Poster Rank:883

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss683
Re: World Trade Center Tower Jumpers

Why is this sad and you laugh to deaths of others. I find this very amusing and funny. As someone said too bad it's so hard to find a decent video of those people actually hitting the floor. Aftermath must be awesome.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:23 PM
loveless
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:398
male

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2305

that day will always be remembered as one of americas' greatest tragedies!!!! i've heard people say, " suicide will lead you to damnation.... But, in this case... if feel these poor people had no other choice, but to make peace with "GOD"!!!! i'm more than sure these people will get to see "Heaven".... my thier souls find peace.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:42 PM
vexacon
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:473
Horny Male

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1771

SPLAT!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:42 PM
mantara32
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1831
Male

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 16/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss218

Okay, what I'm about to write may be shocking and offensive to some, but I think it best describes the violent and devastating nature of falling from such a great height and impacting on a solid, man-made surface.

I read somewhere that the effect of hitting the ground at such a speed and height is similar to the effect of dropping a watermelon from about 10 stories high. As the human body is around 60 percent water, (mostly held in the internal organs) the impact from that height would usually be accompanied by a violent spray of bodily fluid in all directions, (the larger the person, the larger the spray). Just take the last photo as an example. The concrete pavement is so wet with fluid that you can actually see a reflection of the tower in it! This would account for some of the witnesses who said they saw blood spraying up the sides of the base of the towers as much as two stories on some occasions! One witness described the effect as a lot like a water balloon hitting the pavement, but filled with tomato soup instead of water.

What they were witnessing was the effect of a hard, concrete pavement deflecting and spreading most of the impact out sideways, (whereas a natural earthen surface would absorb a lot of the impact). The impact of a fall from a building as tall as the World Trade Center is normally so devastating that the body literally has no time to bounce as a whole. All you will see are mostly small pieces flying in all directions. Some witnesses who weren't close enough to see the bodies hitting the ground described seeing pieces of flesh and clothing hurtling up to 20 feet into the air and over a hundred feet sideways after hearing the loud 'bang' of the impact. One witness said the aftermath looked a lot like a big ketchup stain with a pile of clothing in the middle.

As for the skeleton? Well, needless to say it literally explodes on impact. Nothing much is left of it except hundreds of shattered pieces (just look at how much the towers themselves were shattered when they fell from that same height! All that pulverized concrete!). The body is literally turned into a lump of jello. Some witnesses described seeing piles of scattered meat and what looked like flattened strings of sausage strewn across the concrete and bitumen... what was also described as looking very much like a scene from the back room of their local butcher!

And the impacts that sounded like grenades going off... a combination of various things, such as the sound made as the body flattens instantaneously on impact (much the same way as a 'bellyflop' or 'bellywhack' on the surface of water as two flat surfaces collide), the loud bang of the skeleton exploding and instantly pulverizing, the loud 'pop' as all the air in the human body bursts like a balloon, the sound of a concrete slab absorbing, deflecting and on occasion, cracking under the enormous pressure of a full impact.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these people jumped because they believed that they might survive the fall and get to see their family and friends again. Perhaps they believed that luck or fate might intervene, or that someone below might be there to catch them. Who knows what went through their minds just before they fell, or what they experienced in those final ten seconds of life. It would have been extremely difficult for them to see the carnage going on around them at ground level when making that decision to jump. Some would have had no choice but to jump rather than stay behind and slowly and horribly burn to death instead. Others probably held on for dear life, but the heat of the fire became too hot and they could no longer stand the pain of burning alive on the structure of the tower. Some slipped, some let go, some jumped, some fell, others closed their eyes and leaped into the unkown... knowing that 'down' there' was a much safer place to be than 'back up there' amongst the flames, the horror, the fumes, the smoke and body parts.

In that final ten seconds of falling, through all that fear and terror inside... there simply must have been but a few moments of absolute peace and serenity.

May they rest in peace (not just pieces!) :P

R.I.P. 2001

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mantara32 For This Useful Post:
Karma, nastygirl6969, VipAU
Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 AM
assamas
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:13876

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5090218/...eo_real_horror

here the vid were there are hitting the ground

Old 01-25-2010, 12:14 PM
terryyoung
Offline:
Poster Rank:6958
male

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss23

God bless all the inocent victims who died that day.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:30 PM
shirls1
Offline:
Poster Rank:13913
female

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5

thats so sad, maybe the jumpers wanted to be reconised and there family would have closure and a body to bury....god bless them all.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Boss.
Offline:
III
Poster Rank:256

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4211

Yeah the price of War...

Old 02-10-2010, 12:28 AM
bergice
Offline:
Poster Rank:13904

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5

There is footage of people landing, you can see the main area and a bunch of people lying there, and some more people landing... Its bad quality tough, and i dont have link as im a lurker

Old 02-11-2010, 11:40 AM
mikewaltz
Offline:
Poster Rank:9231
male

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss13