Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615
Woman On Her Period Runs Marathon Without Sanitary Pad

This is what our world has come to. There is a much better way to raise awareness about women in other countries not having access to feminine products.

This is one of my favorite comments about her
"If Kiran Gandhi is the true face of feminism and equality then Bruce Jenner is more of a woman than any progressive female out there; even with a pecker hanging between her legs."

Photos show her blood stained crotch after the race.

Musician and Harvard graduate, Kiran Gandi, who ran the London marathon without a sanitary pad – tampon – to raise awareness for women who don’t have access to sanitary products has sparked an online debate.

The 26 year old woman let her period flow freely as she ran around the route in the UK capital in April this year – and whilst some Twitter users have spoken out in support of her, others have been quick to criticise her actions.

The night before she was set to run her very first marathon, Kiran got her period. After a year of training, she refused to miss the momentous moment because of biology. She had two choices: She could either run the 26.2 miles with a tampon, or she could bleed freely.

Guess what? She chose the latter.

Kiran, who ran with her two best friends to raise $6,000 for Breast Cancer Care, wrote: ‘I got my flow the night before and it was a total disaster but I didn’t want to clean it up. It would have been way too uncomfortable to worry about a tampon for 26.2 miles.

I thought, if there’s one person society won’t f**** with, it’s a marathon runner. If there’s one way to transcend oppression, it’s to run a marathon in whatever way you want.

On the marathon course, sexism can be beaten. Where the stigma of a woman’s period is irrelevant, and we can re-write the rules as we choose. Where a woman’s comfort supersedes that of the observer.

I ran with blood dripping down my legs for sisters who don’t have access to tampons and sisters who, despite cramping and pain, hide it away and pretend like it doesn’t exist.

I ran to say, it does exist, and we overcome it every day. The marathon was radical and absurd and bloody in ways I couldn’t have imagined until the day of the race.’

She told Cosmopolitan that she thinks the social constructs around periods are based on misogyny.

“I have this vision that if men had their period, because we are in a male-privileging society, that rules would be written into the workplace, rules would be written into the social fabric that enable men to take a moment when they need to or enable people to talk about their periods openly,” she said.

Two of the most important men in Gandhi’s life — her brother and father — were on the sidelines the day she ran the marathon. She was unsure how they would react to her statement, but when she reached them at the nine-mile mark, they only cared about hugging her and taking photos.

“When push comes to shove, all this cleaning that we do, all this shame that women feel, it doesn’t matter,” she told Cosmo. “They were my family, that’s their blood too. On a spiritual level, that’s amazing. That connects men and women in a very amazing way. Instead of men getting grossed out by it or women being grossed out by their own bodies, we should move away from that.”

Gandhi said she wanted to use the marathon to send a message to the world.

“If there’s one way to transcend oppression, it’s to run a marathon in whatever way you want,” she wrote on her personal website. “Where the stigma of a woman’s period is irrelevant, and we can re-write the rules as we choose.”

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Screen shot 2015-08-11 at 10.34.07 AM.jpg  

Attached Images

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
Audioguru, Azimuth, Cancun78, gatagato, K9Grip, kellyhound, Lion-hearted Girl, martyl63, MisterX, morbid75, Paupercool1, Pigeon, Pyramid_Head, reload101, shoelessjojackson, spudigitti, TheVrist, Top Gear, Xfactor
Old 08-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2764 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10530
Re: Woman On Her Period Runs Marathon Without Sanitary Pad

"I meant to do that!"

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
commondenom, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, Paupercool1, Pigeon, reload101, ToMidnightshow
Old 08-11-2015, 03:23 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

Liberals...

dripdry, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, Keydog, Oswald2001, reload101, selene, Xfactor
Old 08-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Cancun78
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:614
female
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss914

She has valid points. You know lots of parents don't talk to their kids about this stuff. If it were up to my gma my little boys wouldn't talk about pooping or farts or (God forbid) their ding-dong getting long.

That's what gets me irate enough to cut someone when it comes to the breast feeding issue, it nature. The most important for a baby. Then there are the idiots whining about letting it all hang out and covering up. Grow the Fuck up. Don't be such an uncultured douche. And don't raise your kids to be THAT either. Too much unnecessary stress this shit causes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cancun78 For This Useful Post:
analqueen, missentropic, slyksleevemuckyey, Sterlig, tbone79, winvens
Old 08-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Cancun78
Offline:
Poster Rank:614
female
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss914

And I expected worse. She just looks like she has a black bar on her crotch. If you knew exactly what it was without being told then you're looking at it way too hard. Perv

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cancun78 For This Useful Post:
analqueen, missentropic, Pigeon, slyksleevemuckyey, winvens
Old 08-11-2015, 05:03 PM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

Old 08-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Gross bitch, end of story. There are much better and less gross ways to raise awareness.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, baberry64828, Bonersauce, BuggaBugga1104, Bunny Jo, hal0mega, Iliketurtles, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, Loopy Lass, Oswald2001, Paupercool1, reload101, theydontlikeitupem, Xfactor
Old 08-11-2015, 08:07 PM
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:847
man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss557

This is disgusting, its basically like pissing or shitting yourself to raise awareness that its part of being human

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to theydontlikeitupem For This Useful Post:
baberry64828, BuggaBugga1104, hal0mega, Iliketurtles, K9Grip, kellyhound, Kelseecat65, Loopy Lass, martyl63, niknik, Oswald2001, Paupercool1, Pyramid_Head, reload101, selene, vagabond
Old 08-11-2015, 08:10 PM
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:847
man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss557

And yeah yeah, great cover up story for coming on during a marathon

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theydontlikeitupem For This Useful Post:
Cancun78, Oswald2001, Paupercool1, Pigeon
Old 08-11-2015, 08:51 PM
mrm1109
Offline:
Poster Rank:647
Cunt
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss860

No, bitch. It has nothing to do with "being grossed out by our bodies". It's called being fucking hygienic. If we go by her theory, we should stop wiping our asses so we won't be grossed out?

I am 100% not grossed out by her blood. I am grossed out by diseases she can be exposed to/expose others to...maybe not be exposed herself but you guys get the idea.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mrm1109 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, BuggaBugga1104, Bunny Jo, ech0.o, flutter mouse, kellyhound, Kelseecat65, Llysa, martyl63, Oswald2001, Paupercool1, Pyramid_Head, sharknebula