Poster Rank:599

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss948
Re: Woman Found Guilty of Hit and Run After Running Over Two Kids in Leaf Pile

he let his little girls, play in the street? That woman is going to jail because that guylet his kids play in the street. Where there are supposed to be cars.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherrimccharles For This Useful Post:
bigjoe, MadCore
Old 01-20-2014, 11:46 PM
cupcake725
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:249
female
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2014 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3457

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrimccharles View Post
he let his little girls, play in the street? That woman is going to jail because that guylet his kids play in the street. Where there are supposed to be cars.
Why didn't she stop? Was she supposed to surmise, "Hmmmm... the parent let the children play in the street, therefore (ergo) I am no longer responsible for my actions.".

But for the fact that she didn't stop, we don't know if she was under the influence, if the children were truly covered, etc.

She should have stopped. She would have never faced the charges otherwise.

When is the last time you blasted through a leaf pile in the street? I'm not saying you shouldn't -- I just know I've read too many stories.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cupcake725 For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, winvens
Old 01-21-2014, 12:30 AM
sherrimccharles
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:599

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss948

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake725 View Post
Why didn't she stop? Was she supposed to surmise, "Hmmmm... the parent let the children play in the street, therefore (ergo) I am no longer responsible for my actions.".

But for the fact that she didn't stop, we don't know if she was under the influence, if the children were truly covered, etc.

When is the last time you blasted through a leaf pile in the street? I'm not saying you shouldn't -- I just know I've read too many stories.
For sure you are right. But all she saw was a pile of leaves, and all the felt was a thump, like a rock or something, in the street. Right where she was supposed to be driving. Right? Is that not right too? Or. . . . . Jeez I dunno. I guess shes goin to jail then, for a reason. For some reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to sherrimccharles For This Useful Post:
cupcake725
Old 01-21-2014, 12:42 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:

Supposedly she didn't know she ran them over, didn't know there were kids in the piles of leaves, until her brother came back and said he thought maybe she ran them over after seeing the father freaking out. The mistake she made was not going back to the scene or to police after she found out it was possible that she ran the kids over. Also the fact that they cleaned the car to remove any evidence.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
cupcake725, K9Grip, sherrimccharles
Old 01-21-2014, 12:47 AM
cupcake725
Offline:
female

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Supposedly she didn't know she ran them over, didn't know there were kids in the piles of leaves, until her brother came back and said he thought maybe she ran them over after seeing the father freaking out. The mistake she made was not going back to the scene or to police after she found out it was possible that she ran the kids over. Also the fact that they cleaned the car to remove any evidence.
I can't imagine that sick feeling she must have felt. Jesus. I would have begged to God, I hit a squirrel or something.

I really don't want nor am I qualified to play Monday morning quarterback. How hellish.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cupcake725 For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, Megamel29, sherrimccharles
Old 01-21-2014, 12:56 AM
cupcake725
Offline:
female

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3457

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrimccharles View Post
For sure you are right. But all she saw was a pile of leaves, and all the felt was a thump, like a rock or something, in the street. Right where she was supposed to be driving. Right? Is that not right too? Or. . . . . Jeez I dunno. I guess shes goin to jail then, for a reason. For some reason.
I understand what you're saying, I do. My dad's best friend backed over his 2 year old grandson while he played in the driveway. He was inconsolable for months (to make matters worse, his dad (greatgrandfather), died on the flight on the way to the funeral from grief) and I can't imagine a more agonizing reality.

I'm sorry, maybe I just need more facts. I certainly don't want to judge a woman who innocently. Nor does anyone owe me facts, I'm just trying to make an educated opinion on a very sad case.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cupcake725 For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, sherrimccharles
Old 01-21-2014, 01:08 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, I do. My dad's best friend backed over his 2 year old grandson while he played in the driveway. He was inconsolable for months (to make matters worse, his dad (greatgrandfather), died on the flight on the way to the funeral from grief) and I can't imagine a more agonizing reality.

That is awful.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, cupcake725, K9Grip, sherrimccharles, winvens
Old 01-21-2014, 01:41 AM
BBKF
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:654
Female

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss838

She certainly handled it poorly. I am unsure if her behavior is jail worthy, but when the death of a child is involved, we want someone to pay in some way. I do feel horrible for the dad. I understand how terrified the young girl was, as well. She hid the evidence, because she was terrified of the consequences. When I was a kid I used to love to drive through piles of leaves and snowpiles!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BBKF For This Useful Post:
bigjoe, cupcake725, Megamel29, sherrimccharles, winvens
Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKF View Post
She certainly handled it poorly. I am unsure if her behavior is jail worthy, but when the death of a child is involved, we want someone to pay in some way. I do feel horrible for the dad. I understand how terrified the young girl was, as well. She hid the evidence, because she was terrified of the consequences. When I was a kid I used to love to drive through piles of leaves and snowpiles!

I know, it's crazy. I can't imagine what the woman was feeling or thinking after her brother said that. If I saw a pile of leaves in the street I wouldn't expect kids to be in it. Well, I would but that's just because I read articles a lot about stuff like that. I remember reading some time ago that a kid suffocated in snow because he was playing in it and dug a hole in a big pile of snow and went in head first and couldn't get out. The other day I was driving in my subdivision and passed a pile of snow made by the snow plows that someone had made a tunnel through and it made me think of that. But I don't think most people think about things like I do. Most people don't consider the worst case scenario.

This case is just tragic. I feel bad for the kids and their family. I also feel bad for the woman who ran them over, through apparently no fault of her own.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, cupcake725, K9Grip, sherrimccharles
Old 01-21-2014, 04:17 AM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

I don't know about you all, but I was always taught to NOT drive over anything. I even avoid the hell out of plastic bags. We are also talking about a leaf pile big enough to, at the least conceal two young girls. Who aims into piles like that? Not anyone I know and I just asked about 10 different friends, they knew nothing of this story.
I want to see where exactly this pile of leaves was and if it was in the middle of the road, why were people piling leaves there? That's against the law.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Blewvane, cupcake725, sherrimccharles