some not so good memories for me as well. the last ten years I worked at the hospital
my shop was directly across the hall from the Mourge.
there were four chairs which set just outside the door to my shop where the family members would wait to be allowed to make visual Identification of there loved ones . Some of my worst memories of working in the hospital happened in those four chairs outside my shop.
I to have heard the wailing, crying, screaming and sometimes sounds that I did not even know a human could make come from a persons family and friends when they first learn of someones death. You know over the years the stuff that sticks with me the memories I can't get out of my head from working in this business are not the sites of the blood and gore .
The stuff that has stuck with me over the years is the faces and reactions of the patients family and friends that never leave me.

The Following User Says Thank You to eatonbeavers For This Useful Post:
Wench