Go Back  

What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #41  
Old 10-24-2014, 01:26 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I live in SoCal, we have every kind of population here. It's far from third world besides a few areas. I've been all over and if you are scared with culture shock I guess one could interpret it that way.

I've seen worse slums in Paris and Dublin than I have witnessed anywhere in the states, from south central and Compton to Houston to Louisville to Santa Ana..
It has to be relative. A 2 thousand year old country will have uglier looking slums than a city that's only 2 hundred years old.

What's in France has nothing to do with America. I find it hard to believe you say you've been all over the world and America and want to deny the fact heavily immigrant areas are slums.

Because I have been to around 30 states and you know the minute you hit the immigrant part of town

scared, culture shock. 😁 Where do you come up with this shit.

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-24-2014, 01:33 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Not on his jock, I just like to discount media propaganda..
The only media you "try" and discount is anything that supports the right or exposes the left. Basically your a sponge for liberal propaganda.

Most issues I post you know nothing about, you just run to Google to find your point of view.

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-24-2014, 03:09 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I live in SoCal, we have every kind of population here. It's far from third world besides a few areas. I've been all over and if you are scared with culture shock I guess one could interpret it that way.

I've seen worse slums in Paris and Dublin than I have witnessed anywhere in the states, from south central and Compton to Houston to Louisville to Santa Ana..
South Central and Compton are hardly large immigrant areas comparably speaking. But even as South Central isn't considered a immigrant city it has immigrants. You can find them by following the smell of chicken shit.

But I suppose if you're scared with culture shock you probably could shove your head up your ass far enough you don't notice. Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about.

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
Whether or not the feds are actually "committed" to buying all of those work visas and green cards is a bit of an afterthought. The last line that niknik omitted from his reproduction of the original article could just as easily be a bullshit official line designed to hide the truth.

The point is that the top levels of the federal parasite are infected with an ideological cancer that will sell our country and its people up the river for the sole purpose of the acquisition of power at any cost to us. The repercussions of 34 million grants of amnesty will be extremely detrimental to the livelihood of the nation as a whole, and the powers-that-be couldn't possibly give a fuck less.

Simply put: theirs is a parasitic ideology that will eventually kill the host, which just so happens to be we the people. That last line about commitment to a contract has no bearing whatsoever on the overall picture.
I can see where you're coming from, but a parasitic entity feeds off a host until there is nothing left. They don't contribute in any way, which is something we both know isn't true of immigrants. They take the worst and lowest paying jobs, that's not killing the host nation.

What you could make a parasitic argument about would be the human parasite that's destroying our environment. You could make the same argument for corporate entities parasitic nature with our country, consuming but never giving back.

My question to you, is which is worse? We're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
It has to be relative. A 2 thousand year old country will have uglier looking slums than a city that's only 2 hundred years old.

What's in France has nothing to do with America. I find it hard to believe you say you've been all over the world and America and want to deny the fact heavily immigrant areas are slums.

Because I have been to around 30 states and you know the minute you hit the immigrant part of town

scared, culture shock. 😁 Where do you come up with this shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
South Central and Compton are hardly large immigrant areas comparably speaking. But even as South Central isn't considered a immigrant city it has immigrants. You can find them by following the smell of chicken shit.

But I suppose if you're scared with culture shock you probably could shove your head up your ass far enough you don't notice. Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about.
Immigrant's are just like anyone else, if you're fearful of other cultures that's your own insecurities. This country is known as the land of opportunity for a reason..

Is smelling the chicken the way you locate all your immigrant cities?

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
The only media you "try" and discount is anything that supports the right or exposes the left. Basically your a sponge for liberal propaganda.

Most issues I post you know nothing about, you just run to Google to find your point of view.
I've never seen you have a single independent thought. Only copy and paste from right wing news articles or gibberish Rush Limbaugh said regurgitated.

I will discount any news article I find discrepancies from the truth in. If that involves researching something, I will.

Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Metal Mike's Avatar
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable
Join Date: Jun 2013
 
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Immigrant's are just like anyone else, if you're fearful of other cultures that's your own insecurities. This country is known as the land of opportunity for a reason..
That's not always true, though. A lot of people who immigrate here from third-world shitholes are either too ignorant to understand the difference between this country and the third-world shitholes from whence they came, or they just don't give enough of a shit to change the way that they live.

Case in point: the brother of one of my longest-term friends used to own a lot of rental property in New Orleans. I rented part of a subdivided home from him when I moved back briefly after Katrina, and one of the apartments downstairs was occupied by a number of Mexicans who were fresh in chasing all of the carpentry work that needed to be done after the storm blew through.

There was no trash pick-up where they were originally from, so they would just leave all of their garbage -- some bagged, some not -- on their porch for about a week or so before they policed it up. They did this despite the fact that Waste Management services were up and running in that neighborhood and that the fee was included in their rent. The landlord even made sure that there was a can for each apartment. You can't tell me that they never in all the time they lived there noticed people taking their WM cans out to the curb on garbage day. They simply didn't give a shit, because that's the way of life that they were used to back in their home country.

