JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

Current Rating:

Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Thread Tools ▾
  #1  
● 09-26-2022, 12:36 AM
Anecdote's Avatar
Anecdote
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:11444
Female
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 11
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11
Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

I've always done this since I was young, hard to resist the temptation to just rip them off. I guess it's a form of self-harm, really.
20220925_233122.jpg
3.21 MB ·288 views
20220925_233143.jpg
2.98 MB ·298 views
▲ 3 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Faust, Pyramid_Head, William May
▼ These 2 Users Said Fuck Off To This Post:
Suicide_Note, Tenebrae
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
Some regrets are real. Membership isn’t one of them
Join Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
  #2  
● 09-26-2022, 04:48 AM
Pyramid_Head's Avatar
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:94
Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17,006
 
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1899 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17006
Re: Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

I do but I never get a scab that big. Honestly, I'm terrible about picking my cuticles. My cuticles are scarred up from it but I have gotten better about it.

But sometimes, there's a nice piece of skin too good not to peel.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
marcos_69
  #3  
● 09-26-2022, 10:11 PM
Zita's Avatar
Zita
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:7216
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 28
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss28
Re: Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

Yes. It's a habit I'm trying to break. Unfortunately, it's a compulsion for me.
▲ 2 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Dodger712, SimoneFlen'
  #4  
● 09-27-2022, 01:07 AM
paintergrrl
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6625
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 32
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss32
Re: Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

Yes!
  #5  
● 09-27-2022, 05:52 PM
ride's Avatar
ride
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:252
So many choices now
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,548
 
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2120 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 11/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5548
Re: Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

Stop shaving your legs with a cheese grater, lady.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
LittleNightmare
  #6  
● 09-27-2022, 07:09 PM
SimoneFlen''s Avatar
SimoneFlen'
Offline:
Für Immer Verloren
Poster Rank:50
Boredom + Despair
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 30,253
Contributions: 666
 
Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 10332 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss30253
Re: Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

Yep, I've suffered from excoriation disorder for many years. My whole body is covered in scars.
__________________
"I'd give the world for the chance just to see your face again. Still I pretend that you're still standing by."
  #7  
● 09-28-2022, 05:35 PM
Faust's Avatar
Faust
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 26,291
 
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Quoted: 13358 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 19/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss26291
Re: Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

I've always done this since I was young, hard to resist the temptation to just rip them off. I guess it's a form of self-harm, really.
No homo, but if you shave you need a newer blade because of otherwise the hair can irritate and this leads to more itching and scabbing maybe. You have nice functioning legs so it’s best to not end up like that lady who had them amputated
  #8  
● 09-29-2022, 05:57 AM
Anecdote's Avatar
Anecdote
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:11444
Female
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 11
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11
Re: Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

No homo, but if you shave you need a newer blade because of otherwise the hair can irritate and this leads to more itching and scabbing maybe. You have nice functioning legs so it’s best to not end up like that lady who had them amputated
What's unfortunate is I actually do have brand new razors and sensitive skin shave cream, but for some reason my legs are still itchy as all Hell after shaving and moisturizing. Not allergic to anything as far as I know either, and this has developed within the past year. Naturally I'd see a dermatologist, but lack of health care prevents me.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
Faust
  #9  
● 09-29-2022, 05:59 AM
Anecdote's Avatar
Anecdote
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:11444
Female
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 11
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11
Re: Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

Stop shaving your legs with a cheese grater, lady.
This actually occurred from intense itching, but will take note to steer clear from the cheese graters.
  #10  
● 09-29-2022, 07:52 AM
monkeyblitzkrieg's Avatar
monkeyblitzkrieg
Offline:
Enfant terrible
Poster Rank:69
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,688
 
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 13627 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22688
Re: Anyone else Pick Their Scabs?

Yes it's fucking terrible habit. It disgusts me.


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO