Poster Rank:7669

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss19
.40 Caliber Vs Hand Incident

This happened to a coworker / friend of mine this week. I don't have very good details as to how he managed to do this, but his father was letting him "check out" a new Glock he had recently purchased. One of his first statements to us (coworkers) was he "didn't know it was loaded and bumped the trigger". We have been giving him absolute hell for that statement. I privately tried to ask him again later as to how he did it, and he said he really doesn't know, it happened too fast. I was curious if he was attempting to remove the slide and he "glocked" himself, doesn't sound like it though. He's a young guy and a bit overconfident. We handle firearms daily at work and he should know better. Regardless, he made a mistake and learned a lesson. He didn't hit any bones or tendons, so he's lucky there. Obviously this incident could have been much worse. I thought this picture would be appreciated though. Follow the basic rules of firearms safety folks!

Documenting Reality
IMG_1383.jpg  

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shellshock86 For This Useful Post:
Ballzyboy, ChristineB, collaredgirl65, corrico, FavaBeans, kellyhound, Laurisa, northernlights, tbone79, Zurria
Old 02-27-2020, 02:40 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 676

Mentioned: 271 Post(s)
Quoted: 4261 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65405
Re: .40 Caliber Vs Hand Incident

Quote:
This happened to a coworker / friend of mine this week.
Quote:
We handle firearms daily at work and he should know better.
not quite the coworker i would have next to me to be quite honest especially when he doesn't tell the truth how it exactly happened.

The Following User Says Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
Shellshock86
Old 02-27-2020, 08:57 AM
Shellshock86
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:7669

Activity Longevity
1/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
not quite the coworker i would have next to me to be quite honest especially when he doesn't tell the truth how it exactly happened.
You're not wrong and it's being addressed. For what it's worth, we aren't LE nor do we work amongst the public in any way. It's moreso industry work, rarely do we handle loaded firearms, which may have contributed to his complacency, but that's on him.

Rule number 1.. treat every firearm as though it's loaded.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:11 PM
northernlights
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:850
MALE

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss700

The Glock 40 caliber is a very menacing weapon, no safety, easy to load and fire - basically a killing machine. At one time I know they were standard issue for one very large government agency. Thanks for the pic it is a great reminder for those who handle that weapon.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:15 PM
Stick892
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:8366

Activity Longevity
1/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss16

A Glock doesn't fire unless the trigger is pulled all the way back! The safety is IN the trigger and has to be fully compressed before the trigger itself starts to travel backwards to fire a round. Whatever he was doing he was violating the #1 rule of Glock safety: Don't put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot!