Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I'll always be on the fence about immigration. Especially in a time, where we are evolving into more stricter standards as far as job placement.
Job growth continues to look good though..

*Job Listings Up 3.17% in October 2014.

*Every major metro experienced job growth. Job openings increased in all of the 25 largest U.S. metros in October 2014. The largest month-over-month gains were Chicago (5.97%) and Detroit (5.89%).

*Most industries and occupations post gains. A strong majority of industries (15 out of 18) experienced month-over-month growth in job openings in October 2014, with non-profit (13.05%) and real estate (9.61%) showing the largest rise. Job openings increased in 42 out of 54 occupation categories. Firefighters (13.55%) and nurses (13.01%) roles experienced the largest amount of growth month-over-month.

*Healthcare reigns as industry with greatest job inventory. Nearly one-half of the top posting companies in October 2014 were healthcare-related. There were also a significant number of job openings at financial services and academic institutions.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:57 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4575 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Job growth continues to look good though..

*Job Listings Up 3.17% in October 2014.

*Every major metro experienced job growth. Job openings increased in all of the 25 largest U.S. metros in October 2014. The largest month-over-month gains were Chicago (5.97%) and Detroit (5.89%).

*Most industries and occupations post gains. A strong majority of industries (15 out of 18) experienced month-over-month growth in job openings in October 2014, with non-profit (13.05%) and real estate (9.61%) showing the largest rise. Job openings increased in 42 out of 54 occupation categories. Firefighters (13.55%) and nurses (13.01%) roles experienced the largest amount of growth month-over-month.

*Healthcare reigns as industry with greatest job inventory. Nearly one-half of the top posting companies in October 2014 were healthcare-related. There were also a significant number of job openings at financial services and academic institutions.

You're missing what i am saying. Things are getting stricter on getting jobs above mindless general labor level jobs. Even your job improvement rhetoric shows, most of the new jobs brought to the table, are not that of which a 3r world country immigrant would be able to jump into.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
You're missing what i am saying. Things are getting stricter on getting jobs above mindless general labor level jobs. Even your job improvement rhetoric shows, most of the new jobs brought to the table, are not that of which a 3r world country immigrant would be able to jump into.
I do realize many of the new jobs created are technical in nature, which gives an advantage to citizens familiar with it. If more Americans get technical jobs who will fill the void of those minimum wage jobs? Who will shovel cow shit from the dairies for minimum wage and a requirement of living on site?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 11-05-2014, 08:03 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11713

Quote:
I do realize many of the new jobs created are technical in nature, which gives an advantage to citizens familiar with it. If more Americans get technical jobs who will fill the void of those minimum wage jobs? Who will shovel cow shit from the dairies for minimum wage and a requirement of living on site?
That alone is a growing issue in the US, is even our citizens are not going beyond general labor skills, namely because of the growing stricter stipulations imposed on some paths.

So essentially, we have more and more general laborers to fill the spots.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
That alone is a growing issue in the US, is even our citizens are not going beyond general labor skills, namely because of the growing stricter stipulations imposed on some paths.

So essentially, we have more and more general laborers to feel the spots.
People will have to learn to evolve or live in poverty. That wouldn't be a problem if we had a living minimum wage. People would actually be able to sustain themselves from jobs that aren't skilled labor. Since that's not the case, we pigeonhole all non-skilled laborers into the same lines of work. Essentially restricting them from any true advancement.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:15 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11713

Quote:
People will have to learn to evolve or live in poverty. That wouldn't be a problem if we had a living minimum wage. People would actually be able to sustain themselves from jobs that aren't skilled labor. Since that's not the case, we pigeonhole all non-skilled laborers into the same lines of work. Essentially restricting them from any true advancement.
Yea, well all I'm saying we have more than enough issues to be concerned on before just opening flood gates. Thats my only negative stance on this.

I myself am having to deal with immigration. So my views are far from rightwing anti-immigration arguments.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Yea, well all I'm saying we have more than enough issues to be concerned on before just opening flood gates. Thats my only negative stance on this.

I myself am having to deal with immigration. So my views are far from rightwing anti-immigration arguments.
I agree with that as well.. Only problem with congress is getting them to actually do ANYTHING. I think the real issue is fixing our broken system, then we can work on any issue actually proactively.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:10 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Sure. Dropping out of school, tatting up, having kids out of wedlock, criminal records, drug usage, and poor work ethic has nothing to do with it huh..

Old 11-07-2014, 01:36 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
This is the issue- a person can increase their education, look presentable, and do everything possible to get a better job....... But at the end of the day, there are only so many positions at the top, and this is the way it will always be.

The way our society is structured, we need people to do the smaller things that contribute to it.

There is no reason a person should not make a living wage for working a hard 40 hour week.

Minimum wage is miles behind inflation, and still falling.

At what point will people look around and realize that when we were at our most prosperous was the same time a family could live a comfortable life on 1 income?

We've given that up so that billionaires can throw a few billion more on their piles, and let them convince a sizeable number of us that somehow this is to our benefit

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo, winvens
Old 11-07-2014, 01:39 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Sure. Dropping out of school, tatting up, having kids out of wedlock, criminal records, drug usage, and poor work ethic has nothing to do with it huh..
Right, because all the working poor are lazy, unmotivated, have no education, use drugs etc etc....

I guess these people have been growing in numbers at EXACTLY the same rate as wage disparity has been growing, and inflation has been outpacing minimum wage.
What an amazing coincidence

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo, winvens