Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss48
My Brother's Battle with Cancer

This is my first post. My brother was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma in 2012. He had a cold sore-like thing on his bottom lip for years that did not seem to grow at all. I should mention my brother was red-headed and very fair skinned. He also worked outside his entire adult life. He finally decided to have it looked at. The doctor did surgery, cutting the spot off of his lip as well as a spot on his ear. No radiation or chemo was done at the time because the doctor was "sure" she got it all.

Six months later a lump developed on his chin. After another surgery the doctor decided radiation and chemo would be done. While on radiation AND massive doses of chemo, the cancer spread to his lymph nodes and lungs. At that time he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He still continued to do chemo hoping it would at least slow the growth of the cancer down since he was tolerating it pretty well. He was told his cancer went "radical" after surgery, turning into something horrific and uncontrollable. He was placed on a feeding tube and all his teeth pulled.

THEN......it began spreading to his jaw and facial areas. And not just lumps, but huge gaping sores. All of this while on chemo. So he decided enough was enough and quit everything. It got to the point where the bone was exposed on his jaw and a hole opened up in his throat, resembling a tracheotomy. He died June 15, 2016 at the age of 53.

I am just now mentally able to post these pictures. I made my sister-in-law send them to me so I could see how he was doing. He went from 180 pounds to 100 pounds in about a year. Hard to see him struggle with just day to day things.

Anyway, I knew you guys would like to see the pics. Cancer affects so many people but you usually don’t see what it is REALLY doing to their body because it is internal.

Thanks for letting me share. I hope the pics load in order, but if not, it is not difficult to see the progression of the disease.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
V__1DAB.jpg  

V__6CCD.jpg  

V__365C.jpg  

duncan9.jpg  

duncan10.jpg  

duncan8.jpg  

duncan7.jpg  

duncan5.jpg  

20160606_164631.jpg  

duncan.jpg  

imagejpeg_0.jpg  

duncan2.jpg  

duncan3.jpg  

duncan4.jpg  

The Following 150 Users Say Thank You to igertay44 For This Useful Post:
-NocturnalPulse-, 2 eyes wide open, acidbath, akumaryu, Alyssa, Alyssanicgre17, AngelAssassin, AnnabelRaven, Ashen, AudieMurphy, Azimuth, BadAshly, BBKF, Beautiful Liar, beepboop, Beloved, Belzebub, BitteTötetMich, BLACKOUTx4500x, black_horned_goat, Brandjuh, Breakfast, Bunny Jo, Captain456, Cheerio, ChemJoe, ChristineB, connor, coverdale0, crazy_farmgirl, CreepyJanet, Cyclon, d1zz3213, Daniel4rmAlterman, Daverika Wulff, Deathofjocelynn, dontgotomarz, dreamsneverend, durt, Eisenberg, emarieu, Etsu, FavaBeans, FirstLast, Flapmon, Fragomon, Garlick, Glennwilson, goddessinsecta, grendo44, GrumbleGob, Hangman, Helicocker, HelloNurse!, Highnlow, honeysprite, imcoolnotyou, iridopelma, joffie, jojo58, Jordana, Juggleswithrazors, Karma, keating, kellyhound, Keydog, khiarhu, kittenhurl, kurioskat, lackofreality, laurenhayden1, lecsee, Li$a, LifeFlightRN, LiquidSky, lolly pop, Lolly9259, lostindisorder, lovelylucinda, lovelytenshi, madrussian, MasterOfDisaster, meggsaladsandwich, MeMyselfandI, Menalipa, mengala, meowder, mintycbo, MonkeyJones1980, Mr. Coprophilia, MrEzzzkiel, mrstuggy, nanigodsmum, nanotapki, neilwatt, Nite, nofuckinway, Norwegian1, nureintier, Obsoleteforce, okidoll, Padoc32, Paupercool1, peachpie, Photoplay, PTSD Is My Life, puppylove08, Pyramid_Head, pyromancer555, radams007, raygun56, Raz, REVZZYBAN, rheedork, sambocat, Sandii, Sarge99, Sdgfurkidmom, Sharon, shelly80, SheWolf, SlothTits, Softballmama13, Spector, spudigitti, staykey, Sterlig, sunwath1, SuryaCh, suzytango, Switchup, Teaspoon, tedelmar, therezamackenzie, thesnaman, Tommi, Tramp, UnknownBat, UrbanDiscipline, UrnAsh, Usotsuki, vagabond, vicetrooper, Vorgrus, weirdlikethat, woodsetton, wujuan, xCellarxDoorx, Zambini, Ziah
Old 04-16-2017, 09:09 PM
laurenhayden1
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2255
Female

