Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2735
Re: Total Motorway Carnage

Excellent post - thanks.

I don't know where you got the images and story, but the version I know states that all six fatal victims were in the small Corsa and that the students in the van survived, including the driver.

Only three of the victims are identified, and they are aged from 27 to 30 years, which explains that they don't look like students.

The students are said to come from a "private school", so I guess that they are not much more than kids.

There is a small discrepancy in the article: It says that there were 11 surviving persons in the van - but only mentions 10 names. On the other hand it is pretty clear about the dead:

Quote:
He (the driver of the Corsa) was alive when he was removed from the vehicle, but died soon after. Five other people were in the vehicle also died.
And about the survivors:

Quote:
The 11 people who were in the van, color silver, were rescued by teams of Service Mobile Emergency Care (Samu)

Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:13
MAN

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 28538 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss48718

How fast were they going?

Old 10-27-2012, 01:29 AM
CuriousGeorge420
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:106
Male

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 8614 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10735

This is one reason I hate riding in buses or any type of "group" vehicle. No seat-belts.....It might not have matter much either way since it appears to be a straight HEAD ON collision but you never know...At least they would have died prettier.

The Following User Says Thank You to CuriousGeorge420 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth
Old 10-27-2012, 02:26 AM
stephen1108
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:12280

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mort999 View Post
Excellent post - thanks.

I don't know where you got the images and story, but the version I know states that all six fatal victims were in the small Corsa and that the students in the van survived, including the driver.

Only three of the victims are identified, and they are aged from 27 to 30 years, which explains that they don't look like students.

The students are said to come from a "private school", so I guess that they are not much more than kids.

There is a small discrepancy in the article: It says that there were 11 surviving persons in the van - but only mentions 10 names. On the other hand it is pretty clear about the dead:

And about the survivors:
Thank you, this makes so much more sense. Looking at the picture of the van in it's state, and the pictures of the bodies, really do not make sense as to how those bodies can get THAT mangled, yet the van didn't sustain very much damage.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:19 AM
ohnougotme
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1153
i am with penis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss367

them be some broken bodies!

Old 10-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Poster Rank:206
Country Trash
Contributions: 151

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss4906

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1108 View Post
Thank you, this makes so much more sense. Looking at the picture of the van in it's state, and the pictures of the bodies, really do not make sense as to how those bodies can get THAT mangled, yet the van didn't sustain very much damage.
Sometimes these foreign news sources are a little janky. I've seen the same story (this one in particular) told three different ways on three different sites-all 'respectable' news outlets. Not sure what the issue is, but I usually just do a quick rough translation of the 'most reputable' site's story and post it up here. Usually the details are accurate, but sometimes the news will err and sometimes I will too. Sorry the first explanation didn't make much sense for you-it was the best I had to work with at the time.

And, believe it or not, getting the story straight is very important to me. I know many are here just to look at mangled bodies and carnage, but I personally am far more appreciative of an interesting or well told narrative to accompany the chaos.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vedderman For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, khathryn, mort999
Old 10-27-2012, 04:06 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★A solid 5.5★
Poster Rank:30
female

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss29120

Quote:
Originally Posted by banedon View Post
Sometimes these foreign news sources are a little janky. I've seen the same story (this one in particular) told three different ways on three different sites-all 'respectable' news outlets. Not sure what the issue is, but I usually just do a quick rough translation of the 'most reputable' site's story and post it up here. Usually the details are accurate, but sometimes the news will err and sometimes I will too. Sorry the first explanation didn't make much sense for you-it was the best I had to work with at the time.

And, believe it or not, getting the story straight is very important to me. I know many are here just to look at mangled bodies and carnage, but I personally am far more appreciative of an interesting or well told narrative to accompany the chaos.
Ban, you don't have to keep apologizing to people. It's not your fault that info isn't correct sometimes. Most of us realize that.

Your posts are always stellar, I love them! You really add a lot around here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:
khathryn, mort999, Vedderman
Old 10-27-2012, 05:24 AM
mort999
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:312
Male
Contributions: 115

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2735

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
Ban, you don't have to keep apologizing to people. It's not your fault that info isn't correct sometimes. Most of us realize that.

I totally agree, and my post wasn't done to critizise banedon or anybody else - just to fullfill our collective purpose of getting the best images with the best stories.

And banedon is right - there are several versions of the story out there, and they don't even agree on who and how many persons there were in the bus.

Last but not least: If I hadn't known that exactly banedon is a person who appreciate the story with the images, I don't think I would have bothered.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Poster Rank:206
Country Trash
Contributions: 151

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss4906

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post

Thank you. I truly appreciate that. It isn't something I hear very often. Most folks just 'Thank' and run or say nothing at all.

Not that I do this for any sort of attention or appreciation. I just do it because I enjoy sharing the stories and photos with others who find this sort of thing compelling. But it IS a lot of work. Like...a ridiculous amount sometimes. So it does feel nice to be appreciated for the effort once in a while. I would keep posting with or without the positive feedback, but it is always warmly welcomed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vedderman For This Useful Post:
khathryn, mort999