Go Back  

The Thought of Spending Xmas and My Birthday Alone Was Too Much.. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 01-08-2017, 10:48 PM
redeyedkiwi
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3304

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss75
The Thought of Spending Xmas and My Birthday Alone Was Too Much..

I lost my dad and only 2 brothers to suicide. After 8 months of not drinking, I was silly enough to have one which bought all my sadness back to a fresh state of mind. I've never been one to self harm but cut a 2cm slice into my hand then took myself to the hospital to have it stitched and to hopefully spend a day or 2 in the mental health unit so as not to spend the xmas period alone. They put in 2 stitches but I then lashed out and was taken to the police station to await the mental health crises team to assess me. Apparently, I tore out the stitches with my teeth and then grated the wound up and down a sharp door edge resulting in this mess. A poor decision but I was incoherent as I'd taken a lot of diazepam also. I ended up in theatre for 2 hours and subsequently spent my birthday and Xmas in hospital but at least, not alone, and alive. I'm ok now, and regret losing my way and breaking my sober run but it just goes to show that we are always vulnerable even when we think we have it all under control.

Test
Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 20161221_072416.mp4(1.23 MB, 2639 views)
The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to redeyedkiwi For This Useful Post:
11B2P, 5Ashley*Dob26, abearwithcubs, Airbornemama, AngelAssassin, AudieMurphy, Azimuth, beepboop, Belzebub, BLACKOUTx4500x, Brandjuh, Cancun78, coverdale0, Darkest Angel, Dmocecil, dontgotomarz, eeaaaaa, Etsu, fnnypck, gatagato, HelloNurse!, Highnlow, HolographicSexOffender, ic013, iflewaway, jessickanz, kellyhound, Keydog, khiarhu, laurenhayden1, lecsee, Leezah, Lion-hearted Girl, locustface, loosy, madsherit, mindgames17, nanigodsmum, neilwatt, PallMall12, Paupercool1, Pyramid_Head, raygun56, Sarge99, Sharon, slyksleevemuckyey, spoochjuice, Sterlig, succubus76, Switchup, teacherof2, wujuan
Old 01-08-2017, 11:57 PM
wujuan
Offline:
i am that which is
Poster Rank:318
girlie girl

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2790
Re: The Thought of Spending Xmas and My Birthday Alone Was Too Much..

{{hugs}}

AngelAssassin, AudieMurphy, Azimuth, beepboop, BLACKOUTx4500x, dontgotomarz, Highnlow, Nutbutter, redeyedkiwi, sightlessgaze, spoochjuice
Old 01-09-2017, 12:35 AM
flyflicker123
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:733
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss803

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flyflicker123 For This Useful Post:
Highnlow, Lumine Chaos
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By flyflicker123:
sightlessgaze
Old 01-09-2017, 01:07 AM
vagabond
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:135
female

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8155

Hang in there- a slip is not the beginning of the end.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to vagabond For This Useful Post:
AngelAssassin, AudieMurphy, Azimuth, burrrrr1991, Cancun78, dontgotomarz, Etsu, FunkPumpkin, gatagato, Highnlow, lozzy_ash, madsherit, Nutbutter, puppylove08, redeyedkiwi, slyksleevemuckyey, TommyJarvisx3, Usotsuki
Old 01-09-2017, 02:27 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:7
Contributions: 549

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Quoted: 2866 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 20/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss69897

damn dude , hope you can fight your demons and alcohol in the future and find a way to look at the bright side of life again

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
Airbornemama, AngelAssassin, Azimuth, beepboop, burrrrr1991, dontgotomarz, FunkPumpkin, gatagato, Highnlow, Juggleswithrazors, Nutbutter, redeyedkiwi, robbierob, Sharon, tbone79, vagabond
Old 01-09-2017, 02:35 AM
kushman
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5761
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss29

be strong brotha

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kushman For This Useful Post:
AngelAssassin, burrrrr1991, Highnlow, redeyedkiwi, robbierob, Veronica1990
Old 01-09-2017, 02:59 AM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:279
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3312

Please, hang in there. I have a chronic pain condition that is under-medicated. My doctor doesn't understand that serious pain causes anxiety, sometimes to the level of a full-blown panic attack. An anxiety/panic attack are the most-frightening things I've ever known.

Here is how I fight those episodes:

1) Go outside. Getting outside of a "box" helps; otherwise, sit in front of a fan... trust me;

2) Go to your "happy place"; climbing Diamond Head with my kids is mine... it took forever, but I did it because I suspect it will be the last time

3) Don't forget the fan; it provides white-noise -and- tactical sensation that will help you breathe.

Pain really sucks and, for me, it will never go away. But learning to cope with the anxiety that accompanies the inevitable pain has helped me move forward. Good luck.

Airbornemama, AngelAssassin, Arkoquisa, Azimuth, beepboop, Brainplague, Cancun78, CreepyJanet, Darkest Angel, Entropy, FearsMuse, gatagato, Highnlow, HolographicSexOffender, Largactil, loosy, madsherit, mindgames17, neilwatt, Nutbutter, redeyedkiwi, robbierob, Sharon, slyksleevemuckyey, tbone79, teacherof2, therezamackenzie, TheUrinator, vagabond, WindsofWoe22
Old 01-09-2017, 03:30 AM
Lythal
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:935

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss543

Sending virtual hugs your way! Hope this year is better for you, and remember there are people on here that acknowledge and appreciate you :)
Especially for having the balls to share this, thats an awesome view of the inside of your hand

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Lythal For This Useful Post:
Airbornemama, AngelAssassin, Cancun78, dontgotomarz, FunkPumpkin, Highnlow, HolographicSexOffender, loosy, madsherit, mindgames17, neilwatt, redeyedkiwi, robbierob
Old 01-09-2017, 04:01 AM
NoelPuppet
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:724
Male

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss819

Hang in there buddy. I guess you know what happens if you drink again. Your sharing this is a good sign.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NoelPuppet For This Useful Post:
AngelAssassin, Cancun78, gatagato, Highnlow, kellyhound, redeyedkiwi, spoochjuice, vagabond
Old 01-09-2017, 07:16 AM
Sharon
Offline:
Bullshit Artist
Poster Rank:12
Horror Whore
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss53851

redeyedkiwi I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and the subsequent pain you're experiencing. Coping with death and being alone is very very difficult. Especially when you've lost your loved ones in such a traumatic way.

I understand the decision you made, under the influence of diazepam or not, as have been there myself. I still am taken to that dark place and as a result, receive help. I do still have lapses in thinking and harm myself or become trapped in a depressive episode.

Have you spoken to your doctor about how you're feeling? You may be referred to the local mental health team for an assessment then go from there. Believe me, it's worth it.

Wish you all the very best and hope you find a way to help cope x

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Airbornemama, albie54, AngelAssassin, Azimuth, beepboop, Brandjuh, Cancun78, Darkest Angel, gatagato, kellyhound, madsherit, mindgames17, redeyedkiwi, teacherof2