Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Old News but Fucking Funny - Coogee Bay Hotel Ice Cream

October 2008.
Human excrement found in free gelato

A FAMILY is planning legal action against one of Sydney's best- known pubs after being served food that allegedly contained human excrement.

Stephen and Jessica Whyte and their three sons were served complimentary gelato dessert by Coogee Bay Hotel staff three weeks ago after complaining about food prices, facilities and staff attitude.
After eating the dessert Mrs Whyte became violently ill. A heated argument erupted with staff over the contents of the bowl. Distraught, the family took a sample of the gelato and had it tested at the National Measurement Institute. A report from the institute found: "The sample has an offensive odour and physical properties similar to human excreta."

Last week the Whytes spoke to Coogee Bay Hotel owner Christopher Cheung. "His view was that we were in this for money. He tried to buy us off with $5000 which, for me, was the final straw," Mr Whyte said.

"I said: 'I think you're missing the point here. My wife and children sat down in your pub and were served a bowl of free ice-cream containing faeces.'"

The Coogee Bay Hotel re-opened its doors over the October long weekend following a multi-million-dollar refurbishment of its beer garden, beach bar and brasserie, hoping to shake its boozy backpacker image.

Mrs Whyte said her "footy mad family" went to the pub on October 5 to watch the NRL grand final. They allege they complained three times to brasserie staff before the sound on the television screen was turned up. When the children wanted ice-cream, the family was told an adult serve cost $19. Mr Whyte vented his anger before leaving the pub in search of cheaper ice-cream.

"Later, this huge bowl of ice-cream arrived at our table as a 'sorry for all the hassle'," Mrs Whyte said. "There were four scoops including vanilla, chocolate and hazelnut. At the bottom, there appeared to be chocolate. Greedily, I went for it ahead of the kids. Thank heavens I did. The stench, the taste … I spat the food into a napkin and immediately I was sick.

"There was no doubting what it was. The whole family became hysterical. My poor son screamed at one of their staff: 'You made my mum eat poo."' The family complained to Waverley police.

In a letter to the family, hotel general manager Tony Williams said: "If the incident did happen, as claimed, then it may well have been an act of industrial sabotage - with the hotel as a victim alongside your family."

But yesterday Mr Williams said the case was now a legal issue that would be "vigorously defended".

"We are aware of the allegation and are treating it as extremely suspicious. Mr and Mrs Whyte have made a demand for up to $1 million from The Coogee Bay Hotel … We categorically stand behind the high quality of our food and the exemplary hygiene standards set in the new brassiere kitchen."

Mrs Whyte said: "This isn't about money. It's about making sure it never happens again."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...351608023.html

Coogee Bay Hotel in Sydney 'served human faeces in ice cream'

