Go Back  

What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #51  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:50 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
There are always going to be douche bags in every culture, to categorize every single immigrant from any country in the world as the same is the true overgeneralization.

As far as assimilation, someone just needs to take the time to explain how things work here to those from third world countries. Once they understand, I highly doubt they will continue their actions.

This whole debate is about "legal" immigrants not those who are illegally here. Not sure if the Mexicans you're talking of were legal or not, but I'd bet not. The whole point of immigration reform is to eliminate those illegals.
oh so that's the answer. Someone just needs to explain how we do things

But you don't have a problem generalizing millions of Americans over political affiliation. So you think you should be the one doing all the generalizing.

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Wait. I thought you just said parasites feed and don't contribute. How do corporations take but not give back? They employ don't they? They offer benefits don't they?
Corporate culture currently is a model of pure profit maximization at the cost of the people. Mostly based on financial deregulation, our country’s income and wealth keep going to the top while the middle class gets erased.

Quote:
Corporations doubled their profits to $1.9 trillion in less than ten years, but since 2008 they’ve reduced their tax payments from a twenty-year average of 22% to just 10%. That’s a dropoff of over $225 billion.

Next, the Tax Justice Network estimated that up to $32 trillion is hidden offshore, untaxed. With Americans making up 40% of the world’s Ultra High Net Worth Individuals, and with a historical stock market return of 6%, $750 billion of income is lost to the U.S. every year, resulting in a tax loss of about $260 billion.

Finally, the IRS estimates that 17 percent of taxes owed were not paid, leaving an underpayment of $450 billion.

Add it up, and it’s almost the size of the U.S. deficit. All because of lax or non-existing regulations that allow wealthy individuals and corporations to avoid their tax responsibilities.

Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I'm pretty sure that post of mine you just quoted would be an independent thought.

You're a hypocrite. You say I'm right wing and if you have to search Google to find a rebuttal than you will. Problem is that's not having independent thought. You look for argument against my opinion by taking someone else's opinion. And your rebuttal is almost always liberal propaganda.

BTW. This is the news section. Everybody copies and paste articles here.
If I post something that's not my thought, it's because it is facts to back up the argument I'm making.

That's all you do in every section..

Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:54 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Corporate culture currently is a model of pure profit maximization at the cost of the people. Mostly based on financial deregulation, our country’s income and wealth keep going to the top while the middle class gets erased.
So you think taxing companies trillions will solve our debt? Corporations didn't create our debt

Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:56 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
If I post something that's not my thought, it's because it is facts to back up the argument I'm making.

That's all you do in every section..
Accept when you're posting someone else's opinion with a couple of your own sentences around it right.

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:57 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

I think you have a loose affiliation with facts.

Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Accept when you're posting someone else's opinion with a couple of your own sentences around it right.


Facts usually come from numbers, not Fox News cherry-picked opinion articles.

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Metal Mike's Avatar
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable
Join Date: Jun 2013
 
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
There are always going to be douche bags in every culture, to categorize every single immigrant from any country in the world as the same is the true overgeneralization.
That's why I used the qualifier "often" -- so that my statement about third-world shitholes and the habits they encourage did not sound like an overgeneralization of everyone from third-world shitholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
As far as assimilation, someone just needs to take the time to explain how things work here to those from third world countries. Once they understand, I highly doubt they will continue their actions.
You mean as one would explain certain basic truths to a child? These are grown adults we're talking about here. Curiosity alone would dictate that when one sees a handle on a toilet, they would pull that handle and put two and two together when the water goes down the hole. Likewise, you would think that anyone who took the time to take note of their surroundings would realize that on some mornings, there are a shitload of trash cans out by the curb that weren't there yesterday. The sight of garbage trucks and sanitation workers doing their job would similarly ring a few bells and illuminate a few bulbs for anyone who cared enough to pay attention.

And really, how do you propose such explanations would go over with those who are making a conscious effort to resist assimilation? The aforementioned protesters from my previous post marching with the Mexican flag held high, they don't want to assimilate. They don't want to become Americans; they want America to become Mexico. It's easier to cut others down than to elevate oneself, just as it's easier to bitch about the world not changing to accomodate you than it is to change yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
This whole debate is about "legal" immigrants not those who are illegally here. Not sure if the Mexicans you're talking of were legal or not, but I'd bet not. The whole point of immigration reform is to eliminate those illegals. If you're a legal resident paying taxes on your earnings, you're accountable for your actions.
And that's the problem: there's no guaranteeing that amnesty will result in registration and subsequent taxation. It's not a process by which citizenship is conferred, but rather the abandonment of enforcement of immigration laws already on the books. Without U.S. birth records by which to keep tabs on someone from the cradle to the grave, the entire process will rest on the honor system. An understanding of human nature predicts that the large majority of newly-legal immigrants who can get away with not paying taxes will continue to do so for as long as they possibly can.

Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Blewvane's Avatar
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious��

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I can see where you're coming from, but a parasitic entity feeds off a host until there is nothing left. They don't contribute in any way, which is something we both know isn't true of immigrants. They take the worst and lowest paying jobs, that's not killing the host nation.

What you could make a parasitic argument about would be the human parasite that's destroying our environment. You could make the same argument for corporate entities parasitic nature with our country, consuming but never giving back.

My question to you, is which is worse? We're stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I do agree with you Mr Poo, but the problem is they are not white.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Metal Mike, Mr Poo
  #60  
Old 10-24-2014, 08:41 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post


Facts usually come from numbers, not Fox News cherry-picked opinion articles.
😁 Everyone knows numbers can and are manipulated.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO