Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
WTF? Breast Feeding Baby Doll

Local Parent Says Breast-Feeding Baby Doll is Weird

Updated: Wednesday, 30 Mar 2011, 6:07 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 30 Mar 2011, 6:07 PM CDT

HOUSTON - A breast-feeding baby doll. It may be a toy, but the doll is sparking real controversy.

This doll's mouth makes suckling sounds and movements when it's placed to a little girls chest. Here's how it works:

There's a halter top that comes with the doll that the little girl wears. There are two flowers over the breast area and when the doll is brought close to the flowers, you hear sucking sounds and its mouth starts a suckling motion.

"I don't know that's weird to me. Yes. There are some things that can wait," said Carrie Foster, a mother of 2.

"Very inappropriate. Kids are growing up so fast. Let little girls be little girls." said Judy Ghormley, a mother of 6.

"My first reaction is definitely a little shocked by it," said Justin Phillips, a father of 2. His wife Angela Phillips has this to say,

"I don't think it's necessary because kids have an imagination themselves anyway. They do that anyway. It doesn't need to be that realistic,” said Jason’s wife Angela. “It's not too much to be on the market but I think it's kind of silly. I wouldn't buy it for my daughter even though I do breast feed.”

Gabriela Gerhart is the founder of The Motherhood Center. Gerhart said she believes it's a good thing that the doll is helping to "normalize" breast feeding.

"I think it's bringing discussions about breast feeding and I think so many moms are so scared about breast feeding. I don't know they, moms who are now in their 20's and 30's, would have been introduced to this breast feeding doll when they were little if that would really have helped them," said Gerhart.

The doll sells for about $100. It's made by Spanish company Berjuan Toys and has been sold in Spain for a couple years now. The breast feeding baby doll is available online and will be sold in the US in just a few weeks.

<****** title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x7PsVQH6lCQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Ien twa trije!
Poster Rank:404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1744
Re: WTF? Breast Feeding Baby Doll

Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Poster Rank:274