Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Woman's Baby Taken From Womb By Court Order

Quote:
A pregnant woman was sedated against her will and her baby removed by caesarean section and taken into care after instructions from social services, it has been claimed.

Social workers went to the High Court to get a court order which allowed them to take the child from the mother's womb, according to reports.

The Italian woman, who already has two children, was visiting Britain to attend a Ryanair hostess training course at Stansted Airport in Essex when she suffered a panic attack.

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, suffered from a bipolar condition but had failed to take her medication.

Despite speaking to the woman's mother in Italy on the telephone, who explained the mental health problems, police took her to a psychiatric hospital.

She was sectioned under the Mental Health Act and five weeks later she was sedated - despite her protests - and her child removed and taken in to care, The Sunday Telegraph has disclosed.

The woman was then sent back to Italy without her daughter, who is now 15 months old and the centre of an international legal wrangle.

In February the woman, who is back on her medication, returned to Britain seeking the return of her daughter but was told by a judge at Chelmsford Crown Court that her child would instead be put up for adoption, the paper says.

Liberal Democrat MP John Hemming has taken up her case and told Sky News he plans to raise the matter in Parliament.

Mr Hemming, who is the chairman of the Public Family Law Reform Coordinating Campaign, said: "She wanted to go back to Italy to have her child naturally.

"If somebody is a bit ill and then they are sectioned then that does not make them better. There was a situation where obviously the thing to have done was to get this woman back to Italy and stabilise her.

"I cannot see why it would have been that difficult to get her back to her family and her two children."

The High Court in Rome has questioned why British law has been applied to an Italian citizen.

The woman, who is amicably divorced from her husband, is continuing her battle to get her daughter returned either to her or into the care of her friends or relatives.

Her lawyer in Britain, Brendan Flemming, told The Sunday Telegraph, which has seen court documents ordering the caesarean section: "I have never heard of anything like this in all my 40 years in the job.

"I can understand if someone is very ill that they may not be able to consent to a medical procedure but a forced caesarean is unprecedented."

Questions are being raised as to why the woman's relatives in Italy, who were caring for her other two children while she was detained, were not consulted about the matter.

The courts have argued that they have jurisdiction over the case because the woman did not protest at the time.

In addition the judge ruled her child should not be returned to her in case she fails to take her medication again.

Essex County Council told Sky News in a statement: "Essex County Council does not comment on the circumstances of on-going individual cases involving vulnerable people and children."
SOURCE

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Da1, Darkest Angel, diamondsmiles, gatagato, K9Grip, kellyhound, Megamel29, missmarleyx, Photoplay, Pyramid_Head
Old 12-01-2013, 04:17 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649
Re: Woman's Baby Taken From Womb By Court Order

I'm not sure how I feel about all of this. Forcing a c-section on someone scares the shit out of me. I don't know if I like SS or any government being able to control that much of you - your body. Were her docs in Italy even contacted and consulted on what they think would be a good idea? They would know the most about her.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Angelahh, diamondsmiles
Old 12-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Hvergelmir
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:119
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1456 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8385

Shit's fucked.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:05 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Pity it cant be done to the pram-faced "mothers" who have about 5 kids by the time theyre 18 all to different sperm donors and then expect the tax-payer to pay for their mutant spawn

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
CuriousOne, diamondsmiles, PTSD Is My Life, SouthrnHunnix420, THELORDABORTION
Old 12-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

I don't understand. Is medicine to treat someone who is bipolar ok for the baby? Was she acting in a way that put her baby in danger? Why can't she have her baby back if she is stable now?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
CuriousOne, diamondsmiles
Old 12-01-2013, 08:05 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Appalling

BBKF, diamondsmiles
Old 12-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2169 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss37568

What a total violation! To have your baby literally cut out of your womb. What kind of shit is that?!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
Angelahh, BBKF, Darkest Angel, diamondsmiles
Old 12-11-2013, 01:45 AM
IC10021
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1182

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss324

not clear to me wht country she was in -- idk what is "sectioned" either

too bad details aren't provided making these things clear

The Following User Says Thank You to IC10021 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 AM
Pigeon
Offline:
I POOP ON U
Poster Rank:77
Female
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675

That is fucked up. There's no way anyone should be able to force a C-section on someone. And I don't understand why, if they decided she wasn't fit to raise a child, the baby wasn't given to the family who are looking after her other children in Italy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigeon For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss12566

That's fucked up, give the child to her family if she is not well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles