Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Woman Arrested Over Unreturned DVD

A South Carolina woman has been forced to spend a night in jail after she failed to return a DVD she borrowed nine years ago.

Kayla Michelle Finley, 27, rented out the film Monster-In-Law back in 2005 but never returned it.

After several requests to have the DVD returned were ignored, police in Pickens Country sent her a letter to have the film returned.

When she failed to do so, a warrant was issued for her arrest, the Daily Mail reported.

Yet, it was Finlay who accidentally handed herself into police when she went in to report an unrelated crime.

When police looked up her records, they noticed the outstanding warrant and arrested Finlay with pety larceny and failing to return a rented video.

She was then forced to spend the night in jail.

"It's obvious that Pickens County has nothing better to do,' Ms Finley told Fox News.

"I fully intend on fighting this, it’s ridiculous I had this happen to me," she said.

She was released after $US2000 bail was posted.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/215...nreturned-dvd/

Thread Contributions

Contributors to this thread: diamondsmiles (118)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, gatagato, Megamel29, mintycbo, Pyramid_Head, winvens
Old 02-17-2014, 01:53 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Woman Arrested Over Unreturned DVD

What a fucking idiot, would have been cheaper to buy it. I wonder what the overdue fees are for 9 years. Enjoy having a criminal record for stealing a dvd you silly bitch.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, gatagato, winvens
Old 02-17-2014, 07:12 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss12567

She payed $2K to get out of one night.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Iliketurtles
Old 02-17-2014, 07:17 AM
mintycbo
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:344
Male

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss2170

No, What is ridiculous is that DVD rental places no longer exist.. (I somehow have one in my city)
It's all redbox etc. and those places honestly could care less if you don't return it.they just toss a fee at you and call it a day.
About 13-15 years ago? Yeah, this would be a big deal.. If that happened up here in PA, Judge would at most..AT MOST hit her with a m2 retail theft..and that's pushing it...maybe even just a summary..pay a fine and piss off..
Could possibly even be a statute of limitations on such charges..depends on state..

Am I sticking up for low lifes? No.. Am I sticking up for civil rights, and law? yes..I am.
Besides? All aspects and info aside.. what if this was Someone's grandmother in a nursing home?
She had a fall accident in her home, before it occurred she rented some old western DVD from a video store.
Fell down her steps, broke her hip, knee, ankle, pelvis etc.. (Man I laid it on Granny huh?)
She had surgery, needed to be in assisted living while her kids were living their lives, raising families, etc.
And that old OLD Gene Autry flick from Blockbuster came up missing in their database, meanwhile she was under surgery, one of her relatives left a friend in her house with them and the friend ran off with something worth money, she finds out through her relatives, reports it..and BAM! sorry granny with half body cast on...you're under arrest, petty larceny etc...

Yeh... That is pretty shitty huh? Then again? Meanwhile at Walmart.........

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mintycbo For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, Megamel29, TwistedSisterr, winvens
Old 02-19-2014, 03:29 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

It is pretty silly to arrest someone for not returning a movie. I guess you could make the argument that it's the same thing as taking the movie off the shelf and pocketing it. However, as mintycbo said, there could be extenuating circumstances. Around 4 years ago, my brother rented a couple movies from Family Video on my account and the store claimed they weren't returned and I would have to pay a ridiculous fee to them or bring in copies of the movies to replace them. That's a fair deal, I think. However, my brother insists he brought them back and he wouldn't lie, especially considering the movies wouldn't have cost more than $10 a piece. Also, they told me this when I went to rent a movie over a year after the other movies were due and I had rented from that store in the meantime. Weird.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, mintycbo, winvens
Old 02-19-2014, 05:10 PM
BLT
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2742

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss89

I wonder if she still had the DVD

Old 02-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Shadedwill
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:250
Male (evidently surprisingly)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
She payed $2K to get out of one night.
She'll get it back if she shows for her court date. Less some fees. I think that's how it works.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:52 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

I have misdemeanor theft charges on my record, had to appear in court and everything For not returning a $24 library book to the public library

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Megamel29, winvens
Old 02-21-2014, 03:24 PM
BBKF
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:654
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
It is pretty silly to arrest someone for not returning a movie. I guess you could make the argument that it's the same thing as taking the movie off the shelf and pocketing it. However, as mintycbo said, there could be extenuating circumstances. Around 4 years ago, my brother rented a couple movies from Family Video on my account and the store claimed they weren't returned and I would have to pay a ridiculous fee to them or bring in copies of the movies to replace them. That's a fair deal, I think. However, my brother insists he brought them back and he wouldn't lie, especially considering the movies wouldn't have cost more than $10 a piece. Also, they told me this when I went to rent a movie over a year after the other movies were due and I had rented from that store in the meantime. Weird.
My house was robbed and I had a rented DVD in the player when it was stolen. It was "A Clockwork Orange". I reported to video store and never heard another thing. The sad thing is a friend saw my stolen electronics at someone's house and the police said there was nothing they could do as they didn't have enough evidence for a warrant. Lazy bastards.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BBKF For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Megamel29, winvens
Old 02-21-2014, 10:33 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
What a fucking idiot, would have been cheaper to buy it. I wonder what the overdue fees are for 9 years. Enjoy having a criminal record for stealing a dvd you silly bitch.
Was it any good? Never saw it!