The same friend I mentioned above also works for a major chain of convention-level hotels in New Orleans, and she's told me a number of stories involving Honduran immigrants who had no indoor plumbing or running water back in their region of origin. These same Hondurans would never flush their toilet paper after they were done using it. They would simply leave the used folded-up wad in the corner of the bathroom.

So to say that those people are just like everyone else is a gross overgeneralization. Regardless of why a third-world shithole is a third-world shithole, the people that immigrate from such regions quite often bring their third-world shithole habits with them when they come here. And that's to say nothing of the immigrants who protest in our streets and carry their country of origin's flag in one hand and signs that say "You Owe Us, America" in the other, yet don't pay a dime in taxes for all of the educational systems and infrastructure from which they benefit and the social services that they receive.

I'm all for cultural pride and the maintenance of one's own heritage, but there's such a thing as assimilation into any country to which one chooses to immigrate. Try going over to France or down to Mexico and demanding that every sign be in English as well as French or Spanish. See how far you get, and take note of how such disrespectful behavior is received by the natives. Then ask yourself why such a double-standard exists on their side of the border but not on ours.

Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:41 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I can see where you're coming from, but a parasitic entity feeds off a host until there is nothing left. They don't contribute in any way, which is something we both know isn't true of immigrants. They take the worst and lowest paying jobs, that's not killing the host nation.

What you could make a parasitic argument about would be the human parasite that's destroying our environment. You could make the same argument for corporate entities parasitic nature with our country, consuming but never giving back.

My question to you, is which is worse? We're stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Wait. I thought you just said parasites feed and don't contribute. How do corporations take but not give back? They employ don't they? They offer benefits don't they?

Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
That's not always true, though. A lot of people who immigrate here from third-world shitholes are either too ignorant to understand the difference between this country and the third-world shitholes from whence they came, or they just don't give enough of a shit to change the way that they live.

Case in point: the brother of one of my longest-term friends used to own a lot of rental property in New Orleans. I rented part of a subdivided home from him when I moved back briefly after Katrina, and one of the apartments downstairs was occupied by a number of Mexicans who were fresh in chasing all of the carpentry work that needed to be done after the storm blew through.

There was no trash pick-up where they were originally from, so they would just leave all of their garbage -- some bagged, some not -- on their porch for about a week or so before they policed it up. They did this despite the fact that Waste Management services were up and running in that neighborhood and that the fee was included in their rent. The landlord even made sure that there was a can for each apartment. You can't tell me that they never in all the time they lived there noticed people taking their WM cans out to the curb on garbage day. They simply didn't give a shit, because that's the way of life that they were used to back in their home country.

The same friend I mentioned above also works for a major chain of convention-level hotels in New Orleans, and she's told me a number of stories involving Honduran immigrants who had no indoor plumbing or running water back in their region of origin. These same Hondurans would never flush their toilet paper after they were done using it. They would simply leave the used folded-up wad in the corner of the bathroom.

So to say that those people are just like everyone else is a gross overgeneralization. Regardless of why a third-world shithole is a third-world shithole, the people that immigrate from such regions quite often bring their third-world shithole habits with them when they come here. And that's to say nothing of the immigrants who protest in our streets and carry their country of origin's flag in one hand and signs that say "You Owe Us, America" in the other, yet don't pay a dime in taxes for all of the educational systems and infrastructure from which they benefit and the social services that they receive.

I'm all for cultural pride and the maintenance of one's own heritage, but there's such a thing as assimilation into any country to which one chooses to immigrate. Try going over to France or down to Mexico and demanding that every sign be in English as well as French or Spanish. See how far you get, and take note of how such disrespectful behavior is received by the natives. Then ask yourself why such a double-standard exists on their side of the border but not on ours.
There are always going to be douche bags in every culture, to categorize every single immigrant from any country in the world as the same is the true overgeneralization.

As far as assimilation, someone just needs to take the time to explain how things work here to those from third world countries. Once they understand, I highly doubt they will continue their actions.

This whole debate is about "legal" immigrants not those who are illegally here. Not sure if the Mexicans you're talking of were legal or not, but I'd bet not. The whole point of immigration reform is to eliminate those illegals. If you're a legal resident paying taxes on your earnings, you're accountable for your actions.

Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:47 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
I've never seen you have a single independent thought. Only copy and paste from right wing news articles or gibberish Rush Limbaugh said regurgitated.

I will discount any news article I find discrepancies from the truth in. If that involves researching something, I will.
I'm pretty sure that post of mine you just quoted would be an independent thought.

You're a hypocrite. You say I'm right wing and if you have to search Google to find a rebuttal than you will. Problem is that's not having independent thought. You look for argument against my opinion by taking someone else's opinion. And your rebuttal is almost always liberal propaganda.

BTW. This is the news section. Everybody copies and paste articles here.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO