Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss317
Re: Chauvin Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree. Unsure if American, because that's what my comment aims at. I'm am admittedly fairly ignorant of the judiciaries in civil law nations. In the U.S., only seven states and the feds have magistrates unaccountable to the electorate. So, life tenure does not help your argument in the least.

Now, sure, personal biases encroach into anyone's legal philosophy. That's why we have trial-by-jury, grand juries, bar associations, civil rights, separation of powers, and a number of federal, state, and local protections built into the judiciary via legislation. Simply stating that anyone's personal biases infers a crippled institution is quite dishonest.

U.S. magistrates create law through precedents. A lower court cannot simply overturn good law imposed by legislation or a higher court. And no court can supersede legislation without referencing constitutional law.

I didn't make this too complicated, hopefully you understand.
I’m actually quite surprise you disagreed with my post, it may be due to what you yourself claimed was ignorance about civil law jurisdictions. I was clearly talking about common law (ie case & statutory law as interpreted by judges).

The judges on the U.S. Supreme Court are all appointed for life. They rarely even consider decisions much less overturn them.. and that’s a lot of case law being overlooked and becoming bad law.

As for judges who happen to be elected for fixed terms, that’s an even worse than being appointed for life. Elected judges will cater most to their (either dem or rep) crowd.

Old 10-10-2021, 06:02 AM
spycosis
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:726
XY

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss959

Quote:
Originally Posted by soja View Post
no need to use slurs like that, guy.

anyway, where did you learn biology? there is more genetic difference between people of different races than there is between dogs, wolves, and coyotes, but they are considered separate species and humans are not. why do you think that is, professor? i am curious.
You make an excellent point about genetic differences within Homo Sapiens, and the lack of differences within the Canis genus that includes dogs, coyotes, wolves and jackals.
The fact that the aforementioned canines have only been assigned as separate species for the purpose of taxonomical organization may well be lost on you, as every biologist knows that dogs, wolves and coyotes are effectively a single species, and they can interbreed with each other since they are phylogenetically related.
I learned Biology at Stockport Grammar School which was established in 1487 and sits comfortably in the top 1% of British schools. Where did you learn biology ?

Old 10-12-2021, 03:43 PM
Vixənn
Offline:
.:⸸:. ᓚᘏᗢ .:⸸:.
Poster Rank:92
ᗹΞᗹΞŁƧ

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 10710 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 1/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss14321

Quote:
Originally Posted by spycosis View Post
You make an excellent point about genetic differences within Homo Sapiens, and the lack of differences within the Canis genus that includes dogs, coyotes, wolves and jackals.
The fact that the aforementioned canines have only been assigned as separate species for the purpose of taxonomical organization may well be lost on you, as every biologist knows that dogs, wolves and coyotes are effectively a single species, and they can interbreed with each other since they are phylogenetically related.
I learned Biology at Stockport Grammar School which was established in 1487 and sits comfortably in the top 1% of British schools. Where did you learn biology ?

I am utterly fascinated by everything you just said.

Old 11-12-2021, 06:01 PM
Cads
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1775
I have a dick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 12/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss244

Chauvin is DEFINITELY going to get ass fucked by a big black bull in prison and I find that absolutely hilarious

The Following User Says Thank You to Cads For This Useful Post:
Simone
Old 11-12-2021, 06:36 PM
intre
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2110

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cads View Post
Chauvin is DEFINITELY going to get ass fucked by a big black bull in prison and I find that absolutely hilarious
I will never understand you americans obsession for that blacked shit. Disgusting.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:13 PM
catpoop
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:571
Female brain trapped in female body. . FUCK YOU CHRIS

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1380

No matter how hard I try...I just dont feel bad a thug was killed by a cop.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and still love the idea of cops getting the robbers.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:23 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 8211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16665

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpoop View Post
No matter how hard I try...I just dont feel bad a thug was killed by a cop.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and still love the idea of cops getting the robbers.
If the left and their media along with the mobs of losers destroying lives for freedom of speech. If they haven't been running a years long campaign to twist reality and facts, make everyone see through their delusional lenses. Hardly anyone would feel bad.

Nobody should feel bad. And the fact is, we don't know why George Floyd died for sure.

Old 11-16-2021, 05:28 PM
monkeyblitzkrieg
Offline:
I’m OUT
Poster Rank:226

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 3157 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 16/20
Today Posts
11/11 sssss5467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moloko View Post
I suspect the verdict, if found guilty, will be purely for show to appease the mob. Chauvin will be given a new name and put into some sort of witness protection program.

Looking at the autopsy reports, it seems Floyd died from a Fentanyl overdose and not from being asphyxiated. That would denote that Chauvin was not responsible for Floyd's death.
The law is arbitrary. Justice will not be done.