JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Sunken Chest

Sunken Chest

Current Rating:

Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Thread Tools ▾
  #1  
● 01-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Faline's Avatar
Faline
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:12
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 93,128
Contributions: 226
 
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2009 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93128
Sunken Chest

Pectus excavatum (a Latin term meaning hollowed chest) is the most common congenital deformity of the anterior wall of the chest, in which several ribs and the sternum grow abnormally. This produces a caved-in or sunken appearance of the chest. It can either be present at birth or not develop until puberty.
Pectus excavatum is sometimes considered to be cosmetic; however, depending on the severity, it can impair cardiac and respiratory function and cause pain in the chest and back. People with the condition may experience negative psychosocial effects, and avoid activities that expose the chest.
Pectus excavatum is sometimes referred to as cobbler's chest, sunken chest, funnel chest or simply a dent in the chest.
pec.jpg
15.0 KB ·12600 views
pec1.jpg
48.5 KB ·808 views
▲ 4 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Darkest Angel, Dragonlady66, Pyramid_Head, Sharon
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
You’ve wasted more on worse.
Join Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
  #2  
● 01-26-2013, 11:04 AM
FrightRat's Avatar
FrightRat
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1592
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 352
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss352
Re: Sunken Chest

I used to know a guy who has that. (Less extreme, but he still has a hole.)
During parties, his friends fill it with alcohol and drink shots from it.
▲ 7 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
CuriousOne, Faline, flutter mouse, lecsee, NoelPuppet, Sharon, Ultima_Aeon
  #3  
● 01-26-2013, 11:15 AM
LadyCPlum's Avatar
LadyCPlum
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:197
All woman
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,773
 
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1420 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7773
Re: Sunken Chest

I used to know a guy who has that. (Less extreme, but he still has a hole.)
During parties, his friends fill it with alcohol and drink shots from it.
I don't know whether to or at that one!
▲ 3 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
CuriousOne, FrightRat, GlassToTheArson
  #4  
● 01-26-2013, 01:59 PM
GlassToTheArson's Avatar
GlassToTheArson
Offline:
Yaut'ja Elite
Poster Rank:550
Male
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,844
Contributions: 11
 
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1844
Re: Sunken Chest

My friend's brother has this. He eats cereal out it
▲ 3 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
flutter mouse, LadyCPlum, Sharon
  #5  
● 01-26-2013, 04:27 PM
HmnTrch
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3755
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss88
Re: Sunken Chest

I think all 3 of my brothers have this going on to some degree, but only one of them has it bad. Not as bad as the kid in the pic, not as 'long' at least. My brothers is pretty deep. It looked deeper when he was fat.

My sister and I tho, do not have this going on. I'm not sure it's even possible for girls. I'm not proving it with pics either so don't ask.
  #6  
● 01-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Sharon's Avatar
Sharon
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:35
Female
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 43,394
Contributions: 204
 
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 2282 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss43394
Re: Sunken Chest

That must be awful to live with and I respect those who have it who can make light of the situation
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
GlassToTheArson
  #7  
● 01-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Pyramid_Head's Avatar
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:94
Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17,006
 
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1899 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17006
Re: Sunken Chest

That sucks.
  #8  
● 01-26-2013, 08:14 PM
FrightRat's Avatar
FrightRat
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1592
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 352
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss352
Re: Sunken Chest

I think all 3 of my brothers have this going on to some degree, but only one of them has it bad. Not as bad as the kid in the pic, not as 'long' at least. My brothers is pretty deep. It looked deeper when he was fat.

My sister and I tho, do not have this going on. I'm not sure it's even possible for girls. I'm not proving it with pics either so don't ask.
When I was around 6 years old, there was a girl with this in my class, so I guess it's possible for girls.
(I saw it because we had to change all together before swimming class. )
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
HmnTrch
  #9  
● 01-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Faline's Avatar
Faline
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:12
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 93,128
Contributions: 226
 
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2009 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93128
Re: Sunken Chest

I used to know a guy who has that. (Less extreme, but he still has a hole.)
During parties, his friends fill it with alcohol and drink shots from it.


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO