JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Battling My Acne Part 2

Battling My Acne Part 2

Current Rating:
Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Tools ▾
  #1  
● 09-25-2012, 06:03 PM
woodsetton's Avatar
woodsetton
Offline: Offline
Wide 'n' sassy
Poster Rank:1255
Female
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 497
Joined Mar 2009·Rank #1,255
 
497Posts
839Thanked
69Quoted
5Mentioned
0Contrib.
Battling My Acne Part 2

Just thought I'd do an updated "with and without makeup" post. Photos were taken this evening (25/9/12) and although I wasn't happy with my makeup as I could see some spots through it, you'll see actually how good it was in covering up most of the marks and redness on my face.

Have been on Retin A for about a month now. It basically gets your skin to ex-foliate itself and pushes impurities out of skin, which is probably why my face looks crappy at the moment but it should start to look better after 2-3 months. The stuff is almost pure ethanol so stings like a motherfucker on any open spots or anything that has a scab on it and it dries my skin out like mad but spots only last 3 days at most before drying out so that's one positive thing.

Let me know what you guys think. Pictures taken in my bedroom so you can see all the shit on my walls behind me.
More%20Pics%20037.JPG
3.21 MB ·313 views
More%20Pics%20018.JPG
3.35 MB ·241 views
▲ 6 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Audioguru, CuriousOne, Darkest Angel, lilyv, Shelbeano ^-^, wally teeter
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
Want a better bang for your buck?
Join Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
  #2  
● 09-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Shelbeano ^-^'s Avatar
Shelbeano ^-^
Offline: Offline
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:887
Female
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 850
Joined Apr 2010·Rank #887
 
850Posts
873Thanked
8Quoted
0Mentioned
0Contrib.
Re: Battling My Acne Part 2

Looks better than last time.
  #3  
● 09-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Rusty666's Avatar
Rusty666
Offline: Offline
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:403
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,026
Joined Jan 2010·Rank #403
 
3,026Posts
476Thanked
2Quoted
0Mentioned
0Contrib.
Re: Battling My Acne Part 2

  #4  
● 09-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Chemical_Ali
Offline: Offline
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6962
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 29
Joined Apr 2009·Rank #6,962
 
29Posts
60Thanked
0Quoted
0Mentioned
0Contrib.
Re: Battling My Acne Part 2

Thanks for posting!

I have had breakouts and I am way past my young adult years. Last year I cut out bad carbs from my diet - pasta, breads, etc. My face cleared up and have not broken out in one year. Although I am not allergic to wheat or gulten in the common way, I feel my skin broke out because of what I was eating.

Have you tried changing your diet for one week to see the effects it has - my suggestion, do all proteins for a week - roast chicken, fish, yogurt, nuts.

How long do you have to stay on this med?
  #5  
● 09-26-2012, 12:28 AM
peterdragon
Offline: Offline
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1461
Manley Man
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 398
Joined Apr 2010·Rank #1,461
 
398Posts
408Thanked
71Quoted
0Mentioned
0Contrib.
Re: Battling My Acne Part 2

beautiful either way.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
woodsetton
  #6  
● 09-26-2012, 10:50 PM
woodsetton's Avatar
woodsetton
Offline: Offline
Wide 'n' sassy
Poster Rank:1255
Female
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 497
Joined Mar 2009·Rank #1,255
 
497Posts
839Thanked
69Quoted
5Mentioned
0Contrib.
Re: Battling My Acne Part 2

Thanks for posting!

I have had breakouts and I am way past my young adult years. Last year I cut out bad carbs from my diet - pasta, breads, etc. My face cleared up and have not broken out in one year. Although I am not allergic to wheat or gulten in the common way, I feel my skin broke out because of what I was eating.

Have you tried changing your diet for one week to see the effects it has - my suggestion, do all proteins for a week - roast chicken, fish, yogurt, nuts.

How long do you have to stay on this med?
I'm on it indefinitely. I take an anti-biotic too which I've taken for about the past 7 years. My doctor gives me a blood test every 12 months to check on levels and they've been fine. As a vegetarian I don't eat meat and can't stand fish unless it is tuna in oil from a tin. I don't really eat bread as my parents don't keep any in the house and I rarely have any pasta.

I do have rice and noodles when I eat Chinese but that's not often either. Glad you guys think the makeup looked good. I don't go out without any on at all now.
  #7  
● 09-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Darkest Angel's Avatar
Darkest Angel
Offline: Offline
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:127
100% female
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 12,867
Contributions: 1
Joined Jul 2012·Rank #127
 
12,867Posts
9,961Thanked
1,799Quoted
81Mentioned
1Contrib.
Re: Battling My Acne Part 2

looking like a nice clear complexion with a big pretty smile-congrats!
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
woodsetton


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO