#131  
Old 06-27-2021, 05:19 PM
Johnny Alias's Avatar
Johnny Alias
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1496
Join Date: Dec 2013
 
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss317
Re: Chauvin Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree. Unsure if American, because that's what my comment aims at. I'm am admittedly fairly ignorant of the judiciaries in civil law nations. In the U.S., only seven states and the feds have magistrates unaccountable to the electorate. So, life tenure does not help your argument in the least.

Now, sure, personal biases encroach into anyone's legal philosophy. That's why we have trial-by-jury, grand juries, bar associations, civil rights, separation of powers, and a number of federal, state, and local protections built into the judiciary via legislation. Simply stating that anyone's personal biases infers a crippled institution is quite dishonest.

U.S. magistrates create law through precedents. A lower court cannot simply overturn good law imposed by legislation or a higher court. And no court can supersede legislation without referencing constitutional law.

I didn't make this too complicated, hopefully you understand.
I’m actually quite surprise you disagreed with my post, it may be due to what you yourself claimed was ignorance about civil law jurisdictions. I was clearly talking about common law (ie case & statutory law as interpreted by judges).

The judges on the U.S. Supreme Court are all appointed for life. They rarely even consider decisions much less overturn them.. and that’s a lot of case law being overlooked and becoming bad law.

As for judges who happen to be elected for fixed terms, that’s an even worse than being appointed for life. Elected judges will cater most to their (either dem or rep) crowd.

Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 10-10-2021, 06:02 AM
spycosis's Avatar
spycosis
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:726
XY
Join Date: May 2010
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss959
Re: Chauvin Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by soja View Post
no need to use slurs like that, guy.

anyway, where did you learn biology? there is more genetic difference between people of different races than there is between dogs, wolves, and coyotes, but they are considered separate species and humans are not. why do you think that is, professor? i am curious.
You make an excellent point about genetic differences within Homo Sapiens, and the lack of differences within the Canis genus that includes dogs, coyotes, wolves and jackals.
The fact that the aforementioned canines have only been assigned as separate species for the purpose of taxonomical organization may well be lost on you, as every biologist knows that dogs, wolves and coyotes are effectively a single species, and they can interbreed with each other since they are phylogenetically related.
I learned Biology at Stockport Grammar School which was established in 1487 and sits comfortably in the top 1% of British schools. Where did you learn biology ?

Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 10-12-2021, 03:43 PM
Vixənn's Avatar
Vixənn
Offline:
.:⸸:. ᓚᘏᗢ .:⸸:.
Poster Rank:92
ᗹΞᗹΞŁƧ
Join Date: Apr 2021
 
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 10710 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 1/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss14321
Re: Chauvin Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by spycosis View Post
You make an excellent point about genetic differences within Homo Sapiens, and the lack of differences within the Canis genus that includes dogs, coyotes, wolves and jackals.
The fact that the aforementioned canines have only been assigned as separate species for the purpose of taxonomical organization may well be lost on you, as every biologist knows that dogs, wolves and coyotes are effectively a single species, and they can interbreed with each other since they are phylogenetically related.
I learned Biology at Stockport Grammar School which was established in 1487 and sits comfortably in the top 1% of British schools. Where did you learn biology ?

I am utterly fascinated by everything you just said.

__________________
ᓚᘏᗢ
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 11-12-2021, 06:01 PM
Cads's Avatar
Cads
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1775
I have a dick
Join Date: May 2013
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 12/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss244
Re: Chauvin Trial

Chauvin is DEFINITELY going to get ass fucked by a big black bull in prison and I find that absolutely hilarious

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cads For This Useful Post:
Simone
  #135  
Old 11-12-2021, 06:36 PM
intre
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2110
Join Date: Apr 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss188
Re: Chauvin Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cads View Post
Chauvin is DEFINITELY going to get ass fucked by a big black bull in prison and I find that absolutely hilarious
I will never understand you americans obsession for that blacked shit. Disgusting.

Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 11-13-2021, 06:13 PM
catpoop's Avatar
catpoop
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:571
Female brain trapped in female body. . FUCK YOU CHRIS
Join Date: Dec 2009
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1380
Re: Chauvin Trial

No matter how hard I try...I just dont feel bad a thug was killed by a cop.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and still love the idea of cops getting the robbers.

Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 11-15-2021, 11:23 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 8211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16665
Re: Chauvin Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpoop View Post
No matter how hard I try...I just dont feel bad a thug was killed by a cop.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and still love the idea of cops getting the robbers.
If the left and their media along with the mobs of losers destroying lives for freedom of speech. If they haven't been running a years long campaign to twist reality and facts, make everyone see through their delusional lenses. Hardly anyone would feel bad.

Nobody should feel bad. And the fact is, we don't know why George Floyd died for sure.

Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 11-16-2021, 05:28 PM
monkeyblitzkrieg's Avatar
monkeyblitzkrieg
Offline:
I’m OUT
Poster Rank:226
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 3157 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 16/20
Today Posts
11/11 sssss5467
Re: Chauvin Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moloko View Post
I suspect the verdict, if found guilty, will be purely for show to appease the mob. Chauvin will be given a new name and put into some sort of witness protection program.

Looking at the autopsy reports, it seems Floyd died from a Fentanyl overdose and not from being asphyxiated. That would denote that Chauvin was not responsible for Floyd's death.
The law is arbitrary. Justice will not be done.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO