Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

In time we will see it get worse. The corporate model is taking over every concept of income. Which will leave majority of people left behind to make end-cap wages.

Minimum wages use to be the youth stepping stone to either a path of advance learning, or for those that choose a different path, could move on to acquire the skills, and knowledge of a business of their own. Now days, and getting worse, the only outlook people have, in just about every field of work, is to be a worker drone for the filthy rich.

Eventually, the middle class wages will be a struggle, and no way to advance beyond that. Use to, people could work hard, get the tools needed, to get a small piece of the pie. That potential is increasingly disappearing.

Corporate lawncare, on the rise even...

Mr Poo, rob666
Old 11-07-2014, 05:21 PM
adhartz
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1586
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss211

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
If he does pass it by executive order. More than 12 million will be eligible for government assistance.

I bet they don't add them to the unemployment percentage either. If he overnight makes more than 12 million people American citizens unemployment number should jump to well over 10%. But I bet Obama cooks the books on the real number.
Unemployment numbers aren't accurate as it is. They only count people who are actively making claims for unemployment, not the people who are still out of work and the 6 - 9 months of benefits have already been used up.

This country is getting closer and closer to civil war with ever executive order this dumbass produces.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Sure. Dropping out of school, tatting up, having kids out of wedlock, criminal records, drug usage, and poor work ethic has nothing to do with it huh..
That is correct, none of that has anything to do with the current system in this country pigeonholing all non-skilled laborers into the same lines of work. Essentially restricting them from any true advancement.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 11-07-2014, 07:45 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21609 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40859

Quote:
He wasn't trying to lower health care costs. He was trying to make the middle class pay for the poors health care. Keep in mind the rich won't need Obama Care, they will keep their private insurance. It's the middle class who got screwed into having little choice, and have to carry the poor.
Bingo.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:31 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
Bingo.
The middle class has been taking all of the hits for the last 35 years..... If they don't pay for it who will? As long as people continue to put anyone that owns a business on a pedestal it will only get worse.

The only thing that has changed is the top few percent are getting far, far richer and the middles class is shrinking.
Not having access to healthcare doesn't help people get a hand either.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 11-08-2014, 11:10 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

The bigger picture for those middle class levels Businesses not being put on a pedestal. Or at least protected.

Those businesses were what kept a healthy circulation of jobs, and money within that bracket.
Now that most of your businesses are suffering from corporate take over, it not only hurts the circulation, it kills jobs for both the middle class, as well as the lower class labor force.

When corporations take over, they develop ridiculous standards on their workforce. Special licensing, training, schooling, for shit you use to be able to just show up at a job site to do.

To get in their "middle class" pay bracket, you will still be required to jump through a million hoops, classes, schooling, when use too, all you had to do was work for someone for a few years, learn the ropes, and work your way up. Now you'll watch kids pass you up fresh out of trade schools, even though you have been there for 10+ years.

Then it don't stop there. Corporations, with money, and influence to both state and federal law makers, create ridiculous laws that prevent anyone small to operate effectively without constantly losing their asses. So essentially, small business owners, that have corporate level competition in the end, makes just as much money as if they were still working an end cap waged job. So now people even with capital to start a business, sees no point in it.

rob666
Old 11-08-2014, 12:03 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Right, because all the working poor are lazy, unmotivated, have no education, use drugs etc etc....

I guess these people have been growing in numbers at EXACTLY the same rate as wage disparity has been growing, and inflation has been outpacing minimum wage.
What an amazing coincidence
Right. So the fact that children being born into single parent homes and high-school drop out rates have increased dramatically has nothing to do with it. You don't want to admit that many poor people are poor because of their decisions, and their mistakes. Instead you want to just blame the system. A system in which millions and millions succeed in. A system people flood from poor countries to join.
Sure the system needs to be addressed to see what can be done to help. But that help shouldn't come at the expense of those who succeed.

And the narrative that the only reason people fail in life is because of a broken system is plain ignorance. There's many different reasons. And for millions of poor one of those reasons is themselves.

It's impossible to have a real discussion on this topic if you just dismiss facts. I live here rob. I've known hundreds of people and witnesses their progression through life from when we were children to now. And almost everyone of them who've failed in securing a decent job, or who are living in poverty are doing so because of their decisions. The only thing I've seen that's unfair is some people get saved because they were lucky enough to be children of caring parents who would pick them up.

Which brings me to the most important reason for so many living in poverty. The break down of a family unit working together to make it. Marriage and families sticking together has no significance in today's society.

I'm not saying that this is the only problem. But it damn sure is a huge problem.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:48 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

And I'm not without being bullied by big business. I've felt that things aren't fair. I recently expanded my business and wanted to purchase products direct rather than paying a distributor more. Well there's a company in my area who has a stake in a Chinese factory who supplies them direct. That makes them a whole seller of that product. But they also have a retail business carrying that same product. In my opinion that's a conflict of interest. Because they won't sell me product through their wholesale division because they don't want to compete with me in resale. They'll sell to someone 100 miles away but not to me because I'm 25 miles away. And because they are a huge company they have friends who made it difficult to find another supplier because they all watch each others backs when another company looks to compete with any of them.
I understand it but it makes starting a business very tough when you're looking to take a bite out of big businesses profits. I don't think you should be allowed to own the factory and sell factory direct, own the distribution centers that supply wholesale, and resale businesses all in the same market. It allows that one company to basically control the market and makes it a unfair field for everyone else. I eventually got my product, $26,000 of product was too tempting so a company broke ranks and made me a deal.
But as a middle class business owner, the field is made a lot tougher by government regulations and taxes. The system is set up to tax profit at the highest percentage in the world. And for middle class business owners like myself we don't have the attorneys and slick accountants to beat the system. And you can't blame the companies who take advantage of the system, the blame is on our government who made the system.

But can you really blame the government. The world is much different today. American companies aren't only competing against other American companies. America is being flooded with product produced by low wage workers, which makes it impossible for American companies to raise wages and compete. Virtually every material product produced in America is produced somewhere else cheaper. That's another big reason America has poor job situations.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:29 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

I don't think anyone here is suggesting people's decisions are NOT what makes them sit in poverty, I am sure most agree that there are plenty of people that if given the chance they would excel far and beyond.

But the sink or swim mentality doesn't work in today's society, not with how our economical structure has evolved.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:58 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Right. So the fact that children being born into single parent homes and high-school drop out rates have increased dramatically has nothing to do with it. You don't want to admit that many poor people are poor because of their decisions, and their mistakes. Instead you want to just blame the system. A system in which millions and millions succeed in. A system people flood from poor countries to join.
Sure the system needs to be addressed to see what can be done to help. But that help shouldn't come at the expense of those who succeed.

And the narrative that the only reason people fail in life is because of a broken system is plain ignorance. There's many different reasons. And for millions of poor one of those reasons is themselves.

It's impossible to have a real discussion on this topic if you just dismiss facts. I live here rob. I've known hundreds of people and witnesses their progression through life from when we were children to now. And almost everyone of them who've failed in securing a decent job, or who are living in poverty are doing so because of their decisions. The only thing I've seen that's unfair is some people get saved because they were lucky enough to be children of caring parents who would pick them up.

Which brings me to the most important reason for so many living in poverty. The break down of a family unit working together to make it. Marriage and families sticking together has no significance in today's society.

I'm not saying that this is the only problem. But it damn sure is a huge problem.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
winvens