JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Quincke's Edema

Quincke's Edema

Current Rating:

Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Thread Tools ▾
  #1  
● 02-15-2023, 12:39 AM
SavageGlow's Avatar
SavageGlow
Offline:
These are the rooms
Poster Rank:26
of ruin.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 54,011
 
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Quoted: 30403 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss54011
Quincke's Edema

This is what Quincke's edema looks like. Allergic reaction to nuts.


Quincke's edema, also called angioedema, is a swelling that affects deeper skin layers, often around the eyes and lips. In most cases, the condition is harmless, and it's treated with antihistamine medication.
IMG_20230214_213815_453.jpg
32.2 KB ·273 views
▲ 15 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
andell78, Bastet, Chez426, DEWBZ, Eternally Solo, Gabrielle*78*, JackieAngel, kellyhound, LadyNightmare, Mr.NoCredit, Nates8er, Norag, Ozymandias, Pyramid_Head, ride
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
Look. You know you want to
Join Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
  #2  
● 02-15-2023, 03:13 AM
kellyhound's Avatar
kellyhound
Online
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:10
e-mail
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 96,620
Contributions: 817
 
Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
Quoted: 10341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss96620
Re: Quincke's Edema

I always thought people are born with certain food allergics but no.
Can you be allergic to nuts all of a sudden?
The answer to the question, “can you all of the sudden become allergic to peanuts?” is certainly yes. Food allergies can develop at any time in an individual's life. However, it is important to recognize that adult-onset peanut allergy appears to be far less common than other potential allergies, such as shellfish.
▲ 4 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Bastet, LadyNightmare, ride, SavageGlow
  #3  
● 02-15-2023, 03:25 AM
SavageGlow's Avatar
SavageGlow
Offline:
These are the rooms
Poster Rank:26
of ruin.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 54,011
 
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Quoted: 30403 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss54011
Re: Quincke's Edema

I always thought people are born with certain food allergics but no.
I thought so too. Crazy to develop an allergic response in adulthood.
▲ 4 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Bastet, kellyhound, Ozymandias, woodsetton
  #4  
● 02-15-2023, 09:05 PM
Mr.NoCredit's Avatar
Mr.NoCredit
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:110
Secret Agent
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 14,648
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3020 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 17/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss14648
Re: Quincke's Edema

That’s a fucked up photo. What’s the bluish purple thing? His lip or his tongue? I can’t tell what it is I’m seeing…
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
SavageGlow
  #5  
● 02-16-2023, 12:38 AM
SavageGlow's Avatar
SavageGlow
Offline:
These are the rooms
Poster Rank:26
of ruin.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 54,011
 
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Quoted: 30403 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss54011
Re: Quincke's Edema

That’s a fucked up photo. What’s the bluish purple thing? His lip or his tongue? I can’t tell what it is I’m seeing…
I think it's her top lip.
  #6  
● 02-16-2023, 03:01 AM
Bastet's Avatar
Bastet
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:399
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,054
 
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3054
Re: Quincke's Edema

From what I gather, peanut allergy is one of the nastiest and most hazardous food allergies. I've known many people who were allergic to fish and for some of them even the smell of, say, salmon soup triggered an allergic reaction similar to this.
▲ 3 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
kellyhound, LadyNightmare, SavageGlow
  #7  
● 02-16-2023, 04:24 AM
Mr.NoCredit's Avatar
Mr.NoCredit
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:110
Secret Agent
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 14,648
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3020 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 17/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss14648
Re: Quincke's Edema

I think it's her top lip.
When I say that’s a fucked up photo I’m referring to the condition of the person and not my own confusion.

What a fright of a scene.

I could have worded that differently. My bad for it to sound like it did. You have my sincere apologies Kimmie. Please forgive me for sounding like such an ass.

I’m really sorry.
▲ 3 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Bastet, exstatic, SavageGlow
  #8  
● 02-16-2023, 05:02 PM
SavageGlow's Avatar
SavageGlow
Offline:
These are the rooms
Poster Rank:26
of ruin.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 54,011
 
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Quoted: 30403 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss54011
Re: Quincke's Edema

When I say that’s a fucked up photo I’m referring to the condition of the person and not my own confusion.

What a fright of a scene.

I could have worded that differently. My bad for it to sound like it did. You have my sincere apologies Kimmie. Please forgive me for sounding like such an ass.

I’m really sorry.
You have absolutely no reason to apologize! Say what you want. Chances are I thought the same. This is a fucked up pic, lol.
▲ 3 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Bastet, exstatic, Mr.NoCredit
  #9  
● 02-16-2023, 08:37 PM
Norag's Avatar
Norag
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:3142
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 122
Contributions: 8
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssssss122
Re: Quincke's Edema

I always thought people are born with certain food allergics but no.

Yeah, you can develop medicinal allergies too. With all my spine issues, I ended up developing an allergy to nsaids. Reaction was so bad I've only been able to do Tylenol or steroids for the last decade. Which sucks ass
▲ 2 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Bastet, SavageGlow
  #10  
● 02-17-2023, 04:42 AM
Pyramid_Head's Avatar
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:94
Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17,006
 
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1900 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17006
Re: Quincke's Edema

That looks just terrible.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
SavageGlow


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO