Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526
Woman Gets Refund After Sitting Next to Corpse on Flight

I hope they tried to revive the guy. Some people would welcome the silence on a long flight :) At least he was fresh. Some people are never happy!

Published June 24, 2012
NewsCore

STOCKHOLM – A Swedish woman has received a partial refund after she was forced to sit near a dead man during an international flight.

Lena Pettersson had just boarded her Tanzania-bound flight at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol when she noticed a man in his 30s looking unwell, the Expressen daily reported.

Pettersson, a journalist with Sveriges Radio, told the broadcaster that the man "was sweating and had cramps [seizures]."

After the Kenya Airways plane took off, the man died, the Expressen reported.

Cabin crew laid out the dead man across three seats and covered him with a blanket -- but left his legs and feet sticking out, Pettersson said.

For the remainder of the overnight flight, Pettersson was forced to sit near the dead man, with just an aisle separating her and the corpse.

"Of course it was unpleasant, but I am not a person who makes a fuss," Pettersson said.

After her holiday in Tanzania, Pettersson lodged a complaint with Kenya Airways, eventually receiving a $713 refund, half the price of her plane ticket.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06...#ixzz1zJqIk8DA

Old 06-30-2012, 09:50 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649
Re: Woman Gets Refund After Sitting Next to Corpse on Flight

WTF???? There has to be some protocol on how to handle a situation like this, in a better manner than just covering him with a blanket.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Flaka
Old 06-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378

I've heard of this type of thing before. Can't be helped and what are the airline supposed to do?

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-01-2012, 01:19 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526

I've flown so rarely and short flights so I have no clue what they do.

How long does it take a body to stink? I'd probably take a couple of pictures and post them here knowing what I do know ;)

I always worry about that little guy on the wing in the rain messing with something from that old, "Twilight Zone", episode, and remade in the movie. Both are great!

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
KKSki
Old 07-01-2012, 01:22 AM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

She did not make a fuss, huh?
Like it was the Airlines fault. What were they supposed to do? Throw him out of the frackin plane?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, kellyhound, MeMyselfandI
Old 07-01-2012, 01:38 AM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMarieGK View Post
She did not make a fuss, huh?
Like it was the Airlines fault. What were they supposed to do? Throw him out of the frackin plane?
Airplanes are a lot bigger than most think. My thought would be that they could have found a way to lower him into another cavity. The flight attendants should have called HQ to figure out what to do. What if the man had a contagious disease? Since airplanes recycle the air, all on board could have contracted something horrid. I know this is a sucky thing to have happen, but they could have landed the plane and had the body removed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Flaka
Old 07-01-2012, 03:03 AM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
Airplanes are a lot bigger than most think. My thought would be that they could have found a way to lower him into another cavity. The flight attendants should have called HQ to figure out what to do. What if the man had a contagious disease? Since airplanes recycle the air, all on board could have contracted something horrid. I know this is a sucky thing to have happen, but they could have landed the plane and had the body removed.
I fly all the time... Can they even get into the cargo in the air? They may have to land the plane.
We take the risk on ourselves regarding being in confined spaces with other people who may have contagious diseases.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:11 AM
MeMyselfandI
Offline:
Nope
Poster Rank:161
Male
Contributions: 13

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6069

Quote:
"Of course it was unpleasant, but I am not a person who makes a fuss," Pettersson said.

After her holiday in Tanzania, Pettersson lodged a complaint with Kenya Airways, eventually receiving a $713 refund, half the price of her plane ticket.
sounds like someone who makes a fuss

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MeMyselfandI For This Useful Post:
DeeMarieGK, diamondsmiles, kellyhound
Old 07-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Should have just stuffed him in the toilet? how about the cockpit?, Jesus the guy may be dead but a certain amount of decorum was in order, the airline couldn't win on this one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, diamondsmiles, Vera Wang
Old 07-01-2012, 08:27 AM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:583

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

there are a lot of things they could have done if they had a little imagination.

1. auction off his clothing, wallet and carry on (contents of last two items mentioned remain unknown during bidding)

2. given markers to children on the flight to draw on him.

3. propped open his mouth and see which passenger could get the most peanuts from their airline snack into the guys mouth from where they are sitting.

4. have a writing contest to see who can tell the person waiting for him at his point of arrival (assuming some one would be waiting) the most interesting story they can imagine pertaining to why the guy died in flight. then have the winner actually tell the story to the person when the plane lands.

5. take turns dressing him in clothing that other passengers brought in their carry ons. see who can make him look the sexiest as a travestite.

6. shove something metal down his throat and see how long it takes to get him on another flight.

7. play a body related guessing game. examples: draw a pot on his stomach. correct guess - pot belly. draw a ball and racket on his elbow - tennis elbow. tornado on his tongue- tongue twister. draw a button on his stomach - belly button, a shovel on his shin - shin dig, a sandwich on his knuckles, etc. etc.

8. learn about the human body and let passengers disect him. (an educational flight for sure)

9. play charades using him. example: point to his upper lip (stiff upper lip) or use his arms like you are playing the drums (dead beat) etc.

10. find something dangling and long such as a womans hair extension and play pin the tail on the dead man.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to TwistedPrincess For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, blood_princess, blue devil, bluepinktriangle, chinanutz, collaredgirl65, dead_icarus, DeeMarieGK, diamondsmiles, Flaka, FunkPumpkin, K9Grip, kellyhound, KKSki, MCBR, MissBeezyPleasy, MisterX, woodsetton, Zee86