Poster Rank:80

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 7922 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15967
Getting a Tan is Racist

Blackfishing, a*concept coined by*Black culture writer Wanna Thompson, is a subset of cultural appropriation, and just one of the many forms that can take. It is essentially “catfishing” people to believe that you are Black when you aren’t — either online or off — in order to profit, whether socially or financially. This, alongside the other forms of cultural appropriation, allows a more privileged person to essentially capitalize off of historically oppressed groups.

Blackfishing*can include “white women who have, through their Instagram accounts, pretended and modeled Black aesthetics” by darkening their skin, exaggerating their lips, wearing hairstyles created by Black people, adopting certain dress styles or presenting as racially ambiguous. -Yahoo News

This stuff has gotten out of control. Nobody knows history. White people have been into tanning for a hundred years. And trust me, they weren't doing it to look black. Same thing with lips.

And there are very few "black hairstyles. People are confuse trends with creating. The truth is, nearly all "black hairstyles" are just hairstyles white people have used in the past that are worn by some black celebrity, and it becomes the latest trend. Again. But this time a race claims ownership. Same thing with dress styles. People are just taking old styles and making them popular again.

Someone needs to explain this to black folks. Just because straightening your hair is new to you, doesn't mean it's Black culture, it's not cultural appropriation, it's not "black fishing".

Everyone steals creativity.

It's a theme in America now. Why do black folks want to be treated as constant victims?

An NBA player said recently that the NBA logo, which is believed to be a silhouette of a white player, although the NBA has never said the logo represents any player in particular. Should be changed to Kobe Bryant. And said "Black Kings built this league".

Just imagine for a second a white person even saying "white kings" built anything at all. Immediate cancel.

But demanding a black person who was a big part of an organization in its beginning, be replaced by a white person. And the reason behind it is race.

Fucking mind blowing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
BooBooKittyChris, Budd Dwyer, HSO, joetro, lostindisorder, Vulnavia
Old 02-27-2021, 04:03 AM
Izumi
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:193
i post cats

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3500 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 6/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss6275
Re: Getting a Tan is Racist

Wat

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izumi For This Useful Post:
Desert Rat, Moloko
Old 02-27-2021, 11:06 AM
Major_Tom
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:786
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 6/20
Today Posts
10/11 ssssss831

Dictating what somebody looks like according to skin colour? Textbook racism. By the same stupid logic, nobody except white folk should be allowed to wear collared shirts and jackets and trousers with belts.

I just refute these ideas, just say "sorry, I dont see it that way" and walk away. It's a great time to be an outcast kids

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Major_Tom For This Useful Post:
Budd Dwyer, Desert Rat, HSO, JakeHarper, niknik
Old 02-27-2021, 02:35 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 7922 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Tom View Post
Dictating what somebody looks like according to skin colour? Textbook racism. By the same stupid logic, nobody except white folk should be allowed to wear collared shirts and jackets and trousers with belts.

I just refute these ideas, just say "sorry, I dont see it that way" and walk away. It's a great time to be an outcast kids
Exactly.

There's a video of some white guy in college being verbally attacked because he had dreadlocks by a black girl.

Basically telling him he can't wear that hairstyle because it belongs to black people. He like an idiot told her its an Egyptian thing, and she replies "Where is Egypt?"

Technically it's part of Africa, but people from Egypt don't call themselves African.

But the truth is dreadlocks originated in Ancient Greece. Spartans were known to wear the hairstyle as well as Ancient Christians and Jews in Israel.

My point is, this cultural appropriation thing is getting bigger everyday. And the truth is many of the things just accepted as "black culture" are things black culture appropriated from other cultures.

It's so egotistical.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
BooBooKittyChris, Ian666, JakeHarper, joetro, Major_Tom, Moloko, Vulnavia
Old 02-28-2021, 11:09 AM
Dr Thrumpkinz
Offline:
⋆Bunnylord⋆
Poster Rank:119
Chin Slayer
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4643 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 7/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss11634

The Sun is also racist, and vitamin D is cultural misappropriation!

REPLACE All RACISM WITH BLACKHOLES AT ONCE!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr Thrumpkinz For This Useful Post:
Budd Dwyer, Desert Rat, HSO, Ian666, Moloko, NOUSERNAME
Old 02-28-2021, 03:22 PM
DarthArchon
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3535
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss78

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Exactly.

There's a video of some white guy in college being verbally attacked because he had dreadlocks by a black girl.

Basically telling him he can't wear that hairstyle because it belongs to black people. He like an idiot told her its an Egyptian thing, and she replies "Where is Egypt?"

Technically it's part of Africa, but people from Egypt don't call themselves African.

But the truth is dreadlocks originated in Ancient Greece. Spartans were known to wear the hairstyle as well as Ancient Christians and Jews in Israel.

My point is, this cultural appropriation thing is getting bigger everyday. And the truth is many of the things just accepted as "black culture" are things black culture appropriated from other cultures.

It's so egotistical.
Dreadlocks were invented by the first primate with long curly hair that was dirty, probably millions of years ago and i use primate because it probably wasn't an homo sapien.

I don't hate blacks, but i'm starting to hate that retarded black ideology more and more and that feel like tribal warlike thought. The more the pull on that bullshit string, the more people will be against them, they gotta understand that

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarthArchon For This Useful Post:
BooBooKittyChris, Ian666, JakeHarper, Major_Tom, Moloko
Old 03-02-2021, 12:45 AM
Dr Thrumpkinz
Offline:
⋆Bunnylord⋆
Poster Rank:119
Chin Slayer
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4643 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 7/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss11634

This was a real Coke ad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOREGRISH%20GREY%20copy%206.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	964803

And this really happened.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOREGRISH%20GREY%20copy%207.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	964804

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dr Thrumpkinz For This Useful Post:
BooBooKittyChris, Budd Dwyer, Desert Rat, Hobbes12, HSO, JakeHarper, joetro, Major_Tom, NOUSERNAME
Old 03-07-2021, 03:58 AM
Desert Rat
Offline:
pbuh
Poster Rank:1518
C21-H30-O2
Contributions: 7

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss295

Chimpanzees are now appropriating the human adornment of earrings. Although humans are the dominant primate on our planet, we are still minorities in chimpanzee home ranges. This is blatant disrespect to those underrepresented in chimpanzee society. Some one make a petition!

Documenting Reality
chimp_earring.jpg  

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Desert Rat For This Useful Post:
Budd Dwyer, Dr Thrumpkinz, HSO, Ian666, Major_Tom
Old 03-21-2021, 08:29 AM
Hobbes12
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:3326
Male

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss86

NBA logo = Jerry West

The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbes12 For This Useful Post:
niknik
Old 04-05-2021, 03:39 AM
BooBooKittyChris
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5459

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 0/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss37

So if a person of African American lineage dyes their hair blonde then straightens it; is that "whitefishing"?

How about people mind their own damn business and live and let live?

The Following User Says Thank You to BooBooKittyChris For This Useful Post:
Desert Rat