Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

I guess what's "wrong" with me is I know what I'm talking about. I know there's many different reasons why people fail. According to you it's because of big evil business. That's the way it's always been. There's always been rich business men getting richer, always. So that's nothing new. There was a time where the American government had to get loans from these rich business men.

Today the only difference is our government regulates our companies to death. That for example is a huge reason why American companies can't compete with foreign companies. Also we bring in millions a year into America. But we don't have millions of jobs to deal out. That's another huge problem the government creates.

One might ask what's wrong with you? Why do you educate yourself with liberal propaganda? Why do you dismiss personal responsibility? Why do you believe so much nonsense? And lastly why do you pretend to know so much about a place you've never lived in?

Old 11-09-2014, 07:08 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I guess what's "wrong" with me is I know what I'm talking about. I know there's many different reasons why people fail. According to you it's because of big evil business. That's the way it's always been. There's always been rich business men getting richer, always. So that's nothing new. There was a time where the American government had to get loans from these rich business men.

Today the only difference is our government regulates our companies to death. That for example is a huge reason why American companies can't compete with foreign companies. Also we bring in millions a year into America. But we don't have millions of jobs to deal out. That's another huge problem the government creates.

One might ask what's wrong with you? Why do you educate yourself with liberal propaganda? Why do you dismiss personal responsibility? Why do you believe so much nonsense? And lastly why do you pretend to know so much about a place you've never lived in?
So once again, the growing income disparity is due to a corresponding growth of lazy unmotivated people ?

That has been growing at EXACTLY the same pace for 40 years ?

What an amazing coincidence.

You know, some people would say that figures like this point to an obvious answer

Old 11-09-2014, 08:45 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677

I'm afraid you're so stuck in a narrow view you don't get there's probably a hundred factors that come into play. Americans not buying American products is one. Cheap credit is another. Allowing millions to come in makes cheap labor extremely competitive. Which keeps wages down. Declines in unionization can also be blamed. Although unionization greed also pushed out millions of skilled jobs.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:09 PM
FakeDad
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6499

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss20

Dude, the Daily Mail is a crock of shit. You're coming off like a gullible idiot.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:13 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeDad View Post
Dude, the Daily Mail is a crock of shit. You're coming off like a gullible idiot.
wtf is the Daily Mail?

Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
I'm afraid you're so stuck in a narrow view you don't get there's probably a hundred factors that come into play. Americans not buying American products is one. Cheap credit is another. Allowing millions to come in makes cheap labor extremely competitive. Which keeps wages down. Declines in unionization can also be blamed. Although unionization greed also pushed out millions of skilled jobs.
I totally agree that there are multiple factors involved in the decline of the middle class, and growing income disparity.
The decline of unionization certainly has a lot to do with it, and I completely agree that most unions have nobody to blame but themselves for that decline.

The interesting thing is that all of the things you mentioned were conservative initiatives.

Free trade ( in my country at least ) was the idea of a conservative government. It has decimated our manufacturing sector.

We also have a huge issue in my country with 3rd world labour coming here to work, and driving down wages in the process. It is know as the TFW ( temporary foreign worker ) program.
This program has intensified greatly in recent years, because the business friendly government allowed it to.

What has not changed is the number of lazy, unmotivated people. If anything, in today's world you NEED to work more hours, and harder, to compete.

The days of a man being able to support his family comfortably on his sole income are gone, and if the breakdown of traditional families is a concern to you then this is obviously is as well.

So how it is that the party of family values backs a vision of the future where both parents must work to support the family?

I don't get it.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:06 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss13677

I'd have to disagree the number of lazy people hasn't grown. Because of entitlements we have a huge freeloader problem here.

There's no doubt opening up our borders to trade hasn't helped us that much. We all love the cheap Chinese crap, but now nothing is made here because of it. No matter what party puts a stop to unfair trade I'd be for it. I think our economic problems are the fault of both parties, I really don't know how you can blame one more. When it comes to our markets being flooded with Chinese shit our debt we owe to China certainly puts America in a spot. They would see us refusing their product as aggressive.

But I agree the days of the all American family is gone. I disagree that believing in families and parents sticking together means both parents don't work. I think it means families stick together and do what they have to do make it. Because sticking together will give you a better chance to make it. And give your children a much greater chance to make it.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:04 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
I'd have to disagree the number of lazy people hasn't grown. Because of entitlements we have a huge freeloader problem here.

There's no doubt opening up our borders to trade hasn't helped us that much. We all love the cheap Chinese crap, but now nothing is made here because of it. No matter what party puts a stop to unfair trade I'd be for it. I think our economic problems are the fault of both parties, I really don't know how you can blame one more. When it comes to our markets being flooded with Chinese shit our debt we owe to China certainly puts America in a spot. They would see us refusing their product as aggressive.

But I agree the days of the all American family is gone. I disagree that believing in families and parents sticking together means both parents don't work. I think it means families stick together and do what they have to do make it. Because sticking together will give you a better chance to make it. And give your children a much greater chance to make it.
I didn't say both parents don't work- I said that BOTH need to work in today's world to have a comfortable lifestyle. Once on a time, a household could live well on 1 income.
I think our generation was the first to grow up in this new world where both parents working was the norm.