|
#1
●
10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
|
|
Nick Berg's Body Recovered From a Baghdad Overpass, May 2004
American businessman Nick Berg had gone to Iraq to work on radio towers when his captors beheaded him in early May 2004. The group of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi released a video of the killing on May 11. On or about May 8, 2004, his body was discovered on an overpass above an expressway in western Baghdad, while his head was located separately nearby. US soldiers recovered the remains. Accounts differ over whether Iraqi police or a US patrol made the initial discovery. Older replies describing him as a military contractor or intelligence officer are unsupported by reporting; he was a private civilian. |
|
#8
●
10-06-2009, 05:05 PM
|
|
Re: Nick Berg's Body Recovered From a Baghdad Overpass, May 2004
Is that really Nick Berg? Ive never seen that, and I have known about Berg for awhile. It seems real, white guy in orange(like the video), in Iraq(streets, Army(similar to US army in iraq at that time)). Seems like his head. If so, its a very interesting piece of video. Thank you. Good post.
|
|
#9
●
10-06-2009, 05:14 PM
|
|
Re: Nick Berg's Body Recovered From a Baghdad Overpass, May 2004
I've never seen those pictures before. I initially thought 'Wow, they suspended him by his feet' but I guess they'd have a hard time hanging him up the other way with no head. Blonde moment |