Quoted: 2729 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss69046
Re: Cop Cut in Half and Still Alive After Being Hit by a Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platty View Post
Recently saw this photo on FB. Don't know if it's the same guy or not as the first post here says he died but it made me think of this thread.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
not him.
http://www.documentingreality.com/fo...tml#post317327

Old 06-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:54
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 11085 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss19147

Just gotta point something out: there is a difference between being "shocked" (which is a state of emotional reaction) and being "in shock" (which is a physiological state). The latter (in shock) is a medical term referring to the body's (not the person's) reaction to blood loss. Shock can cause confusion or unawareness of one's own condition, but it is not a primary/contingent symptom. In most cases, a patient in shock will be unconscious, disoriented, or otherwise not of sound mind.

The cop in the vid seems to be pretty aware of what's going on, and there's relatively little blood loss based on what's seen on the pavement. My guess is that he died of internal hemorrhaging, but septic shock is still a possibility given what appears to be massive trauma to the intestines.

More on shock here: http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/shock

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
kellyhound
Old 06-13-2013, 03:25 AM
chumster
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:11011

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8

Someone should have covered up his legs and put a shirt over him and held his hand. People show more compassion for a dog or cat on the road.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Dr3m3r
Offline:
Poster Rank:23288

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1

Holy shit

Old 06-13-2013, 05:10 PM
usdcad
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1842

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platty View Post
Recently saw this photo on FB. Don't know if it's the same guy or not as the first post here says he died but it made me think of this thread.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
If the first post says he is dead then he is dead. We all know how accurate the posts are on Documenting Reality, no bullshit at all.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:36 AM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:986
Female
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss498

This is... astounding... baffling... so many emotions into one. Videos like this are why when people comment on vids "no, they had to be dead right away", the human body is a crazy, ridiculously complex machine that no one in history has ever been able to map it all yet. Sure, we can put in every organ but the brain. But Jebus Cripes - we were performing lobotomies just half a century ago by sticking ice picks in peoples eyes and scarring their brains - and people survived this.

My first thought when I saw this vid (though I know it's from 2009) is of the little Chinese girl that was run over, left in an alley and ran over again but managed to survive enough to get to a hospital before finally succumbing to injuries something like a week later. People all keep saying she was unconscious - I think the media does that for the family's benefit (and I don't disagree). But it's clear she was moving around for the majority of it all, her hands are moving and in the second car to run over her, she has a pain reaction.

This video makes me completely think on that poor baby. This man was bad enough for sure. But his awareness and the bizarre way he was "cleanly" rolled with his major organs intact let him survive for that long. I can see though about 4:32 into it, the moment he starts "internal" hemorrhaging. A slow creep of blood starts to flow just under the skin line, on top of his intestines, and then starts to just drain and leak out of the body.

And I agree with others earlier in the thread - yeah, we all here look at death vids. But outside of a handful of nuts - I don't think many of us would just get sit around shooting videos and not attempting comfort or help.

In fact, it might be the opposite. We probably wouldn't be grossed out or afraid but since these vids often come with backstories, we'd be more acutely aware that this guy had a family, a mother, father - maybe children and we'd probably be less panicky.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:11 PM
NoClass77
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1014
Feme Fatal

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss479

He keeps looking down at his injuries...i couldn't handle that & imagine looking beside you to see your no longer attached legs laying next to you. It pisses me off people just act all nonchalant just starring not doing ANYTHING! like he's an animal.

Makes me glad to live in an area where help arrives asap. Who knows how long he was there or if he ever left alive.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:45 AM
flygirl66
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2590
Female

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss112

I can't Belive NO-ONE Helped the Poor guy..My God. Someone could have scooped his ass up and rushed him to a Hospital..But then again woudl u really want to live after such a awful injury? I wouldn't.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:47 PM
ClovisCatLady
Offline:
Poster Rank:16967

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Even after all this time this video still affects me. How no one could put down their damned phone, hold his hand and offer him some human comfort is beyond me. Yes, I'm fascinated by the video, but damn.

I think RealityUnfolding is right. I know I wouldn't be put off by the gore in an emergency situation, probably in part due to what we see here.

Rest in Peace, officer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClovisCatLady For This Useful Post:
goober, Johnny Wadd, RealityUnfolding
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By ClovisCatLady:
Riddla
Old 08-17-2013, 10:09 PM
SJMike
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:168
I'm at least 2 people

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6203

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanlBoone View Post
hmmm kinda suspiscious...not one agonizing scream--he had to be in pain. IDK
its called shock. when your body gets that mortally wounded your brain basically goes into sleep mode. youll notice in a lot of horrific accident videos people looking half awake or sleeping. i pray to god he wasnt with it fully