Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21639 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss40917
Re: Woman Goes On Racist Rant On A Tram UK

It's only news because she's white...

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
Sharon
Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 AM
SuceMaTub
Offline:
It's in the detail
Poster Rank:286
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 683 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2883

Circumstances. That's all. Doesn't sound like anyone's saying she was right for doing it. Look at the bigger picture...

Her concerns are real to her, and obviously under a great amount of stress. People react differently to stress. Some rant, some jump off a bridge, some mutilate their loved ones with a hatchet. Others get high and find a shotgun and your cubicle. So what would you rather have?

At the end of the day, we're all human and from time to time things' get hectic, nobody is above that. In a desperate society that commands you to keep your mouth shut and keep your crayons within the lines at all times like good little boys and girls is bound to have one pop every so often, can't judge her for that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuceMaTub For This Useful Post:
meeb, raygun56, Sharon
Old 12-01-2011, 12:54 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Re: Woman's 'racist' rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
To be fair, you have to live amongst 'it' and experience things to understand. London is atrocious and is the worst representative of the UK. That lady ranting was secretly filmed AFTER some altercation with the black lady by some interfeering rat's mobile. She was then grassed to the police. Secret filming of certain personal events (to some extent) using mobiles should be illegal. It's a violation of freedom of speech, opinions, etc. As far as the EDL go, whatever yous think of them, arresting them for doing NOTHING is very wrong. None of you commented on how the Muslim group were left alone but immediately homed in on the EDL. Don't fear voicing opinions! We're just chatting here as adults, no-one's judging you
Well I personally didn't feel the need to comment on the Muslim protest as the disgust with regard to that is unquestionable. I did home in on the edl statement for reasons that I feel I made clear and I do think it's ridiculous to think the edl were their to pay their respects ( I'm on my phone so can't post links to the many images of them doing the 'roman salute' with swasticas ect ). My intention was to discuss the matter and was not a personal attack on you. For the record I have 'lived it' I am a white Londoner born and raised and have lost count at the amount of racial abuse I have faced ( both physical and verbal )

With regard to your other point I agree 100%. We don't need the state for things like this. If you record stuff like this or football violence and put it on the Internet then you are a snitch.

The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
Sharon
Old 12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3660

What I find amusing is how many liberals think the UK can take more and more ethnic numbers and not change.

White flight? PAH! Doesn't exist.

No go areas? PAH! Doesn't exist!

Go to Sheffield or any place with an ethnic population and you'll notice who is in charge the majority of the time. Liberals most of the time and they get easy votes from them.

London is a different place altogether and I avoid it like the plague.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Viking64
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:5
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Quoted: 24600 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss70998

First I lived in Australia and then Canada???

Old 12-01-2011, 04:54 PM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
Poster Rank:228
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

British are stoopid.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
meeb
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:199
پدر سگ ایرانی

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4634

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris the blade View Post
Bahahaha, I found a third one, British are really pissed off.
I'd still tap that.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:10 PM
meeb
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:199
پدر سگ ایرانی

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4634

Acting that way on public transportation is uncalled for and inappropriate. But there are always many sides to a story. I see it as a complaint from a disillusioned native, from a sociological perspective. Immigration laws, and the bigger monster, globalization, have had really dramatic effects all over the world. There are good things, like free market for all, technology, social media, and a global culture. But then there are bad things, outsourcing, preferential treatment, ghettoes, organized crime, trafficking, and violence. As with any global socioeconomic changes, there are people who benefit, and people who pay.

There is no question that with the immigration of new people and generational shifts in their social mobility, along with job outsourcing and several other policy factors, that native people used to the old order of things face new competition and tougher circumstances. This always hurts the native working class, who don't have means to upper social mobility, or who have become embedded in cultures and practices that are no longer adaptable with greater economic competition. If you look at history, the most ardent supporters and backbone of extreme nationalist movements have always been populists, middle and working class natives who face difficulty adjusting to the changing economy. The Nazi foot soldiers and early supporters, much of the Italian fascists, the Ustase, the Ukrainian nationalists, the Russian ultranationalists, many supporters of Franco, these were all working and middle class people who felt threatened by new competition and changing culture.

So I don't think her behavior was appropriate at all, but I understand where it is coming from. And it is important to understand this side of the story, because calling racism and group conflict a problem of natives and pinning the "perpetrator" status on them is not going to ever help either side reach understanding or improve the situation.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:48 AM
BlueNosePit
Offline:
Poster Rank:228
male

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3886

what do you really think meeb?

Old 12-02-2011, 03:59 AM
BrownRock
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:939

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking64 View Post
First I lived in Australia and then Canada???
Where the hell are you from? Vermont USA right?

The Following User Says Thank You to BrownRock For This Useful Post:
Viking64