Go Back  

What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #141  
Old 11-03-2014, 08:25 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
The military is by FAR the largest expenditure in the budget. There is no room anywhere else to cut anything.

The right wants to cut welfare get the fuck outta here.
Bush enacted the single biggest welfare expansion since the creation of Medicare when he enacted Medicare part D..... A trillion dollars worth of unfounded pure debt by 2020.

They all voted for it, Santorum, warren hatch, Boehner, delay, and mr budget himself Paul Ryan.

What a fucking joke.
You're a joke. You champion Obama Care as something great. Then bash Medicare part d. You mean you're against subsidizing prescription cost for the elderly and poor. But you're for subsidizing all healthcare including prescriptions because a Democrat did it.

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 11-04-2014, 04:03 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Bread and milk isnt a right, it is protected under consumer rights protections, healthcare isn't. If we made helthcare a consumer rights deal, the cost goes down.
So why not do it?

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-04-2014, 04:08 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You're a joke. You champion Obama Care as something great. Then bash Medicare part d. You mean you're against subsidizing prescription cost for the elderly and poor. But you're for subsidizing all healthcare including prescriptions because a Democrat did it.
I'm not championing him at all

I'm just pointing out the massive inconsistencies in your statements.

So I guess when seniors get government money for healthcare it's called subsidization, but when it's poor young people it's called welfare?

A handout is a handout.
Bush's handout is going to add a trillion directly on the debt by 2020, because the funding was NEVER even in place.
And unfortunately, seniors vote more than any other demographic so eliminating this handout equals political suicide for any party that tries.

Republicans the party of fiscal responsibility? The record says otherwise. Creating a trillion dollar unfounded liability to buy votes, while doing NOTHING to reign in healthcare costs ( thus ensuring massive profits are maintained ) is the epitome irresponsible.

Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-04-2014, 04:24 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4575 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11713
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
So why not do it?
Unfortunately the entrenched income big medical companies has gotten, they won't lay down too that type of idealism.

Neither the left, nor the right even has that idealism on the books.

Republicans vote in favor of medical companies to capitalize however they wish.

So does the Democrats, just they are pushing for the the middle class to pay the cost for those who can't afford it. (their idea of universal healthcare)

No one wants universal healthcare simply because we can't afford it. In order to make it work, the healthcare industry would have to accept HUGE cuts in their normal price gouging practice.

Hell, if they simply did the cuts, people here could easily afford most, if not all medical needs. Insurance companies wouldn't need to rape people, and try to avoid huge payouts. And universal healthcare wouldn't really be an issue.

My aunt has breast cancer. A year of treatment, and her medical cost breakdown had 21 thousand dollars, just in "medical misc."

Medical misc. is essentially syringes, wraps, swabs, tubes, etc. My dad is the medical director of safety and emergency, for a company contracted through Haliburton. He was partly responsible for ordering supplies, and said 21k USD of medical misc, would yield 10 pallets of boxes stacked 8 feet tall

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-04-2014, 05:39 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Unfortunately the entrenched income big medical companies has gotten, they won't lay down too that type of idealism.

Neither the left, nor the right even has that idealism on the books.

Republicans vote in favor of medical companies to capitalize however they wish.

So does the Democrats, just they are pushing for the the middle class to pay the cost for those who can't afford it. (their idea of universal healthcare)

No one wants universal healthcare simply because we can't afford it. In order to make it work, the healthcare industry would have to accept HUGE cuts in their normal price gouging practice.

Hell, if they simply did the cuts, people here could easily afford most, if not all medical needs. Insurance companies wouldn't need to rape people, and try to avoid huge payouts. And universal healthcare wouldn't really be an issue.

My aunt has breast cancer. A year of treatment, and her medical cost breakdown had 21 thousand dollars, just in "medical misc."

Medical misc. is essentially syringes, wraps, swabs, tubes, etc. My dad is the medical director of safety and emergency, for a company contracted through Haliburton. He was partly responsible for ordering supplies, and said 21k USD of medical misc, would yield 10 pallets of boxes stacked 8 feet tall
Just asking, but is a government run, break even healthcare option going to work? Seems great from my outside perspective.
It gives the for profit corporations something to compete with?

Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-04-2014, 05:58 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4575 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11713
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Just asking, but is a government run, break even healthcare option going to work? Seems great from my outside perspective.
It gives the for profit corporations something to compete with?
A government ran "extended medical" care facility would be plausible imo, with heavy stipulations of course..But a standard medical practice wouldn't. The cost it would be to build enough hospitals, staff, doctors etc, would be insane to attempt putting in every city.

Even if you peppered the nation with a few here and there, they wouldn't be able to handle the demand.

We already have clinics that are burdened with high demand.

The competition would absolutely be there though, people would cheat the system, and someone that could easily afford the pay-for-care would drop off the financial grid to get into state funded extended health facilities.

Then the competitive wages. Medical staff already feel they are "underpaid" I can't imagine any of them willing to work on government wages. The ones that do, probably are not going to offer the best care. Think of it as a 'Public defender" with your health in his hands.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
It's not the fact you don't ever defend a right policy, it's that you obsessively attack them.

And remember you said it's not for amnesty. You conveniently left out that 9 million are to be ordered the first year. So we're talking 13 million in two years, with 4 million a year to follow. That's 3 times the amount you say is needed.
Just to be clear. You're saying Obama isn't going to give amnesty to millions of illegals through executive order right?
We already order 3 million a year, it's not some giant leap. I can't tell you what Obama is going to do because I'm not a psychic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
As a independent Poo you should be excited about the possibility of a Republican lead Congress. Because you'll finally get that immigration reform bill. And it would put bills on Obama's desk where he can't hide from them, and Harry Reid can't refuse a vote on them.
I'm super excited!! Hopefully they become majority so we can repeal all climate change legislation, ban abortion, shoot any invaders at the border on site and send troops back into the middle east!! Wahoo!!

Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODISNOTGREAT View Post
You're definitely a Democrat...

Judging from your thread though, where you compared Republicans to the Nazis, I dont know if you really understand what the difference is between Democrats and Republicans. You pigeonhole all Republicans in a binary and are grossly bias, as is evident by that thread I just previously mentioned.

You want big government. You want the state to intervene in nearly all aspects of your life. You feel that the government should provide you and everybody else with a certain standard of living... Thats a Democrat.
You're saying I'm pigeonholing all Republicans as you pigeonhole all Democrats trying to convince myself of my own allegiance to them..

I do not want big government. I do not want the state to intervene in every aspect of my life. I don't feel the government should provide a standard of living. Completely wrong on every aspect.

As I've stated before I believe we should do away with welfare altogether.. That's my belief because I'm such a Democratic sheep right?

Try to mock my understanding of Democrats and Republicans because of a simple comparison? Seems awful presumptuous of you to conclude so much.

Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 11-04-2014, 07:49 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
We already order 3 million a year, it's not some giant leap. I can't tell you what Obama is going to do because I'm not a psychic.



I'm super excited!! Hopefully they become majority so we can repeal all climate change legislation, ban abortion, shoot any invaders at the border on site and send troops back into the middle east!! Wahoo!!
You're such a radical leftist

Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 11-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You're such a radical leftist
You had to edit even that comment..


Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO