Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2115
Re: What's Really Going on in Syria?

Originally Posted by ZappaFan101 View Post
Like I said, America is not the only reason why there is so much hostility going on in the middle east, but our foreign policies are making this worse.

Take a look at some of the more recent attacks on our military in Afghanistan. Are terrorists still killing us? Sure. However, its not just terrorists that are attacking us. Alot of the attacks are coming from Afghanistan's military and police forces. America is being attacked from the people that we are supposed to be helping. You never really hear about it though on the news. Its quite clear that they dont want us, or any foreign intervention, over there. Our presence isnt stopping terrorism, its fueling it.
I agree you there, my point was more that I don't think the US necessarily wants to get involved in Syria, which is why I don't really agree with the contention that the US media is making it appear more tragic in order to justify an invasion. I just think its an all around brutal conflict and the media sees a big story in that. Its just a bit irrelevant (to the US government) whether our involvement has actually stopped terrorism or made it worse because that generally hasn't been our actual main concern IMO, more of just a cover for economic or political gain from invasions, which is why I don't think we'll get involved in Syria unless it becomes beneficial to us.
But this is my opinion on how the US will react, not my opinion on how we should react.