Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: What's Obama Cooking? I Think It's Obvious💃

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You just say things that are just dumb. Just because there was immigration reform under Reagan doesn't mean this is the same. You would know that if you would actually compare what happened then and what Obama is trying to do now.

You can't compare Obama to Reagan. Reagan was a leader who got Congress to work together, who tried to bring Americans together. Obama doesn't want to work with anybody. He wants to rule over America.
How can you not compare Immigration reform with amnesty, the exact same topic but with different presidents?

You really need to calm down on watching/listening/reading whatever right wing rhetoric it is that's filling your mind with this non-sense. If you truly believe Obama is trying to rule America like a king, you've lost your mind.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:10 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4572 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
10/11 ssss11698

Quote:
When midterms are over I will show you. And I'm sure you'll deflect.
Somehow I believe this ploy isn't for short term reflections. More so long term anticipation.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:09 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Somehow I believe this ploy isn't for short term reflections. More so long term anticipation.
It absolutely is for long term benefit. But Obama only has a short time left in office to get it done. He's not after any real immigration reform. He's after getting as many minorities here and legal as he can. That's why we no longer even enforce our immigration laws. We don't stop people from crossing the borders. Because he wants to get as many in before he goes for his pen.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:16 AM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
How can you not compare Immigration reform with amnesty, the exact same topic but with different presidents?

You really need to calm down on watching/listening/reading whatever right wing rhetoric it is that's filling your mind with this non-sense. If you truly believe Obama is trying to rule America like a king, you've lost your mind.
So if a old lady driving on ice roads loses control and dies. And on the other side of the country a drunk driver driving wreck less crashes and dies. You can compare the two as both just being similar car accidents?

Just because they both involve a car doesn't mean they are the same or comparable. Just because the result was similar in both accidents doesn't make them comparable.
Because the way it happened and the reason it happened are far far different.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:13 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
You just say things that are just dumb. Just because there was immigration reform under Reagan doesn't mean this is the same. You would know that if you would actually compare what happened then and what Obama is trying to do now.

You can't compare Obama to Reagan. Reagan was a leader who got Congress to work together, who tried to bring Americans together. Obama doesn't want to work with anybody. He wants to rule over America.
Reagan

Iran contra
HUD rigging scandal
Tripled the national debt

Yeah, he was great.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 10-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
So if a old lady driving on ice roads loses control and dies. And on the other side of the country a drunk driver driving wreck less crashes and dies. You can compare the two as both just being similar car accidents?

Just because they both involve a car doesn't mean they are the same or comparable. Just because the result was similar in both accidents doesn't make them comparable.
Because the way it happened and the reason it happened are far far different.
So you're trying to make the argument that you can't compare two car accidents because they happened different ways? Do you not know what it means to compare something?

They are both car accidents, regardless of the reason for the accident. The comparability comes from the fact that they share that they are both accidents. The same can be said for the past and present immigration reform bills.

Can you not compare football players if one is a star starter that gets injured and the other is a bench warmer that gets injured? The star got injured in the game but the bench warmer got injured during practice. We can't compare them though because they aren't EXACTLY the same?

Old 10-29-2014, 09:47 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Reagan

Iran contra
HUD rigging scandal
Tripled the national debt

Yeah, he was great.
He was. He had to follow a president who many say was our worst President. And instead of splitting the country and pointing fingers he put America on track for some of its largest growth and prosperity.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:50 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
So you're trying to make the argument that you can't compare two car accidents because they happened different ways? Do you not know what it means to compare something?

They are both car accidents, regardless of the reason for the accident. The comparability comes from the fact that they share that they are both accidents. The same can be said for the past and present immigration reform bills.

Can you not compare football players if one is a star starter that gets injured and the other is a bench warmer that gets injured? The star got injured in the game but the bench warmer got injured during practice. We can't compare them though because they aren't EXACTLY the same?
No. Not because they happened different ways. Because they happened for different reasons. One is truly a accident. The other is extreme negligence and poor judgment.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
No. Not because they happened different ways. Because they happened for different reasons. One is truly a accident. The other is extreme negligence and poor judgment.
They are still both car accidents..

So the lady that was hit by the drunk driver was extremely negligent and had poor judgement?

You really need some help with your analogies..

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 10-29-2014, 10:03 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
They are still both car accidents..

So the lady that was hit by the drunk driver was extremely negligent and had poor judgement?

You really need some help with your analogies..
What lady are you speaking of? Maybe you should read more carefully, perhaps get some help. I didn't say anything about a lady getting hit by a drunk driver.