Weener

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140
Re: Woman Blames Mikey D's for Forcing Her into Prostitution

Besides, even if this woman was "economically and psychologically coerced" she could have said "No!" then called the cops, BUT she didn't.

It's not the corporations job to police it's workers. If you work there and shit like this is happening call... wait, what are they called again... Oh yeah! COPS. Or you could quit the job and go work somewhere else.

You know why they pay people at Mickey D's so low? Because the employees are easily replaced. It doesn't change the fact that they're human but corporations are going to care more for people with skills rather than people with no drive who will probably quit after three months anyway.

And after they implement this "police our workers" plan, prices will go up, it won't achieve anything and people will bitch about two #1's costing more than 20 bucks.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” -Stephen Roberts

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 04-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss37570
Oh please. This is a crock of shit.

What's next? Ronald McDonald pimped her?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
bigmikeymike, King Herald
Old 04-09-2012, 01:11 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikeymike View Post

Looks like someone is trying to start an argument today. Where in my previous post did I relate this woman to fat people? I laugh at FAT, LAZY people not PEOPLE FORCED INTO PROSTITUTION.
I am not trying to start an argument at all, just having a discussion. Having re read the post I can see that you were only referring to the post above you, I misinterpreted you’re point and I apologize.

I do however feel that at the end of the day companys do have a responsibility when it comes to what amounts to a boss forcing a employee into prostitution. Like I said if this had taken place in a different work setting people would view it a lot differently.

The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
bigmikeymike
Old 04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
bigmikeymike
Offline:
To infinity and beyond!
Poster Rank:538
Weener

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140

^ I also apologize for getting defensive.

I think that's the thing. Because it's a/was Mcdonald's worker who is (as unfortunate as it is to say) expendable, the corporation itself doesn't care.

But this really shouldn't surprise anyone. It certainly doesn't surprise me that a corporation doesn't care about it's employees...

At the end of the day, it all boils down to one thing: profit.

Good 'ol United States of Corporations. I hate them.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” -Stephen Roberts

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens
The Following User Says Thank You to bigmikeymike For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull