Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866
Russell Crowe Walks Out Of BBC Interview, Swearing

Ok, Ok!. It's not exactly current but it is funny and I just stumbled on it while reading up on Mr. Crowe.

Quote:
Russell Ira Crowe (born 7 April 1964) is a New Zealander Australian actor, film producer and musician. He came to international attention for his role as Roman General Maximus Decimus Meridius in the 2000 historical epic film Gladiator
For those who don't get that distinction Russell Crowe is a proud New Zealander who happened to do acting in Australia.

Quote:
Russell Crowe Walks Out Of BBC Interview, Swearing

First Posted: 5/14/10 10:06

Russell Crowe, in Cannes for "Robin Hood," got up and walked out in the middle of a BBC radio interview.

Interviewer Mark Lawson first irritated Crowe by innocently (ignorantly) asking about his accent in the film, saying he heard a hint of Irish.

An unhappy Crowe responded, "You've got dead ears, mate, seriously dead ears if you think there's an Irish accent."

After Crowe rambles a few minutes about the character's genesis, Lawson asks if the accent is more northern English.

Crowe replies, "No I was going for an Italian, yeah. Missed it? Fuck me. Anyway"

But the final nail that made Crowe stand and just leave was when Lawson asked him about a newly published anecdote that says, during "Gladiator" filming, Crowe didn't want to say the famous line, "I'll take my revenge in this life or the next."

Rather than answer, Crowe unhooks himself and walks out, saying, "I don't get the Irish thing by the way."
Quote:
With two weeks to go before filming, the actors complained of problems with the script. William Nicholson was brought to Shepperton Studios to make Maximus a more sensitive character, reworking his friendship with Juba and developed the afterlife thread in the film, saying "he did not want to see a film about a man who wanted to kill somebody." David Franzoni was later brought back to revise the rewrites of Logan and Nicholson, and in the process gained a producer's credit. When Nicholson was brought in, he started going back to Franzoni's original scripts and reading certain scenes. Franzoni helped creatively manage the rewrites and in the role of producer he defended his original script, and argued to stay true to the original vision. Franzoni later shared the Academy Award for Best Picture with producers Douglas Wick and Branko Lustig.

The screenplay faced many rewrites and revisions due to Russell Crowe's script suggestions. Crowe questioned every aspect of the evolving script and strode off the set when he did not get answers. According to a DreamWorks executive, "(Russell Crowe) tried to rewrite the entire script on the spot. You know the big line in the trailer, 'In this life or the next, I will have my vengeance'? At first he absolutely refused to say it." Nicholson, the third and final screenwriter, says Crowe told him, "Your lines are garbage but I'm the greatest actor in the world, and I can make even garbage sound good." Nicholson goes on to say that "...probably my lines were garbage, so he was just talking straight."
I kind of side with Mr. Crowe on that one. It's a stupid borish line. Who wants revenge in the afterlife? How can you even be sure? It would of been more likely that a Roman officer would want to exact revenge for the death of his family here and now. No one ever knows what happens when we are dead.

Russell Crowe seems to have little patience for stupid questions. And don't ask him about wearing tights for his role in Robin Hood.

<object classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' id='telegraph_player_412796' width='599' height='340' codebase='http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab'><param name='movie' value='http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/template/utils/ooyala/telegraph_player.swf'/><param name='wmode' value='window'/><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'/><param name='salign' value='LT'/><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000'/><param name='scale' value='noscale'/><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'/><param name='FlashVars' value='embedCode=N2M2hlMTr4k7k6UBbcKIbST7KnaX7kwU& offSite=true&showTD=true'/><embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/template/utils/ooyala/telegraph_player.swf' pluginspage='http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer' menu='false' quality='high' play='false' name='telegraph_player_412796' height='340' width='599' wmode='window' allowScriptAccess='always' salign='LT' bgcolor='#000000' scale='noscale' allowFullScreen='true' flashvars='embedCode=N2M2hlMTr4k7k6UBbcKIbST7KnaX7 kwU&offSite=true&showTD=true'></embed></object>

The Following User Says Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
downunder
Old 01-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Geemonster
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:23
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss31257
Re: Russell Crowe Walks Out Of BBC Interview, Swearing

Content unavailable!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 PM
SuceMaTub
Offline:
It's in the detail
Poster Rank:286
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2874

Interviewer was just insulting his work..

The Following User Says Thank You to SuceMaTub For This Useful Post:
Mr.Goodbar
Old 01-05-2012, 07:15 PM
SuceMaTub
Offline:
It's in the detail
Poster Rank:286
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2874

Here's the audio...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_576124.html

Old 01-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Mr.Goodbar
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:471
**Corpsegrinding 4 profit**

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1355

Crowe is a bit of a knob but that journalist sounds like a bit of a fuckhead

Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Mr.Goodbar
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:471
**Corpsegrinding 4 profit**

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1355

If you really want to know what a fuckhead R CRowe is then you should read this article called "I was Russell Crowe's Stooge":
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...?page=fullpage

The article won a prestigious journalism award for it's author. Funny article

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Goodbar For This Useful Post:
BryanXavier
Old 01-05-2012, 11:04 PM
LadyPox
Offline:
Dothraki Chick
Poster Rank:203
** Colorado Girl **

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4407

CUNT

Salladhor Saan - GAME OF THRONES

Old 01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

Russel Crowe.

Good in Gladiator, such a twat elsewhere. Will he be missed if he went off a clif?

Nope!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51374

All I hear about Crowe is what a dickhead he is. I would not get so annoyed if someone mistook my accent for somewhere else - and it happens a lot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
downunder
Old 01-07-2012, 03:53 PM
PauloPeter
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:905

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss506

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Russel Crowe.

Good in Gladiator, such a twat elsewhere.
Nope!
i thought romper stomper was pretty good.

The Following User Says Thank You to PauloPeter For This Useful Post:
Mr.Goodbar