yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1919
Re: Routine Endoscopy Leads to 19-year-old's 'vegetative State'

Very sad. There is no comfort in a lawsuit when your child is locked within herself.

The Following User Says Thank You to petedeamon For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
GregK
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:313
male

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2473

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK View Post
Unfort. I think thats rather impossible.
Well, i did not mean to insert the

The Following User Says Thank You to GregK For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 05-08-2013, 12:51 PM
rheedork
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:682
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss785

Why do they even give anesthesia for endoscopy? They always do it here without and although the experience is truly horrible, it's better than risking your life. Only takes 10 minutes too..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rheedork For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Megamel29
Old 05-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudebwoy View Post
Sorry for the offtopic, but Im just having a thought diarrhea.

For me its still unreal how much medication doctors use overseas. You cut your hand? Morphine. You got smacked in the head? Morphine. etc. Of course Im exaggerating, but it feels like this sometimes. I had my wisdom teeth pulled too and got my tonsils out and I wasnt put under or got a sedative in either case, just a buttload of lidocain. I was conscious and clear minded during the procedures. Of course it wasnt a pleasant experience, but I wouldnt take sedatives/pain killers (addictive ones at that) or be taken under unnecessarily.

It always makes me frown when I see clips on youtube about people who got their teeth pulled and they are so strung out on medication they dont even know whats going on, even little kids for pete's sake (David after dentist, anyone?). I wonder if the situation would still be funny if it wasnt a little kid saying or doing dumb stuff while strung out, but a homeless junkie strung out on the same drug.

Its just weird for me that they administer hard hitting mind altering drugs so frivolously.
You didn't get put under to have your tonsils out? I think that's unheard of in the US. I was put under to have my wisdom teeth removed. It was an option for me and at the time I didn't think anything of it. I was only 18 and I didn't know then that sometimes people don't wake up from that.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 AM
Rudebwoy
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1440

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
You didn't get put under to have your tonsils out? I think that's unheard of in the US.
Nope. I had to sit in a chair similar to what dentists have, and I got an apron that had a pocket right below my chin. Doc starts the procedure by giving me a huge lidocaine injection, and makes sure it was enough. After that he starts cutting, sometimes when there is too much blood he asks me to spit in the pocket on the apron and thats it. Like I said: its not a pleasure ride but it isnt that horrifying either.
Same procedure goes for little kids, though they MIGHT get a sedative though its quite rare (kids who throw a fit get strapped in the chair first).
Adults have the option to be put under but docs usually advise against it, and local anesthetic is the default procedure.
This is in east europe though, dont know much about this in west europe.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rudebwoy For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 05-12-2013, 11:27 PM
mrm1109
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:646
Cunt
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss860

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
The girl may have had some underlying medical conditions or was taking medications her anesthesiologist didn't know about.

I tell my doctors if I took a Tylenol, along with the prescription medications. I woke up during a colonoscopy one time and tried to sit up and asked if I was alright. The doctor told me he was almost done.
No matter what anyone tells you about getting either end tested, the prep for the colonoscopy is the worst part. You have to drink a gallon of salty tasting liquid for 24 hours and take a stool softener, which I forgot to take and one other thing that I forget now. They give you a choice of flavors for the crap you drink, but, all I tasted was salt. Nasty!

My doctors both used a camera you swallow for the endoscopies. You're not completely out of it. The anesthesiologists kept tapping my hand and saying my name. It feels like you're dreaming, but, you don't feel anything. The fear of going the first time messes with you, but, the procedures are simple.

The endoscopies did make my throat feel dry though. They gave me and my great nephew juice afterwards. He came with my driver :)

I'm going in for a colonoscopy this Thursday. I'm freaked out you woke up during yours. I read about other people waking up during it to. Did they give you twilight?

Old 05-12-2013, 11:37 PM
mrm1109
Offline:
Poster Rank:646
Cunt
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudebwoy View Post
Sorry for the offtopic, but Im just having a thought diarrhea.

For me its still unreal how much medication doctors use overseas. You cut your hand? Morphine. You got smacked in the head? Morphine. etc. Of course Im exaggerating, but it feels like this sometimes. I had my wisdom teeth pulled too and got my tonsils out and I wasnt put under or got a sedative in either case, just a buttload of lidocain. I was conscious and clear minded during the procedures. Of course it wasnt a pleasant experience, but I wouldnt take sedatives/pain killers (addictive ones at that) or be taken under unnecessarily.

It always makes me frown when I see clips on youtube about people who got their teeth pulled and they are so strung out on medication they dont even know whats going on, even little kids for pete's sake (David after dentist, anyone?). I wonder if the situation would still be funny if it wasnt a little kid saying or doing dumb stuff while strung out, but a homeless junkie strung out on the same drug.

Its just weird for me that they administer hard hitting mind altering drugs so frivolously.
That's strange you weren't put under for tonsil removal. I was but then I was like 8 years old at the time. I wasn't put under for my wisdom teeth. Just got shots of Novocaine.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrm1109 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 05-14-2013, 03:28 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheedork View Post
Why do they even give anesthesia for endoscopy? They always do it here without and although the experience is truly horrible, it's better than risking your life. Only takes 10 minutes too..

I have no idea. Maybe some people get freaked out by having that black, spaghetti-looking thing down their throats.

I worked with a woman who had to have anesthesia to get her teeth cleaned. A regular cleaning!

We're all different and handle pain and discomfort differently.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:30 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm1109 View Post
That's strange you weren't put under for tonsil removal. I was but then I was like 8 years old at the time. I wasn't put under for my wisdom teeth. Just got shots of Novocaine.

I had no issues with wisdom teeth removal and only had novocaine as well.

No stitches either for me.

I feel another one coming in and I'm over 50!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Iliketurtles
Offline:
Poster Rank:641

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss864

When i had my colonoscopy i woke up with a semi hard on and my gown was half way up my legs