Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Guess who gives the biggest donations to the democratic party.
Off the top of my head I'd want to say NBC , but I really don't know.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:35 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11705

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Off the top of my head I'd want to say NBC , but I really don't know.
FOX.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:43 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

From my understanding Fox donates almost equally to both parties.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:46 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11705

Quote:
From my understanding Fox donates almost equally to both parties.
Well prob. But question was "most" too that one party.

Ill try to dig the forbes report, but by "most" I mean they actually contribute as much as all other major broadcast combined.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I venture to say often would still be an overgeneralization, as most actual non US born immigrants are some of the hardest workers I've ever seen and would do anything to assimilate. It's not always the case, but I'd say the amount of fuckups is on par with the average amount most cultures have.

Amnesty doesn't guarantee they won't work for themselves and not pay taxes granted, just like it doesn't for even citizens. BUT if everyone here has legal paperwork, anyone without that paperwork can hit the bricks and fuck off back home. Securing the border without reform is just pointless..
But amnesty plus border security will only bring about an equilibrium of a new infusion into the liberal voting base. Amnesty without border security, on the other hand, will assure a steady and constant increase of that voting base's numbers.

So the left has no motivation to secure said borders, and thus far have been conducting themselves accordingly. It doesn't matter to them if the strain on our economy eventually breaks us and drags the entire nation down as a whole as long as it assures that they will remain in power indefinitely. My problem with that is not only that it is deleterious to all of us as American citizens, but that it's also patently illegal and borderline treasonous.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
The Untrollable

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
"Some" of the immigrants that come for work were hard workers, it was the post generations of those immigrants that went to total shit.

"Most" immigrant workers send their money home, taking ours out of circulation. Economy doesn't thrive on tax payers, it survives on circulation.
But things such as infrastructure construction and maintenance, homeland defense, public education, public transportation, social services and support for the legitimately needy and indigent, the luring of new industry into one's state -- those things do thrive on tax payers, and they contribute greatly to the generation and circulation of wealth and thus to the overall economies both local and nationwide as a whole. Think of it in terms of a more realistic, less ideological interpretation of Obama's points in his "You Didn't Build That" speech.

You start straining a system with people who are using all of those things but not contributing to it, and eventually it will bend and break. It's simple ground-level business economics in that no enterprise can last if it's constantly spending more than it's taking in. Taxpayer-funded civilization is indeed an enterprise in that respect.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
The Untrollable

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
So why don't everyone without papers just hit the brinks now.
Because no one's forcing them to.

Really, put yourself in their shoes: if you were from some third-world shithole and went through all that trouble to get here, would you really operate on the honor system if it meant possibly being sent back to said third-world shithole?

Of course not. No hungry person in their right mind would, especially not out of respect for the laws of the land that they still consider to be "foreign."

Old 10-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
The Untrollable

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Honestly? My solution for it all would be this: throw massive amounts of money at INS, customs, and Border Patrol. Secure our border with Mexico first and foremost due the national security necessity inherent in doing so.

Pursue and prosecute employers and businesses who knowingly employ illegal and/or undocumented labor. Make them pay their worker's the minimum wage at least, and make them pay every single cent of the taxes on those workers -- from payroll all the way to personal income both state and federal. This will eliminate their motivation to hire illegal workers over American citizens.

Then develop a fast-track form of naturalization for those who want to abide by the rules. Give them citizenship tests in their native language if need be, then stick 'em with a Social Security Number that ensures proper workplace protections and rights and guarantees that they will have to pay taxes on every dollar that they earn.

The only reason you'll never see any of that happen in America as she is currently governed is that the large corporate interests that support the neo-Republicans want cheap and unprotected labor, and people who work their asses off and pay their taxes are more likely to vote Republican -- and quite possibly Libertarian in the future -- instead of Democrat.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:14 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
But things such as infrastructure construction and maintenance, homeland defense, public education, public transportation, social services and support for the legitimately needy and indigent, the luring of new industry into one's state -- those things do thrive on tax payers, and they contribute greatly to the generation and circulation of wealth and thus to the overall economies both local and nationwide as a whole. Think of it in terms of a more realistic, less ideological interpretation of Obama's points in his "You Didn't Build That" speech.

You start straining a system with people who are using all of those things but not contributing to it, and eventually it will bend and break. It's simple ground-level business economics in that no enterprise can last if it's constantly spending more than it's taking in. Taxpayer-funded civilization is indeed an enterprise in that respect.
I get the balance of the two, my point still weighs in heavy on the fact of the American dollar being taking out of circulation. A bigger circulation pool always equals an easier infrastructure maintenance, another words taxes are not as much a burden. When the circulation pool is low, or into the negative even, it's inevitable to raise taxes just to maintain said infrastructure.

The circulation pool has been already declining for a few decades too having the ability to shop across seas. Letting immigrants in to just feed money back to their own country just progresses an already existing issue.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
The Untrollable

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
I get the balance of the two, my point still weighs in heavy on the fact of the American dollar being taking out of circulation. A bigger circulation pool always equals an easier infrastructure maintenance, another words taxes are not as much a burden. When the circulation pool is low, or into the negative even, it's inevitable to raise taxes just to maintain said infrastructure.

The circulation pool has been already declining for a few decades too having the ability to shop across seas. Letting immigrants in to just feed money back to their own country just progresses an already existing issue.
Agreed, most definitely.

So...no more brown people then?