Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524
Woman's Sexy Text Message to Wrong Man Ends in Tragedy

Kiri Blakeley
cafemom.com

December 4, 2013

If you've ever sent a text message to the absolute wrong person, this story might resonate with you. Married mother of two and British police officer, Gail Crocker, killed herself after tapping out a sexy text message to her lover -- but sending it to her husband by mistake.

The message, which reportedly read, "Thank you for a wonderful evening. Only wish we could do this more often," was meant for Crocker's colleague, with whom she'd shared a one-night stand, but went to her husband of 30 years instead. The next day, Gail Crocker, took an overdose of pills, wrote out two suicide notes, and ended it all.

After Gail's husband received the message, he confronted her and they argued. She swore it was a, "one-off," and that she had never cheated on him before. Understandably still angry, Mr. Crocker went to bed without offering his forgiveness or them settling the issue.

The next morning, they reportedly began arguing again, and Mr. Crocker threw his phone in anger. When he went to the store to get a replacement phone, Gail got in her car, drove to a nearby village, and downed a bottle of pills. She left notes for her grown daughters and her husband.

While I don't think anyone condones cheating, it is certainly not worth taking your life over. I can only imagine the gut-wrenching guilt that Gail must have felt in order to go this far, to feel that there was no way out, or that she would never be forgiven.

Gail and her husband had been married for 30 years, since they were teenagers. That's no excusing stepping out; however, one night can't outweigh 30 years of love and loyalty.

Her husband says, "She was my life. We had plans. Nothing was worth her taking her life. I'm lost without her."

And now he will feel terrible that he didn't immediately offer forgiveness -- which he did not have to do. He had every right to be angry and think about things for awhile.

People make mistakes. I know there was much, much more to Gail Crocker's life than just this. She was a police officer. A mom. A wife. A friend, daughter, protector of the public. She deserves to be remembered for much more than this one little blip in her life.

I only wish she had realized that.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF, BigFoot, cupcake725, gatagato, JohnFrash, K9Grip, Kanda444, Kelseecat65, luciddrmr, Megamel29, Photoplay, Pigeon, Pyramid_Head, rapeWhistle, Stalker420, Tarot333, XxMutilatedxX, Zambini, Zoomshyne
Old 12-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Woman's Sexy Text Message to Wrong Man Ends in Tragedy

That's messed up. She felt that bad about cheating that she offed herself? There had to be something else going on.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Amy, diamondsmiles, K9Grip, Kanda444, KellBell0793
Old 12-15-2013, 12:21 AM
BigFoot
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:656

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss834

Pretty sad. Ridiculous that she took her own life over a one night stand.

The Following User Says Thank You to BigFoot For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-15-2013, 12:48 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

I agree, that is a bit extreme.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-15-2013, 02:47 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Having been the victim of a cheating partner on more than one occasion i feel compelled to post my feelings. Once that trust is broken it can't be repaired, the thought of having a cheating partner is always in your mind. You say you forgive them but it is impossible to do.
GOOD RIDDANCE YOU DIRTY TWO TIMING TRECHEROUS LYING CHEATING SACK OF FESTERING MAGGOT SHIT, I HOPE THE PILLS KILLED YOU SLOWLY, I HOPE YOU WERE STILL CONSCIOUS AS YOU PISSED AND SHIT YOURSELF, I HOPE YOU SPENT EVERY LAST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE IN EXTREME AGONY, AND IF THERE IS A HEAVEN DON'T BOTHER WAITING FOR ME YOU FILTHY FUCKING CUNT.
There, that feels much better.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
5umguy24, Amy, Azimuth, BBKF, BigFoot, BLT, bootydaddy, diamondsmiles, Emperor Wang, Faline, gatagato, icheerthebull, JohnFrash, K9Grip, Kanda444, Kelseecat65, kordy, MadameWhiplash, moonleya, Morgasmgasm, prax22a, rapeWhistle, Shadedwill, THELORDABORTION, thorny007, whoreofbabalon, XxMutilatedxX, Zambini
Old 12-15-2013, 11:15 PM
sassieroses
Offline:
Halo or Horns today?
Poster Rank:291
Ladybug

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Having been the victim of a cheating partner on more than one occasion i feel compelled to post my feelings. Once that trust is broken it can't be repaired, the thought of having a cheating partner is always in your mind. You say you forgive them but it is impossible to do.
GOOD RIDDANCE YOU DIRTY TWO TIMING TRECHEROUS LYING CHEATING SACK OF FESTERING MAGGOT SHIT, I HOPE THE PILLS KILLED YOU SLOWLY, I HOPE YOU WERE STILL CONSCIOUS AS YOU PISSED AND SHIT YOURSELF, I HOPE YOU SPENT EVERY LAST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE IN EXTREME AGONY, AND IF THERE IS A HEAVEN DON'T BOTHER WAITING FOR ME YOU FILTHY FUCKING CUNT.
Alllrighty then!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sassieroses For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, JohnFrash, XxMutilatedxX
Old 12-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

Quote:
I can only imagine the gut-wrenching guilt that Gail must have felt in order to go this far, to feel that there was no way out, or that she would never be forgiven
The fact that she was texting her fling and that is what got her caught says she didnt have much remorse over it until she got caught. Too bad she didnt have that same guilt after banging the dude or even a sense of loyalty to her husband to not go there in the first place. I feel bad for her family she just screwed over.

I wonder if she was doing it for dramatic effect, since the hubs was angry at her, to divert attention away from the incident....and accidentally succeeded. I also wonder how many people have died just to prove a point to their SO. Yeah that'll show em alright. Moral of the story here I suppose would be to keep it in your pants.

Azimuth, BBKF, Blewvane, BLT, diamondsmiles, gatagato, icheerthebull, K9Grip, Kanda444, Megamel29, Photoplay, rapeWhistle, winvens, XxMutilatedxX, Zambini
Old 12-16-2013, 04:50 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Harsh but fair. As said she only felt bad that she got caught "only wish we could do this more often" total bitch IMO. Selfish cunt to the bitter end

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
Blewvane, CrunchyCripple, diamondsmiles, gatagato
Old 12-16-2013, 05:03 AM
ak74
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:884

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss524

as its UK,, the least u can do is not make it look like yanky land
MUM not MOM

The Following User Says Thank You to ak74 For This Useful Post:
divreaper
The Following Users Disliked This Post By ak74:
Morgasmgasm
Old 12-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

The husband did nothing wrong, yet the article makes it somehow his fault. I also find it funny how she claims it was a "one off" yet she said she wanted to do it more often.

I have no sympathy for her; only for her kids and husband.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple, diamondsmiles, winvens, zombiehunter1231