Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6741
Louisiana Man Burns 5-Year-Old "Alive" Gets Death Sentence

COUSHATTA — The conviction and death sentence of a Coushatta man who killed his girlfriend's son by burning him alive has been upheld by the Louisiana State Supreme Court.

Terrance Carter sought an appeal from the state's highway court based on 28 errors he says occurred during his September 2008 capital murder trial. The court denied him after a "thorough review of the law and the evidence," according to the 42-page opinion.

Carter was arrested in July 2006 after Red River Parish sheriff's deputies found the burned body of Corinthian Houston, 5, tied to a chair in an abandoned house next door to Carter's mother's home. Corinthian had been doused with gasoline and set on fire. He suffered third- and fourth-degree burns over 54 percent of his body and likely died within a minute.

Carter abducted Corinthian from his grandmother's home in Natchitoches after Corinthian's mother, Pamela Fisher, ended a romantic relationship with Carter and resumed a relationship with Corinthian's father, Marcus Houston.

Lillie Parker is the grandmother of Corinthians Houston, the five year old boy Natchitoches police say Terrence Carter and accomplice George Herring abducted late Saturday night.

"All of the sudden I said 'Where's Corinthian's?' And that's when Michela said a green van pulled up and picked him up," says Parker.

Carter had been the boyfriend of Corinthians' mother. It had not been a happy relationship.
"They had a lot of problems, just fighting and stuff," says Byron Carter, Terrence Carter's brother. He says what happen next, is so overwhelming. "I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't believe it," he says.

Deputies allege Carter took Corinthians to an abandoned house in Coushatta where he killed the child. Carter's family understands the child was burned and later found on a chair inside the home.

"I feel like there was something more I could have done to prevent this situation. And like I said this is just a sad situation between Terrence and the child," says Carter

It all serves as confirmation about Carter's behavior Sunday morning. Family members say he was seen making trips across the field from the murder scene, back to his home.

"This is a case of a boyfriend/girlfriend deal and the boyfriend trying to get back at the girlfriend," says Red River Parish Sheriff Johnny Hudson.

A jury of Lincoln Parish residents decided Carter's guilt and death sentence after a week of testimony. Carter wasn't formally sentenced until more than a year later because of a series of post-trial motions, including the request for a new trial, that bounced between state and appellate courts for months.
In its decision released late Tuesday, the state Supreme Court said, in part, "In light of the horrific circumstances in which the defendant killed the 5-year-old victim in this case, we do not find that a sentence of death is a disproportionate penalty."
Carter testified that he could not remember what happened after he kidnapped the boy from his grandmother's house in Natchitoches and took him to a vacant house in Coushatta on July 1, 2006. But in statements to investigators, Carter said he tied the child to a chair, poured gasoline on him and set him on fire.

Carter's main reason for an appeal, and the sole one advanced at oral arguments, was his allegation that one of his defense attorneys, Daryl Gold, had a conflict of interest because he was facing an unrelated criminal offense at the time of the trial.
Carter did not specify what actions Gold took or failed to take as a result of the potential conflict, but instead contended the risk was great and the trial court "inadequately inquired" into it. Gold was not prosecuted, the court notes.

Note: A photo of Terrance Carter is not available citing security reasons until he is transferred to state prison.

Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ed Gein For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Dragonlady66, Dynamo47, kellyhound, Pyramid_Head
Old 01-30-2012, 04:26 PM
luton loyal
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:115

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss8704
Re: Louisiana Man Burns 5-Year-Old "Alive" Gets Death Sentence

Old 01-30-2012, 06:27 PM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:395
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1836

omg, how fuckin brutal.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Why do these assholes take their issues out on the innocents? And they are all such cute little angels. Very sad.

We want to see Terrence Carter! "No picture available due to security reasons." Bullshit!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Dynamo47, icheerthebull
Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 AM
thin_spirit
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6349

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss21

There are a lot more freaks like this in the world than people realize. As a Correction Officer I see so many dispicable human beings it's mind boggling. Some of these guys that are locked up are serial killers, oddly enough never make headlines etc... child molesters, rapists and all around nasty people. The range of crimes is just appalling, and the worst part once they get to prison they become the biggest cry babies ever. They all want, want, want, and want. I have right's etc, it's rediculous. The sad thing is, yeah this guy will be in prison, but they really do not have it to bad in there. They have more rights on the inside then we do on the outside. Sure, some guys get raped, etc... But they have it pretty damned good on the inside because of the bleeding hearts in this country

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thin_spirit For This Useful Post:
Dragonlady66, Dynamo47
Old 01-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

He was sentenced to death? Well that's a start, but no lethal injection bullshit set his ass on fire too.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:09 AM
thin_spirit
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6349

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
He was sentenced to death? Well that's a start, but no lethal injection bullshit set his ass on fire too.
Sadly, he will be treated better by the government then either you or I. He will not have to worry about "inhumane" treatment and the such. Sure, as corrections officers we have our ways of making them miserable, however we can't do anything to make thier lives torturous. They get taken care of very well by our government, it's a life of leisure for them really. Disgusting I know, but that is America. http://news.yahoo.com/north-carolina...-abc-news.html This is a prime example of what I am talking about. Most often, inmates in this country that are on death row will never have to worry about being raped or beaten up as they are housed in thier own cell by themselves, 23 hours a day.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Dynamo47
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:379
Male

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1905

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin_spirit View Post
There are a lot more freaks like this in the world than people realize. As a Correction Officer I see so many dispicable human beings it's mind boggling. Some of these guys that are locked up are serial killers, oddly enough never make headlines etc... child molesters, rapists and all around nasty people. The range of crimes is just appalling, and the worst part once they get to prison they become the biggest cry babies ever. They all want, want, want, and want. I have right's etc, it's rediculous. The sad thing is, yeah this guy will be in prison, but they really do not have it to bad in there. They have more rights on the inside then we do on the outside. Sure, some guys get raped, etc... But they have it pretty damned good on the inside because of the bleeding hearts in this country
Excellent post and couldn't agree more. If you were in the Philly area beers would be on me!

Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 PM
candymosh
Offline:
Poster Rank:124

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

He should be executed the same way

The Following User Says Thank You to candymosh For This Useful Post:
kellyhound
Old 01-31-2012, 02:25 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss3658

The real reason why they cant build prisons on the cheap and reduce the costs of the prison services is due to soft hearted idiots who believe scum should be looked after or 'cured'.

The only cure suitable is a painful death.

The only suitable punishment is a big tv with rolling programs explaining to the population who coming to the prison and what they did.

These people wont be in solitary. I wish our prisons struck fear into scum.

The Following User Says Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
Dynamo47