Go Back  

Japan Student Swept Over Canadian Niagara Falls (15 August 2011) 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 08-17-2011, 05:49 PM
luton loyal
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:115

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8705
Re: Japan Student Swept Over Canadian Niagara Falls (15 August 2011)

Old 08-17-2011, 06:20 PM
JustSarah
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:9542
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss9

So basically they've either found another body while looking for hers, or "she" was biologically a man?

Old 08-18-2011, 04:46 AM
boltcaster_44
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2454

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss108

Japs are supposed to be smart, looks like her 3 second flying lesson didnt help her much

Old 08-18-2011, 07:41 AM
gatagato
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5490

It seems that maybe this couple caught her final moments on camera
Falls image may be her final moments

Click image for larger version

Name:	gnagnagno.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	297713
Partners Andrea Smith, left, and Jason Watson of Windsor, Ont., are pictured in their home Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2011, with a photo they took of themselves while on vacation at Niagara Falls, Ont. In the photo, a woman wearing a red sweater is presumed to have fallen over and drowned.

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?deepLinkEmbedCode=pvaG5xMjpv-3dFZaS_VVM6V0BEvJ3bkK&video_pcode=xobms6AdYCCdgiz_ Qwxh2JOYMmEU&embedCode=pvaG5xMjpv-3dFZaS_VVM6V0BEvJ3bkK&width=620&autoplay=0&height= 350"></script>

Quote:
WINDSOR, Ont. -- A Windsor couple is plagued with guilt after realizing their family photos at Niagara Falls may have captured a stranger in her final moments on earth before she plummeted to her death.

“It was quite strange,” said Andrea Smith.

“It actually gave me a chill. We could have done something to save her and we didn’t.

“And now we have these pictures of her. We’re sitting here looking at them and it’s quite eerie.”

A 19-year-old Japanese student, who was attending school in Toronto, was still missing Tuesday and presumed dead after she was swept over the falls on Sunday.

Police haven’t released her name.

Rescue crews from both sides of the border rushed to the scene and launched a search, but were unable to find the woman.

During their search on Monday, however, they found the body of an unidentified man in the water.

Also Sunday, a man from London fractured his leg after he climbed over a safety wall and fell into the Niagara River gorge.

Smith and her boyfriend Jason Watson believe they inadvertently photographed the now missing woman minutes before she fell. Smith said their son Jared Watson snapped a photo of the couple shortly after 8 p.m., near a railing at the brink of the mighty falls, with the rushing water behind them.

The woman, wearing a red sweater, is visible over their right shoulders. She’s standing on the wet stone base of the safety railing, straddling it. One of the girl’s friends is leaning on the railing talking to her. While other witnesses have said the woman was wearing a red hoodie sweatshirt, which is different than the sweater worn by the girl in Smith’s photo, she is confident it’s the same person.

“Where the girl fell was exactly where we were standing,” said Smith. “The description of her is exactly the same as the girl in the picture, what she was wearing. I was thinking that’s kind of dumb, she could fall really easily. It was really wet and she was sitting there all casual talking to her friend. She was sitting there for a while.”

After taking the photos, they walked away. Smith now regrets not telling her to get down.

“We heard about it the next day,” said Smith. “We looked it up online. We were like ‘wow, that happened when we were there.’ Then we were looking through our pictures and saw her.”

“That was quite creepy. It made us feel really bad because we should have said something to her, like get down.”

Watson said he also feels terrible about the woman’s fall. He said he wasn’t really paying attention and didn’t notice her at first. When he learned what happened, his heart sank. He wishes he could have made a difference, but wonders if the woman would have listened to him anyway.

“I felt horrible,” said Watson. “I felt like if I was there and saw her more, I could have told her to get off the railing. But you can’t do that anymore because people tell you to mind your own business.”

http://www.windsorstar.com/Falls+ima...111/story.html
P.S.: I guess their story is real: a man wearing a Batman t-shirt would never lie.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
güttsfükk, kellyhound
Old 08-19-2011, 05:35 AM
gatagato
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5490

*UPDATE
Woman's body found in Niagara River; not known if it's that of Japanese student
Quote:
New York State Parks Police say the body of a woman has been recovered from the Niagara River below Niagara Falls.

A statement says police were called after a Cave of the Winds employee spotted a body in the river near the attraction on Thursday morning.

A police spokeswoman says the body has been sent for autopsy and identification, but investigators don't yet know if it's that of a Japanese student who was swept over the waterfall.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2133916/

Hopefully this time it's her: heck, bodies seem to spring up like mushrooms there ...

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
kellyhound
Old 08-19-2011, 04:45 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss61189

Quote:
In a press release issued Friday from the Niagara Parks Police Service, police confirm the identity of human remains "are those of the young woman who was reported falling into the water of the Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side of the border."

Ayano Tokumasu, a 20-year-old Japanese student studying in Toronto, fell over the railing on Sunday, Aug. 14. She was trying to snap a photo at the time.

Niagara Parks Police said they have notified next-of-kin, but they will not be releasing the identity of the body.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
470_niagara_falls_victim2_1108162.jpg  

li-facebook-tokumasu.jpg  

AyanoTokumasuNiagraFallsDeath2.jpg  

AyanoTokumasuNiagraFallsDeath3.jpg  

Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

So they released her name on the paper they aren't going to be releasing the identity?

That sucks. People need to stay off the rails!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 PM
slapchoppa
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:539

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
Both is mentioned in gutts description about this news
"i'm from canada, eh. they think i'm slow."
honestly, i commented on this not reading the text. is my face rrrred!

Old 08-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Mr.Goodbar
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:472
**Corpsegrinding 4 profit**

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1355

she cute enough. I'd have slipped her the hot beef injection fer shure

Old 08-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Robert440
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:981
male

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss443

Quote:
Ayano Tokumasu, a 20-year-old Japanese student studying in Toronto, fell over the railing on Sunday, Aug. 14. She was trying to snap a photo at the time.
Read Taking Photo as Planking?