Family claims pub dished up faeces.
Mother traumatised after eating the substance.
She now struggles to wipe her child's bottom.
SYDNEY eastern suburbs drinking hole the Coogee Bay Hotel is at the centre of a scandal involving the serving of human faecal matter in a bowl of ice cream, The Sunday Telegraph reports.
Queens Park builder Steve Whyte has conducted an independent laboratory test on a dessert spoon-sized amount of brown substance that was served in a bowl of ice cream to his wife and three children at the Coogee Bay's brasserie during a grand-final lunch on Sunday, October 5.
The family alleges hotel staff served them a large bowl of ice cream covering what looked like "compacted chocolate".
The laboratory report by the Federal Government's National Measurement Institute confirms that the matter served to the Whyte family - and partly consumed by Mr Whyte's wife, Jessica - "has an offensive odour and physical properties similar to human excreta ... and to contain fragments of a variety of plant matter typical of excreta".
Hotel owner Chris Cheung and general manager Tony Williams have offered the Whytes $5000 without admitting liability, but the family has rejected the offer.
Mrs Whyte said the whole episode would have a lasting effect on her. She said she now struggled when wiping her youngest son's bottom and was anxious about eating out.
"The minute I put the spoon to my lips, the stench went through my nostrils. I retched and spat it into the napkin," she said.
"My friend thought I was over-reacting, but when she smelt it, she started screaming: 'Oh my god, they've served us s---."'
The family told the staff what had happened and immediately went to the Waverley police station, where they were advised it was a Health Department matter.
The Whytes took their boys Tom, eight, Thomas, seven, and Ben, three, to the hotel with another family after it was advertised as a family-friendly venue to watch the NRL grand final.
Mr Whyte has now employed law firm Slater&Gordon in a legal action against the management of the hotel who, he says, have demonstrated "arrogance and a complete lack of contrition" and, worse, accused the family of only being after money.
The Whytes say they are outraged that someone would serve human waste to children.
They allege the incident was deliberate and followed a trivial altercation with the hotel's management when Mr Whyte complained about not being able to properly watch the grand final as advertised - because the television screen was in another room - and bought ice creams for his children from another business.
"I don't care about money, although it's obvious to anyone the damage to a business from this sort of thing would be a significant amount," Mr Whyte told The Sunday Telegraph, which has inspected the remains and can confirm it to be consistent with human faecal matter.
The penalty for knowingly breaching NSW food laws include prosecutions with fines of up to $110,000 for individuals or imprisonment for two years or both, and $550,000 for corporations.
In a statement yesterday, Mr Williams accused the Whytes of making suspicious allegations.
"We are aware of the allegation that has been made, and are treating it as extremely suspicious," he said.
"The couple making the suspicious allegation have made a demand for up to $1 million from The Coogee Bay Hotel, which we believe borders on extortion."
The Whytes deny they are trying to extort money from the hotel.
"I just don't think they should be allowed to get away with it by trying to give us money," Mr Whyte said.
In a letter from the hotel to the Whytes, Mr Williams acknowledges that they "have made a serious complaint about being served with a gelato dessert contaminated with faecal matter".
Mr Williams also raises the possibility of "industrial sabotage" - with the hotel itself as much of a victim.
Mr Williams has met with the family several times, and on one occasion inspected the sample of waste for confirmation.
The Coogee Bay Hotel has long been marred in controversy for alcohol-related violence.
It has recently spent a large amount of money trying to change its image, including getting rid of the notorious Bra Boys and encouraging a more family-oriented atmosphere.
A spokeswoman for Primary Industries Minister Ian Macdonald said the family should contact the NSW Food Authority without delay so Mr McDonald could launch an investigation.
"This is an absolute disgrace. Food safety is our priority. Consumers deserve to get what they pay for, and that includes clean, safe food," she said.

http://www.news.com.au/news/iconic-p...-1111117854530

Google Coogee Bay Hotel ice cream for a good laugh.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
DeeMarieGK, diamondsmiles, gatagato, K9Grip, kellyhound, Nite
Old 06-30-2012, 03:43 AM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Re: Old News but Fucking Funny - Coogee Bay Hotel Ice Cream

now THIS is sue-worthy.. i know some customers deserve what they get, with how they treat waiters/staff.. but serving bodily waste or fluids that will turn them ill is crossing the line.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
DeeMarieGK, diamondsmiles, K9Grip, kellyhound
Old 06-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss88611

fucking classic

The Following User Says Thank You to Nite For This Useful Post:
hal0mega
Old 06-30-2012, 08:20 AM
mpcronin
Offline:
Captain
Poster Rank:224
meat & veggies
Contributions: 16

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3913

Now that is disgusting! I would'nt stop with just a lawsuit, I would also demand a boycott to make DAMN SURE that will never happen again.

diamondsmiles
Old 06-30-2012, 09:48 AM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

I never heard about this...
That is fucking disgusting! How dare someone do that?

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61186

holy crap, what a dirty fuckers.
sue them for their last penny.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

These fuck heads have obviously never heard the mantra "Never insult anyone that makes you food, but if you must finish eating first".
I have to admit I would have gone fucking nuclear if I was served shit in a dish.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

It's turned into a huge joke in Sydney now. You're getting an ice cream from a Mr Whippy van somewhere and some bugger will say "hope it's not a Coogee Bay special", everyone will piss themselves laughing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Faline, kellyhound, Nite
Old 07-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Disgusting

The Following User Says Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-01-2012, 07:53 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcronin View Post
Now that is disgusting! I would'nt stop with just a lawsuit, I would also demand a boycott to make DAMN SURE that will never happen again.

Call all of the media and have it shown all over the world!