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss130
Re: My Brother's Battle with Cancer

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my step-father to cancer three years ago, and know from personal experience how heart wrenching it can be to watch.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to laurenhayden1 For This Useful Post:
2 eyes wide open, AngelAssassin, beepboop, cern999, fendi87, igertay44, Jerdipski, Juggleswithrazors, kellyhound, lecsee, LiquidSky, methfreeq, Raz, sarangan, Softballmama13, UnknownBat, woodsetton
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By laurenhayden1:
Xody
Old 04-16-2017, 10:02 PM
SeteDiSangue
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:10551
Male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 2/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8

Sorry for your loss. Thankfully, your brother does not have to suffer any longer.

I'm glad you decided to share though. It is amazing how fragile the human body is and what something like cancer can do to a person.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to SeteDiSangue For This Useful Post:
abgnoire, AngelAssassin, beepboop, BLACKOUTx4500x, Captain456, Garlick, igertay44, Jerdipski, Juggleswithrazors, methfreeq, mrstuggy, mshope24, okidoll, Softballmama13, UnknownBat, woodsetton, Ziah
Old 04-16-2017, 10:42 PM
dcaccount22
Offline:
Poster Rank:1484

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss246

Thank you for sharing. That is hard to see. It is frightening how fragile we all are.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dcaccount22 For This Useful Post:
albie54, beepboop, Captain456, cherokeewarrior, igertay44, Jerdipski, Juggleswithrazors, mshope24, Sdgfurkidmom, Softballmama13, woodsetton
Old 04-16-2017, 10:59 PM
Cyclon
Offline:
Poster Rank:1367

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss274

I am truly sorry for your loss. Stories like yours lead one to reflect on the importance of appreciating (and demonstrating such appreciation to) one's relatives and close friends.

Thanks for sharing. Peace.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cyclon For This Useful Post:
albie54, AngelAssassin, beepboop, igertay44, Jerdipski, mrstuggy, Sdgfurkidmom, Softballmama13, woodsetton
Old 04-17-2017, 12:28 AM
Mr. Coprophilia
Offline:
Martano666=pompous cunt
Poster Rank:437
BLACK SKULLS SHATTER
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1599

I rarely post anything with any sort of compassion but your brother went through hell before he passed, my deepest condolences to you and your family, he's no longer suffering at least.
Thank You for sharing.

What a horrible way to go, if I'm ever diagnosed with anything terminal I'm going out with a bang, fuck waiting on death and making the doctor and hospital money by raping my medicare coverage.

albie54, beepboop, cherokeewarrior, fendi87, gimlet, Helicocker, igertay44, Jerdipski, jokuraja, Menalipa, okidoll, Sdgfurkidmom, woodsetton, xCellarxDoorx
Old 04-17-2017, 01:31 AM
neilwatt
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:803
all man power me

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss646

I watch and look at photos like these all the time but when you read the story behind it and then realise that this man was a brother to the member posting it really hits your heart harder. I can't imagine what he, you and everyone in his life went through and still are. It's a touching post for me and I'm happy that you felt you could share this with DR's community, it shows your making steps forward again, although you know that he will never be forgotten and the pain it caused.
Life is so short without any of these terminal illnesses.
I'm really sorry for your loss of a brother and all that goes with it. See you around.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to neilwatt For This Useful Post:
360gunnings, abgnoire, albie54, AngelAssassin, Azimuth, beepboop, Captain456, coverdale0, emarieu, HelloNurse!, igertay44, Jerdipski, lecsee, lisaztapper, Menalipa, peachpie, Sdgfurkidmom, Sharon, Usotsuki, woodsetton, Ziah
Old 04-17-2017, 02:43 AM
PooDooWooMoo
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:11557

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssssss6

Sorry for your loss.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PooDooWooMoo For This Useful Post:
igertay44, Jerdipski, losymis, Menalipa, sarangan
Old 04-17-2017, 04:29 AM
pyromancer555
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:104
Male
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2708 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 15/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss10374

Thats insane

Old 04-17-2017, 06:13 AM
SARNA66
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3808
Big Male

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss54

what a terrible thing, I hope you guys can recover quickly, and find some relief in the fact that the suffering is over.
so sorry

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SARNA66 For This Useful Post:
emarieu, igertay44, Menalipa