Go Back  

Young Woman Viciously Slashed in the Face by Hatchet-Wielding Thug As She Slept 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 01-16-2015, 08:57 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524
Young Woman Viciously Slashed in the Face by Hatchet-Wielding Thug As She Slept

Thanks to spudigitti, for the lead on this one!

Independent.IE
By Ken Foy

January 15, 2015

A young woman had her jaw smashed and is scarred for life after she was viciously struck with a hatchet while she slept on a sofa.

Nicole Dwyer's jaw was broken in two places in the horrific attack which occurred in a house in Wexford Town.

Her sister, Jenna, told the Herald that Nicole is, "in a lot of pain," and that her family are, "disgusted," at the sickeningly violent assault. Nicole is currently receiving facial reconstructive treatment at Dublin's St James's Hospital.

She required more than 50 stitches in her wounds and has had two metal plates inserted into her jaw.

The attack happened at a property in The Green, Clonard, at 5.15pm on Monday when a crazed local criminal stormed the property and demanded €400 from a person known to Nicole.

Nicole was asleep and had a duvet wrapped around her when the criminal, who is from Wexford, demanded cash from her pal.

Sources have revealed that an argument between the two men, "kicked off," and the raider who was armed with the hatchet threatened to remove a TV from the house as, "collateral," for the alleged €400 debt.

When the man objected to the TV being taken, it is alleged that the suspect swung his hatchet on the couch and hit Nicole straight in the face causing her horrific injuries.

After realising what he had done, the 23 year old suspect ran from the property and dumped the hatchet in nearby wasteland.

Emergency services were notified and encountered what is described as "a truly appalling scene with blood everywhere".

The chief suspect was arrested later on Monday night and brought to Wexford Garda Station where he was questioned before being released without charge on Tuesday.

Earlier, he showed officers where he dumped the hatchet used in the gruesome attack.

It is understood that he claims he had no intention of hurting Nicole or the other man in the house.

The suspect is well-known to gardai and has numerous previous convictions for mainly minor offences, including public order and motoring offences.

However, sources say that officers have recently been concerned about his increasingly violent behaviour.

Last night, Nicole's older sister Jenna told the Herald that she would be, "scarred for life," by the attack.

"I feel really disgusted about what happened and all my family are very hurt over this," she said.

"She did not deserve what happened to her, she is completely innocent in all of this.

"She is in a lot of pain at the moment, her neck is very swollen and she can't really speak.

"I think the person who did this to her should get a very long sentence and we are surprised that he was let out of the garda station so quickly. When she is able, Nicole will be giving a full statement to gardai," she added.

Nicole remained in hospital last night and the garda investigation into the shocking case is continuing.

Even though the suspect has convictions for mainly minor offences, the Wexford town man has been causing major concern for gardai.

It emerged last night that he had connections with a dangerous family-based gang from the Adamstown area of the county who were the subject of numerous armed garda operations.

Some members of this mob are serving lengthy jail sentences in relation to serious assaults and other offences.

The hatchet attack man is said to, "look-up," to these criminals but a source who knows him pointed out, "This fella is no criminal mastermind that is for sure."

Nicole before, (left), and after, the attack

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
nicole.jpg  

garda.jpg  

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
audiomouth, K9Grip, Mr Poo, Oswald2001, Pyramid_Head, spudigitti, Talysan
Old 01-16-2015, 09:09 PM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
Poster Rank:71
male

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4686 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 5/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss13263
Re: Young Woman Viciously Slashed in the Face by Hatchet-Wielding Thug As She S

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
Thanks to spudigitti, for the lead on this one!

News Irish News Crime Wexford

January 15, 2015

Nicole Dwyer also had her jaw broken in two places in the harrowing unprovoked attack

A young woman was viciously slashed in the face by a hatchet-wielding thug as she slept on a sofa.

Nicole Dwyer also had her jaw broken in two places in the harrowing unprovoked attack in Wexford town.

Emergency services who were called to the property in The Green, Clonard, described it as, “a truly appalling scene with blood everywhere”.

Nicole, 20, needed 50 stitches and metal plates inserted into her jaw and is recovering from facial reconstruction surgery.

The attack happened at 5.15pm on Monday after a crazed local criminal stormed the house and demanded €400 from a person known to Nicole.

She was asleep and had a duvet wrapped around her at the time of the vicious assault. Realising what he had done, the thug ran from the house and threw the hatchet in nearby wasteland.

Nicole’s sister Jenna said she’s, “in a lot of pain,” and that her family are, “disgusted,” by the assault.

The suspect was arrested later and a file has been sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions. The thug claimed he didn’t intend on hurting Nicole.

Jenna told The Herald newspaper, “I feel really disgusted about what happened and all my family are very hurt over this.

“She is in a lot of pain at the moment, her neck is very swollen and she can’t really speak.

“I think the person who did this to her should get a very long sentence.”

The suspect has a string of convictions, mostly for motoring and public order offences.
I have heard a lot more about the overall story on this one as it happened 8 doors down from my house...
If I'm asked I'll reveal more but diamond smiles has done a really good job... Ty you...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spudigitti For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Mr Poo
Old 01-16-2015, 09:10 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudigitti View Post
I have heard a lot more about the overall story on this one as it happened 8 doors down from my house...
If I'm asked I'll reveal more but diamond smiles has done a really good job... Ty you...
You are free to contribute whatever you have that the article did not cover. I edited it to one with a bit more information.

One big happy family here for the most part!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, spudigitti
Old 01-16-2015, 09:28 PM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
male

Activity Longevity
20/20 5/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss13263

A man named as james Byrne whom I know,as I rented a house to his parents over 10 years ago. called to the house of the newest incident looking for money over a drug debt.
Things seemed to go bad as no money was available and a struggle ensued during which the victim was hit by the weapon of choice on this ocassion utilised by James Byrne.
I know James I had a clash with him recently over a matter after which he gave some thought and decided to back off as he reviewed the likely consequences and we shook hands..
The house in question has had some other issues but none like this......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spudigitti For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Mr Poo
Old 01-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
A man named as james Byrne whom I know,as I rented a house to his parents over 10 years ago. called to the house of the newest incident looking for money over a drug debt.
Things seemed to go bad as no money was available and a struggle ensued during which the victim was hit by the weapon of choice on this ocassion utilised by James Byrne.
I know James I had a clash with him recently over a matter after which he gave some thought and decided to back off as he reviewed the likely consequences and we shook hands..
The house in question has had some other issues but none like this......
Any pics of the attacker?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 01-16-2015, 10:26 PM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
male

Activity Longevity
20/20 5/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss13263

Hmmmmmm maybe I'll have to look on FB..,...

The Following User Says Thank You to spudigitti For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo
Old 01-16-2015, 10:34 PM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
male

Activity Longevity
20/20 5/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss13263

Can you help his name is James Byrne Ireland.....
My posting is very poor sorry....

The Following User Says Thank You to spudigitti For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 01-16-2015, 11:32 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

That doesn't look nearly as bad as I imagined it to look while reading the article. For some rediculous, unrealistic reason I was expecting Lizzie Borden style hacks
Still sucks for her though. I don't know what the hell that guy would be swinging an axe around for, if not to be intimidating.

diamondsmiles, spudigitti
Old 01-16-2015, 11:35 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Quote:
Sounds like a charming neighborhood

diamondsmiles, spudigitti
Old 01-17-2015, 03:02 AM
tara2
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:1409
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20