Home Register Mark Forums Read NTFU Login Rules Top Posters What We Need
Go Back   Documenting Reality > Faces of Death Pictures | Death Video > Death Pictures | The Real Faces of Death

Rosalia Lombardo - the Most Beautiful Child Mummy in the World 

Join Now

Old 02-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Bylot
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1145

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss270
Rosalia Lombardo - the Most Beautiful Child Mummy in the World

Rosalia Lombardo was an Italian child born in 1918 in Palermo, Sicily. She died of pneumonia on December 6, 1920. Rosalia's father, General Lombardo, was sorely grieved upon her death, so he approached Alfredo Salafia, a noted embalmer, to preserve her. Her body was one of the last corpses to be admitted to the Capuchin catacombs of Palermo in Sicily.

Recently, the mummification techniques used by Salafia were discovered in a handwritten memoir of Salafia's. Salafia replaced the girl's blood with a liquid made of formalin to kill bacteria, alcohol to dry the body, glycerin to keep her from overdrying, salicylic acid to kill fungi, and zinc salts to give her body rigidity. Accordingly, the formula's composition is "one part glycerin, one part formalin saturated with both zinc sulfate and chloride, and one part of an alcohol solution saturated with salicylic acid.

X-rays of the body show that even the organs are remarkably intact.
Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Palermo_Rosalia_Lombardo.jpg  

Palermo_Rosalia_Lombardo2.jpg  

Palermo_Rosalia_Lombardo4.jpg  

iq-rosalia-lombardo-mumie100~_v-image512_-6a0b0d9618fb94fd9ee05a84a1099a13ec9d3321.jpg  

Palermo_Rosalia_Lombardo_grab.jpg  

rosalia_x-rayed.jpg  

Bambina.jpg  

rosalia-lombardo-palermo.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Bylot; 02-03-2012 at 02:55 PM.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bylot For This Useful Post:
Abaaub, amandaandangel, Brainplague, Darkest Angel, DeeMarieGK, diamondsmiles, donnerkebab, gatagato, Gaydolf Shitler, HairyGrape, kayo brizzle, KellyBella77, L1v1ngD3ad, measlemeow, Mistress Eva, NaughtyGirls, ousoonerchic, Pyramid_Head, QueenBee, spresley616, Yoshie
Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Bylot
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1145

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss270
Re: Rosalia Lombardo - the Most Beautiful Child Mummy in the World

Some more images of child mummies.
Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
gallery_4d8883f7c81d2_TAN79531.jpg  

tumblr_lhzi6aGiSQ1qchg6eo1_500.jpg  

0,1020,781024,00.jpg  

Attached Images

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bylot For This Useful Post:
Brainplague, corpsehands, Darkest Angel, diamondsmiles, Gaydolf Shitler, hutsy, jaxx756, kayo brizzle, measlemeow, Pyramid_Head, QueenBee, wujuan
Old 02-03-2012, 03:04 PM
kayo brizzle
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:378
Female

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1464

Fascinating!!
Amazing lengths the parents will go through to hang on. I would imagine it's hell to bury your children.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kayo brizzle For This Useful Post:
azimuth, Billthegravedigger, Brainplague, NaughtyGirls, TheJewishYeti
Old 02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Ed Gein
Offline:
★Grave Robber★
Poster Rank:115
Male

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7128

Morbid!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:22 PM
spresley616
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:423
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1284

I bet the Pharaohs are pissed off. They'll have some choice words for their embalmers.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 PM
luton loyal
Offline:
My Rank: CAPTAIN
Poster Rank:111

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7442

Old 02-03-2012, 03:36 PM
elizajane
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:215
i am a ladeeee....:-)

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3298

I'm gonny get that for my kitty.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elizajane For This Useful Post:
**butterflylove**, Spiffyfable
Old 02-03-2012, 04:52 PM
gatagato
Ἀτλαντὶς νῆσος
Poster Rank:190
Male
Contributions: 264

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss3955

There's a book, "Il maestro del sonno eterno" about Alfredo Salafia and the embalming of little Rosalia Lombardo:
http://www.ibs.it/code/9788895709529...del-sonno.html

She's been nicknamed "Sleeping Beauty" because no one would ever think she's actually dead, all those who see her body with their own eyes just conclude that what they saw was much more consistent with a sleeping girl than with a dead body. The manuscript left to his nephew Rosanna revealed the basics and the substances used in the treatment, as you correctly reported, but their dosage is still unknown: and most likely will be forever, since it seems that he deliberately decided to keep the secret.
Great, great work mate, thanks.

Now the bad news
The body of Rosalia seems to have been RUINED by National Geographic and EURAC, according to Rosalia's sister: this news is dated july 2011, the translation is rough because my english sucks.

Letter written by Rosanna's mom, the sister of Rosalia, the "sleeping beauty": her name is Rosalia as well, she born five years after the death of her sister.

Quote:
"Dear Sirs, respectable authorities, my name is Rosalia Lombardo, I was born in Gaeta, on September 15, 1925, and i'm sister of Rosalia Lombardo, the famed mummy now kept at the Capuchin catacombs of Palermo.
I have the honor, with this letter, to bring to your attention some facts that, in my humble opinion, are incredible and have deeply touched my sensibilities as a sister of the departed.

Every day I see on different television channels and on every public and private networks, people discussing about my sister with references to events and situations, nothing short of "surreal" and also means using petty, but to audiences, which includes the implementation in wave picture of my deceased parents and my daughter Rosanna La Ferla and this systematically happens without due authorization.

To all this I would add that the last time I saw my sister, in 2007, her body looked wonderful, the color of her skin was worthy the reputation that made her famous throughout the world.

Unfortunately I have to point out that one day I've found out that the creature who seemed asleep for so long, now seems another person: she has different hairs, her eyes are now half open and the beautiful color of her skin has become strange ... it seems tarnished!

And you want to know how did all this happen? Want to know who has irreparably ruined my little sister? I know, and when I tried, through my lawyers, to obtain justice on the whole story, have been ignored, threatened, and "invited" to shut up!

But since I have only a few years of life, considering my old age, me and my daughter Rosanna are not afraid of anyone and we have nothing to fear and we want to say the "whole truth" on this sorrowful event that "all", including institutions, covered up until now.

Sending you all the echo of my pain because i hope to open a gate to the possibility that my sister can return that creature that has been admired from all over the world, and not a victim of poor body experiments that have irreparably compromised her body.
Please, listen to me and to my daughter Rosanna in sign of respect for my family and for little Rosalia!
Thanks for your attention. "
The woman is openly blaming NG and EURAC for having ruined the body; she obviously doesn't know what exactly ruined it, all she knows for sure is that now the body does NOT look at all as it looks in these pics, and that the disaster happened during the "experiments" conducted by both NG and EURAC.
http://palermo.blogsicilia.it/rosali...graphic/49816/
Old 02-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Sexy Aussie Chick
Poster Rank:207
NORTORIOUS V.A.G

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3451

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizajane View Post
I'm gonny get that for my kitty.......
yes you should always preserve a good pussy
Documenting Reality > Faces of Death Pictures | Death Video > Death Pictures | The Real Faces of Death

Amateur Sex & Naked Wife And Girlfriend Forum