Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Abandoned Mansion - Full of Junk - Scotland, UK

This is a very cool one, lots of old stuff left behind in the house, cool music too. I especially love the kitchen, remnants of a life that once was.

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 Abandoned-Mansion.mp4(20.23 MB, 197 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
gatagato, JavaMama, kellyhound, marimari, Ntwadumela, raygun56, vagabond, Xfactor
Old 09-17-2013, 12:42 AM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10967
Re: Abandoned Mansion - Full of "Junk" ~ Scotland, UK

I wonder why people would abandoned mansion. They could always sell or rent it. It must not be a good reason why they left.
Also the dog scared the hell out of me.

Faline
Old 09-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor View Post
I wonder why people would abandoned mansion. They could always sell or rent it. It must not be a good reason why they left.
Also the dog scared the hell out of me.
Maybe they died and the house just sat empty. No one to pass the house onto. Or it was passed on and they just didn't want it.
We'll never know i guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Xfactor
Old 09-18-2013, 07:49 PM
NEVERBACKZ
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:280
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2953

This is absolutely amazing - so so sad but amazing

Old 09-27-2013, 01:34 PM
OhMySpock
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3599
Female

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss57

I'd love to do some urban exploring.
If only I weren't so wary of the massive amount of spiders which probably live amidst that rubble. :(

Old 11-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Buckafuffalo
So Bucking Fanned
Poster Rank:737
⤴ Beam me up Scotty. Well... maybe not UP Scotty, beside him will do. ⤷

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss708

There's a lot of money still in that house, I'm surprised it hasn't been picked through until there was nothing left.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:54 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61220

Quote:
Unfortunetly half of the building has been set on fire, but there are a few rooms with quite alot of old stuff left to see.

"Full planning permission is pending decision", if only they'd get their finger out and do something, maybe it wouldn't end up in such a bad state.

2-storey and attic, 5-bay Tudor country house Baronial stair tower; 2-storey and basement wing. Ashlar with droved and stugged margins.

Deep base course, moulded string course and bracketed eaves cornice. Corbels, hoodmoulds with label stops, stone transoms and mullions, chamfered reveals and moulded arrises.

Originally known as 'Laurence (or Lawrence) Park', but with both names appearing on a map dated 1922.

The Thomas Hamilton attribution comes from a group of drawings exhibited at the Academy in 1828, the group included Cumstoun House with ribbed vaulting to canted window ceilings similar to Lathallan House.

Sadly, Hamilton's architect's drawings are lost. Thomas Hamilton and William Burn were the first Scottish members or RIBA, they were elected in 1835. Hamilton is famous as a pioneer of the Greek Revival in Scotland, and his works include The Royal High School, Edinburgh (1825), Cumstoun House (1828) and Falcon Hall, Edinburgh (c1830).

Much of the fine detail of Lathallan House has been vandalised, but the present (2003) owner was raised in the house and many of the interior details given above are from his memory of the rooms as they once appeared.

The house was purchased, fully furnished, by his step-grandfather for the sum of £5,000.

June 1994: SCT receives reports that Lathallan is now virtually uninhabitable and has suffered from fire in recent years. It is said to be in the ownership of a timber merchant who uses the house's stables.

February 1997: SCT understands that the house is visited regularly by a local farmer, though it is now derelict and surrounded by debris.

1998: SCT understands that the house has now changed hands.

December 1998: External inspection reveals the entrance and garden to be covered by litter, whilst the house and its outbuildings are all abandoned and collapsing.

April 2000: Local planners report no change.

2001: Jaques, in Falkirk and District: An Illustrated Architectural Guide, reports that the fine interiors, including the panelled library, rib-vaulting, and plasterwork, have all been vandalised.

February 2004: Local planners report that the owner would like to see the house restored, but does not have the finances to do so himself.

A developer has expressed an interest in restoring the house as a hotel.

October 2004: Local planners report that another party has expressed an interest in the house.

May 2006: LPA report that they are in pre planning discussions with a consortiium looking to redevelop the house, cottage and powere house to residential with some enabling development in the grounds

26.05.06: Much of the house is gutted by fire.

June 2006: Member of the public reports to SCT that the roof has now been removed.

October 2006: Historic Scotland report that proposals for the restoration of the house with an enabling development have been drawn up and formal applications are now awaited.

June 2009: Planning permission is sought for renovation and conversion into 9 flats and 36 new build homes in the grounds as an enabling development.

Demolition of laundry outbuilding sought Ivy Cottage (also known as the stables) would be retained for conversion to 3 dwelling houses. P/09./0369/LBC

July 2009: The Linlithgow Gazette reports on the current planning application for the House. The article goes on to note the project has been developed by the current owner and Rowanhill Developments as a joint venture.

July 2009: External inspection finds that the loss of the roof has left the house open to the elements. Floors have fallen in and some chimneys appear unstable due to this lack of lateral support. The building is not secure and has suffered from significant vandalism. The grounds are now becoming overgrown.

June 2011: External inspection finds no significant change from the pervious site visit.

October 2011: Listed building consent for Restoration and Refurbishment of Lathallan House to Form 9 Flatted Dwellings, Demolition of Laundry Outbuilding, Restoration & Refurbishment of Stables to Form 3 Dwellinghouses, Erection of 36 Dwellinghouses and Associated Works was granted July 2011.

Full planning permission is pending decision.

16 September 2013: Local planners report proposals for Lathallan House were granted Listed Building consent in July 2011; Planning Permission was granted in December 2012 following Section 25 Agreement being entered into between developer and Falkirk Council.

Proposal approved is for the restoration of Lathallan House to form 9 flatted dwellings, demolition of laundry outbuilding, restoration and refurbishment of stables to form 3 dwelling houses and erection of 36 dwelling houses and associated works.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2767 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss10548

I'll bet that place was really something in it's hay day.