Go Back  

Shooting Instructor Accidentally Shot in the Head by a 9-year-old Girl Has Died 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 09-06-2014, 02:31 PM
bootydaddy
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:7395

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss20
Re: Shooting Instructor Accidentally Shot in the Head by a 9-year-old Girl Has

Lock her up and throw away the key before she kills again for christ sake!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bootydaddy For This Useful Post:
30564U, Qos
Old 09-21-2014, 04:00 AM
fenek
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1502
Male

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss282

There is no way all those kids came from the same parent. But in all seriousness, I love that at the 38 second mark, there's a plant in the background to separate the pretty, blonde kids from the ugly, frightening looking ones. I guarantee you some riff raff producer did that on purpose!

Old 09-21-2014, 07:47 AM
spycosis
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:748
XY

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadjumper View Post
Tragic? No motherfucking stupid... a freakin NINE year old with a semi automatic weapon? Seriously, is it THAT necessary to expose a child to such weapons?
isn't that a fully automatic weapon ?

The Following User Says Thank You to spycosis For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 03-08-2018, 04:32 PM
nextgas100miles
Offline:
Poster Rank:2113
Male

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss168

Word is it's fake. Not sure about that but where's the footage of the kill shot. can't be found as far as i can tell? anyone know if it exists? If so please message me as it's tough to go back as no alerts on DR as to reply. Thanks in advance.

The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By nextgas100miles:
Metal Mike
Old 03-29-2018, 05:18 AM
U2Addict
Offline:
Poster Rank:2307
eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 28 May Atlanta!!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss144

Kind of reminds me of a scene from the movie Layer Cake. The Duke gives his junkie girl Slasher an Uzi to keep the victims they are robbing at bay, they taunt her and she gets spooked and accidentally starts firing, except this is real life with stoopid for parents and instructor.

The Following User Says Thank You to U2Addict For This Useful Post:
ReturnToHangar
Old 03-29-2018, 08:16 PM
Ninjavandal
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:115

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2440 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11314

Allowing a nine-year-old to fire a full-auto firearm. What could go wrng?

Old 05-16-2019, 12:24 AM
JustAnotherIdiot
Offline:
Poster Rank:2605
Male

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 2/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss123

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextgas100miles View Post
Word is it's fake. Not sure about that but where's the footage of the kill shot. can't be found as far as i can tell? anyone know if it exists? If so please message me as it's tough to go back as no alerts on DR as to reply. Thanks in advance.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but my father and I were talking about this today after I told him about my plans to teach my daughter of gun control.

This happened in my home state of Arizona. There are MANY places in AZ where you can pay for a “full-auto machine gun experience”. Hell there is a gun club in Scottsdale that offers the “.50 caliber experience” where they take you out to the desert where they have a .50 cal mounted to the roof of a Humvee, and you can light up a junker car.

Many ranges offer rental of machine guns. And every range i have been to mandates instructor hands on training with these rentals.

Now, I have experience with numerous full auto guns, including machine pistols, many mentioned here such as the uzi, mini uzi, mac-10 and full auto glocks.

Now I have to admit that the first 5 rounds through each of them had pretty extreme muzzle lift. (Not even 10 degrees, but definitely more than I was comfortable with). My instructor had to remind me to keep the gun close as you have more control the closer the weapon is to your center of mass. When firing M-16s I was told “cosy up to her like your prom date”

Now, to answer some questions posed on here:

“Where is the full video?”
In the Mojave sheriffs department evidence room

“Word is this is fake”
No, it is not. The instructor was shot in the head and killed. His family sued the gun range 2 years later. His daughter, Elizabeth, recorded an open message to the child firing the gun saying that it was not her fault and to “go on with your life”

“Where were the parents?” They were the ones filming

“Why were they teaching a child to shoot such a gun?”
They were not. This was not training, this was “an experience”. It’s like when they take lawyers out in NASCAR cars to take 10 laps on the track. It’s not training, it’s just to feel what it’s like.

“The instructor should be there to push the gun away”
HELL TO THE FUCKING NO! If the instructor didn't have his hands on the gun before it was fired, there is no way he should be pushing on an actively firing full auto.

“The instructor should have been behind her”
Yes, he should have been. Looking over her right shoulder behind her. Fuck the camera angle, your ability to film is a distant second to the safety of all around

The instructor was in a bent over, off balance position due to the vast height difference.

The reality is that the instructor was at fault here. He is the expert and his main job was to keep everyone safe.

In this situation, he should have said to the parents “no, I am sorry, she is too little to fire that gun. She doesn't have the weight or the strength to control the weapon”

The only thing missing to make this worse is if just prior, he said to someone off camera, “Here, hold my beer”.

While I don’t believe that he deserved to die, he was 100% at fault for his death.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustAnotherIdiot For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple, FunkPumpkin, winvens
Old 08-15-2019, 11:25 PM
Ms420247
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:17935

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Anyone know where to find full video?

Old 08-16-2019, 12:16 AM
HeyJealousy
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:340
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2856

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenek View Post
There is no way all those kids came from the same parent. But in all seriousness, I love that at the 38 second mark, there's a plant in the background to separate the pretty, blonde kids from the ugly, frightening looking ones. I guarantee you some riff raff producer did that on purpose!
So good-looking girls make for good-hearted people? No exceptions?

Right. Like Karla Homolka was an angel, and Mother Theresa was a demon.

My ass. Karla WAS a demon, but she's a DILF (Demon I'd Like To Fuck). Aileen Wuornos? I wouldn't touch that with a ten-foot pole. Unless it was Charlize Theron. Then, I'd hit it.

Old 08-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:83

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 3679 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14331

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherIdiot View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but my father and I were talking about this today after I told him about my plans to teach my daughter of gun control.
My dad first took me shooting when I was 6 years old.

I had a ball and still remember how it felt to this day.

If I may put forth a thought...

My first experience with a firearm was with a depression era BOLT ACTION .22 rifle that my grandparents had bought for my father from Sears when he was about 11 years old.

It had a 5 round magazine, but for my first time shooting I was only allowed one hand fed live round at a time. And my Dad was 'right there' the entire time I held the weapon.

I have found that semi-auto weapons are a bad idea for first time shooters....Adult or
Child.

I have had bad experiences with first time shooters when using approaches other than 1 hand fed live round at a time.

It's easy to assume that "OK, they can take it from here."

That time will come, of course. But it can be a 'slippery slope'.

A couple conclusions at which I have arrived, and which you may wish to consider, are....

1.) A revolver is a superior training aid to a semi-auto pistol for first time shooters.

2.) A bolt action rifle is a superior training aid to a semi-auto rifle for first time shooters.

3.) Sometimes, a BB gun or pellet gun may be a wise first step in safe gun handling.

4.) A .22 is generally ideal thereafter (for a time), as a rule.