Go Back  

Syrian student commits suicide by hanging herself in her dorm 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #111  
Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 AM
junohazzard
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:7636
Join Date: Apr 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss15
Re: Syrian student commits suicide by hanging herself in her dorm

Loved the nifty intro credit

Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
nakedandfamous
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:25708
Female
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Re: Syrian student commits suicide by hanging herself in her dorm

The most interesting thing about this type of suicide is that their feet are still able to reach the ground. They can feel the floor beneath them and they know that they can change their mind but they don't.

Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-28-2012, 02:38 PM
paperpilot
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1710
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss196
Re: Syrian student commits suicide by hanging herself in her dorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedandfamous View Post
They can feel the floor beneath them and they know that they can change their mind but they don't.
After 15 or 20 seconds, they are incapable of changing their minds. Applied pressure to the rubrospinal tract quickly causes loss of control of the arms and legs in seconds.

Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-28-2012, 02:41 PM
bazoozoo_52
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:857
Join Date: Feb 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss562
Re: Syrian student commits suicide by hanging herself in her dorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedandfamous View Post
The most interesting thing about this type of suicide is that their feet are still able to reach the ground. They can feel the floor beneath them and they know that they can change their mind but they don't.
Once they are out (about :47 sec in the video on page one) there is no turning back. Gravity and the noose does the rest.

Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-29-2012, 02:22 AM
JoeS1981's Avatar
JoeS1981
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1043
Male
Join Date: Dec 2011
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss412
Re: Hanging Suicide On Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFRENS View Post
THRA THRA THRA THRILLER!!!
awesome

Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-01-2012, 09:10 PM
ninjasalad's Avatar
ninjasalad
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2305
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss124
Re: Syrian student commits suicide by hanging herself in her dorm

AMAZING :D Unbelievable to be able to see these moments.

Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:28 AM
St. Geno's Avatar
St. Geno
Offline:
I don't fuck with anyone
Poster Rank:72
Join Date: Feb 2010
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2231 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13794
Re: Syrian student commits suicide by hanging herself in her dorm

nice post

__________________
I AM trash-talker Skywalker and I gotta a mic saber for a hater.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-03-2012, 02:08 AM
borlum
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3541
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss60
Re: Syrian student commits suicide by hanging herself in her dorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpilot View Post
After 15 or 20 seconds, they are incapable of changing their minds. Applied pressure to the rubrospinal tract quickly causes loss of control of the arms and legs in seconds.
Am I right you supposed that hanging will cause paralysis but not loss of consciousness? And suffering as the result?

Then they would hang limply, I believe, same as in the case when the neck snaps from long drop. Or decapitation - witnesses say there's no twitching in the body, it just relaxes.

However, here we see a lot of movement, and I'd attribute it to terminal activity of the brain, not spinal cord. It's believed that closing all neck vessels causes rapid loss if consciousness, and the ones cut down remember just a tug of the rope then nothing...

So I believe it's the opposite - brain still delivers kicks to the muscles, but the mind is doing OOBE and waiting for the dying brain to cut the string that the keeps the soul... Then bright light at the end of the tunnel... :)

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to borlum For This Useful Post:
mantara32
  #119  
Old 07-03-2012, 09:15 AM
mantara32's Avatar
mantara32
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1695
Male
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss197
Re: Syrian student commits suicide by hanging herself in her dorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacyodac View Post
fake. a hanging kills you by breaking your neck. you cant be standing on your feet
So you think she should have been standing on her head? LOL...

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mantara32 For This Useful Post:
AlyVanity
  #120  
Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 AM
mantara32's Avatar
mantara32
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1695
Male
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss197
Re: Syrian student commits suicide by hanging herself in her dorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by borlum View Post
Am I right you supposed that hanging will cause paralysis but not loss of consciousness? And suffering as the result?

Then they would hang limply, I believe, same as in the case when the neck snaps from long drop. Or decapitation - witnesses say there's no twitching in the body, it just relaxes.

However, here we see a lot of movement, and I'd attribute it to terminal activity of the brain, not spinal cord. It's believed that closing all neck vessels causes rapid loss if consciousness, and the ones cut down remember just a tug of the rope then nothing...

So I believe it's the opposite - brain still delivers kicks to the muscles, but the mind is doing OOBE and waiting for the dying brain to cut the string that the keeps the soul... Then bright light at the end of the tunnel... :)
Interesting you say that. I've personally believed that any struggle or forced movement of the arms or legs during a hanging is an attempt by the person to undo what they have done... as if they changed their mind in their dying moments and try to reach for the noose to loosen it or remove it. With some hanging videos, you often see the person raise their arms towards their heads as if they are reaching for the rope to remove it or untie themselves.

I don't know, it's just a theory. But I often wonder if there is a final attempt to release oneself from a situation that you know is going to kill you if you don't take action. Like a sudden realization that death is imminent followed by a final, panicked moment to reverse the situation.

No one will ever know really.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO