Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss329
Re: Child Killed by Pitbull

I don't believe it's the dog at fault, it's the owners! And whoever was supposed to be watching the wee boy.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Malekith
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:270
Male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3107

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmpirebitch View Post
dog owners suck....

Old 07-04-2009, 11:37 PM
xXx
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:803
Hermaphrodite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss632

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBlackWolf View Post
Thanks, Malekith. I feel real strongly about stuff like this.
Dmander, I agree that some stupid shitheads do use their pit bulls as weapons. Even pit bulls in the fighting rings however, were not bred to be aggressive towards humans. That is all human induced behavior. The pit bull always aim to please their master, even if it means taking another dog's life. That is the only time they ever get any sort of affection from their owner, when they kill another dog. Dogs thrive on human affection, and if they know they're going to get attention by doing a certain behavior, they're going to do it.
I recently worked at a pit bull rescue center, and the former fighting pits were sweet as hell to people, wagging their tails, playing, absolutely normal. However, when another dog came into view, all hell would break loose. They'd lunge at them, biting the cage trying to get in, then wag their tails furiously when the dog was taken out of sight, as if thinking we were going to reward them. It was sad really, some of them had to be put down because of aggression towards other dogs. If they'd only have been raised in the right environment, they'd of made excellent guard dogs.
They have a very strong instinct to protect, which is why they make great children's dogs. You won't see a perverted child molester approaching a kid that has a pit bull by his side!
Dogs are related to wolves. When a dog lives with you, your family becomes his pack. You have to show him that every human in that household, even children, is above him in the pecking order, which is quite simple. Don't let him have "his" favorite seat on the couch, simply push him out of the way and sit there, that's what an Alpha would do. He'll soon learn you're the boss, and you choose where he sits. If you let any dog, no matter the breed, get his favorite spot on the couch or steal your chair, he may start exhibiting aggressive behavior. I knew a Cocker Spaniel who did this. This is a true story.
My aunt and uncle have a male Cocker, about 10 years old now. When he was a young pup, my aunt thought it was so cute that he loved to take her chair or her spot on the couch, and would sit by herself, not even putting up a fight. When he was older he came to believe that he was the Alpha compared to her, and started biting and snapping at her when she'd sit in his chair. He bit her a few times, even when she was just picking up his toys off the floor. Those were "his" toys, you see, and she wasn't allowed to touch them. He drew blood a few times. Also, she couldn't dare touch the other dog, she had to completely spend her time petting and holding him. They had another Cocker, and if my aunt dared to give him attention, Cocoa would dart over there real quick and bite her as punishment. I was shocked when I saw this happen for myself, and quickly told her how to treat him. After just a few days of the alpha behavior, he stopped bossing her around, and is now a patient dog who will wait until she wants to pet him and won't even think to growl at her.
The dog didn't dare show any of this behavior towards my uncle, but instead would move out of the way instantly if he went to sit in that chair. My aunt had a habit of babying him, my uncle didn't.
He knew that in the pecking order, it was
My uncle
Him
My aunt

You absolutely can't let a dog think that! Even something that isn't very important to you, such as letting your dog walk in front of you on his leash, is very important to the dog. In a dog's mind, the leader goes first, no question. If you train them not to do this as a puppy, you'll have no trouble as an adult.

Also, if you need to correct a dog, never ever beat him! Alphas would never do this, but instead would correct them in a calm way, such as simply pushing them out of the way on a couch, or stopping and shortening the leash until the dog is beside them, and only moving forward when he calms down. The alpha would give them a firm yell and show them he means business, however, he never hurts them. A dog that's been hit is a dog that may bite.
Tons of dogs are euthanized each year, simply because people didn't research dog behavior.

If a dog demands attention from you by shoving your hand with his nose, this is a dominant behavior. Ignore him until he calms down, then pet him. He needs to learn that you are the alpha, and you'll give him attention when you're good and ready.

You've probably seen pictures where the Alpha is being surrounded by the lesser wolves, who have their tails lower than his and are licking his face, giving him attention. An alpha male or female will demand attention from their pack, so don't let them do this.

Raise a dog right, they are animals, not people. Don't dress them in clothes unless it's a hairless dog in the winter or something similar.
Also, if you put your dog on a chain, you're just asking for trouble. Most dog attacks result from dogs that are chained. It makes them feel trapped, even more so in a cage. One of my family members had a black lab who was loving as can be in the house, but when he was on that chain, he was a demon from hell. He ripped open my cousin's leg from thigh to ankle because he was on that chain, and he loved kids.
Basically what I'm saying is, if you can't act like an alpha, you don't need a dog.
Anyway, if you were on a chain tied to a tree day after day, wouldn't you be pissed off too?

A wolf giving his alpha attention. Notice his lowered ears.

Also, this is a very common one. Mounting isn't only sexual, it is a dominance issue. He is trying to raise himself over you, showing that he's boss. A lot of people think it's funny, but it could lead to a very dangerous dog who may bite. Sexual mounting is an entirely different issue than Dominance mounting. If your dog humps everything in sight, you may want to get him fixed, like a not too bright German Shepherd I know....
You may notice that dogs mostly do the dominance thing to kids because they're small.

Dominance mounting, notice the other wolf has his tail between his legs in submission.

A dog is an ancient creature that runs off of instinct. Know his instincts, or for the dog's sake, don't get him!!
shut the fuck up, you cunt!

The Following User Says Thank You to xXx For This Useful Post:
zeus6793
Old 07-05-2009, 11:06 AM
RabidBlackWolf
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1746
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss190

You shut the hell up, ya dumb fuck.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:39 AM
thingermejig
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3546
male

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss60

I Love Dogs.............................................. ...........With Plum sauce

Old 07-06-2009, 06:44 AM
thingermejig
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3546
male

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss60

If dogs are from wolfs
why do dogs bark......wolfs don't????
foxes don't.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:03 AM
terrician
Offline:
Poster Rank:1735
Female

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss192

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingermejig View Post
If dogs are from wolfs
why do dogs bark......wolfs don't????
foxes don't.
they do bark, just not very often.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:52 AM
RabidBlackWolf
Offline:
Poster Rank:1746
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss190

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrician View Post
they do bark, just not very often.
True, true

Old 07-06-2009, 06:32 PM
vmpirebitch

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBlackWolf View Post
You obviously know nothing about dogs, so why even talk on this subject? :)
You can control a dog if you know his instincts. If you don't, you're screwed.

If a cat owner dies, the cats will eat off of them until the body is found....
If a dog's owner dies, they will not eat off him because he's their family, or pack. ;)
I'd rather have a trusted dog instead of a cat who will scratch you just as soon as look at you.
i know nothing huh... my parents have owned alsations since i was born... they loved them too much n one had to be given to the raf because it would attack fucking little kids even though i lived with it and was a little kid. dogs turn... who the fuck ever died from a cat attack you idiot?????????

Old 07-06-2009, 06:34 PM
vmpirebitch

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss

plus if you are dead and a cat lover, you would hope your cat would use your carcass to survive rather than being too thick and dying of starvation lmfao end of