Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

You know who's even dumber than someone who believes everything they hear on Fox news. Someone who doesn't believe anything they hear on Fox news.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You know who's even dumber than someone who believes everything they hear on Fox news. Someone who doesn't believe anything they hear on Fox news.
You're drunk again, aren't you?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
hal0mega, Mr Poo
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Metal Mike:
hal0mega
Old 10-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
That's why I used the qualifier "often" -- so that my statement about third-world shitholes and the habits they encourage did not sound like an overgeneralization of everyone from third-world shitholes.

You mean as one would explain certain basic truths to a child? These are grown adults we're talking about here. Curiosity alone would dictate that when one sees a handle on a toilet, they would pull that handle and put two and two together when the water goes down the hole. Likewise, you would think that anyone who took the time to take note of their surroundings would realize that on some mornings, there are a shitload of trash cans out by the curb that weren't there yesterday. The sight of garbage trucks and sanitation workers doing their job would similarly ring a few bells and illuminate a few bulbs for anyone who cared enough to pay attention.

And really, how do you propose such explanations would go over with those who are making a conscious effort to resist assimilation? The aforementioned protesters from my previous post marching with the Mexican flag held high, they don't want to assimilate. They don't want to become Americans; they want America to become Mexico. It's easier to cut others down than to elevate oneself, just as it's easier to bitch about the world not changing to accomodate you than it is to change yourself.

And that's the problem: there's no guaranteeing that amnesty will result in registration and subsequent taxation. It's not a process by which citizenship is conferred, but rather the abandonment of enforcement of immigration laws already on the books. Without U.S. birth records by which to keep tabs on someone from the cradle to the grave, the entire process will rest on the honor system. An understanding of human nature predicts that the large majority of newly-legal immigrants who can get away with not paying taxes will continue to do so for as long as they possibly can.
I venture to say often would still be an overgeneralization, as most actual non US born immigrants are some of the hardest workers I've ever seen and would do anything to assimilate. It's not always the case, but I'd say the amount of fuckups is on par with the average amount most cultures have.

Amnesty doesn't guarantee they won't work for themselves and not pay taxes granted, just like it doesn't for even citizens. BUT if everyone here has legal paperwork, anyone without that paperwork can hit the bricks and fuck off back home. Securing the border without reform is just pointless..

Old 10-24-2014, 09:18 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss11705

"Some" of the immigrants that come for work were hard workers, it was the post generations of those immigrants that went to total shit.

"Most" immigrant workers send their money home, taking ours out of circulation. Economy doesn't thrive on tax payers, it survives on circulation.

niknik
Old 10-24-2014, 09:23 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
"Some" of the immigrants that come for work were hard workers, it was the post generations of those immigrants that went to total shit.

"Most" immigrant workers send their money home, taking ours out of circulation. Economy doesn't thrive on tax payers, it survives on circulation.
It thrives on both, but there are still necessities like food, shelter and clothing that must be purchased in the state regardless.

Family reunification would eliminate that whole situation.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:29 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss11705

I'm sure your opinion is based on a minority of legit good immigrating people you've crossed paths with, hell my fiance is one. But unfortunately their good side will never out weigh the negative.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:29 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
You're drunk again, aren't you?
Nope. There's 4 major networks who millions of Americans get their news. If you think any one of them are without an agenda you'd be a fool.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:31 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I venture to say often would still be an overgeneralization, as most actual non US born immigrants are some of the hardest workers I've ever seen and would do anything to assimilate. It's not always the case, but I'd say the amount of fuckups is on par with the average amount most cultures have.

Amnesty doesn't guarantee they won't work for themselves and not pay taxes granted, just like it doesn't for even citizens. BUT if everyone here has legal paperwork, anyone without that paperwork can hit the bricks and fuck off back home. Securing the border without reform is just pointless..
So why don't everyone without papers just hit the brinks now.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:32 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss11705

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Nope. There's 4 major networks who millions of Americans get their news. If you think any one of them are without an agenda you'd be a fool.
Guess who gives the biggest donations to the democratic party.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:32 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post

But if we just give the government more money everything will be great.