Go Back  

We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #31  
Old 09-20-2014, 03:42 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-hearted Girl View Post
It's all semantics really. World War III probably won't be named that until historians decide.

If you talk about the "Vietnam War" to someone in Vietnam, they ask "which one?". They tend to call it the "American War".
Yes. As I have been saying, the term WW2 was NOT coined on the day after Pearl Harbor. I don't think it was used for years, but I don't know exactly how long.

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-20-2014, 06:17 PM
ralucagymnast's Avatar
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289
Join Date: Jun 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Fig. 1.4. An air burst. Thefireball does not touch the ground. No crater. An air burst produces only extremely small radioactive particles-so small that they are airborne for days to years unless brought to earth by rain or snow. Wet deposition of fallout from both surface and air bursts can result in '"hot spots" at, close to, or far from ground zero. However, such '"hot spots" from air bursts are much less dangerous than the fallout produced by the surface or near-surface bursting of the same weapons.

The main dangers from an air burst are the blast effects, the thermal pulses of intense light and heat radiation, and the very penetrating initial nuclear radiation from the fireball. ORNL.DWG 78.6267

So like i said, more dangerous to people closest to the blast site, less too those further than that of a surface. Surface blast creates the radioactive dust particles that stay airborne for longer distances with wind, and blast force. Air blast, the particles are idle in the atmosphere.

The idea of air-burst is for a broader range of downward gamma heat, and stronger penetration of gamma rays. not so much the effects of fallout. So yea, you get bigger bang for you buck, but not in a sense of fall out dangers.

Ground blast create a crater, losing over half their blast potential, and more focused on spreading fallout as far as possible. but in truth, fallout isn't an issue for people after particles spread so far a part that most people gets minimal effects.
Also an airburst can create something called a "precursor"; very strong, damaging winds of 500 mph or more. Its an unusual effect caused by atmospheric conditions, and to drag-sensitive targets and objects it can be devastating. On top of all the other devastation caused by nuclear weapons, that is.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
winvens
  #33  
Old 09-20-2014, 06:20 PM
ralucagymnast's Avatar
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289
Join Date: Jun 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

"I would love to tell you how many countries we are currently active in with our military, but I couldn't do it if my life depended on it. I can tell you it's AT LEAST 10."

Oh please tell!!!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-20-2014, 11:50 PM
Blewvane's Avatar
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Yes. As I have been saying, the term WW2 was NOT coined on the day after Pearl Harbor. I don't think it was used for years, but I don't know exactly how long.
Maybe it wasn't first used that day because the war had been going for 2 years.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Lion-hearted Girl
  #35  
Old 09-20-2014, 11:50 PM
Pyramid_Head's Avatar
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-hearted Girl View Post
Haven't we all known this? It took an expert to predict?
Pretty much what I was gonna say.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Lion-hearted Girl
  #36  
Old 09-21-2014, 12:10 AM
hal0mega's Avatar
hal0mega
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:404
Join Date: Feb 2009
 
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

We've been on the brink since the end of the 2nd one.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hal0mega For This Useful Post:
Lion-hearted Girl, winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By hal0mega:
GODISNOTGREAT
  #37  
Old 09-21-2014, 12:28 AM
Lion-hearted Girl's Avatar
facta non verba
Poster Rank:31
Femme
Join Date: Feb 2012
Contributions: 56
 
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 8381 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23848
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0mega View Post
We've been on the brink since the end of the 2nd one.
Thank you

__________________
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Lion-hearted Girl's Avatar
facta non verba
Poster Rank:31
Femme
Join Date: Feb 2012
Contributions: 56
 
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 8381 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23848
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Yes. As I have been saying, the term WW2 was NOT coined on the day after Pearl Harbor. I don't think it was used for years, but I don't know exactly how long.
Do you want some "I said it first" points? My apologies, your posts are so long they are painful, so I guess I missed it. Can you show me where you said that? Thanks

__________________
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-21-2014, 01:22 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Maybe it wasn't first used that day because the war had been going for 2 years.
Here we go again. English problems. Obviously you aren't aware, but people in the U.S. who know that Pearl Harbor is what got us involved in WW2 can easily be influenced to believe that is the day WW2 started. In fact if you asked the VAST majority of Americans today when WW2 started, they wouldn't have an answer.

If you said in the same conversation that we were bombed in Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7th, they would say it was that day or Dec. 8th is started. Lol, sad BUT TRUE!

Just listen to that fucktard sarah palin who I was debating about in another thread. She thinks Paul Revere was warning the British to not take our guns, lol.

That's the sad state of the state of historical knowledge in the U.S. right now. The worst part is, not many of her supporters even caught it when she said it. They just said "that's my girl, you tell em!" Lol.

HOWEVER, it does give me some hope that American's aren't the dumbest people on earth when I see people on this site from other countries say completely fucking moronic things too.

Yes, it's sad, BUT MUCH as I have said in many of my posts, counting on someone to be knowledgeable is for someone who is dumb their self. Especially this generation. Unless someone texted the fucking info to them, they don't know it!

I don't think any country is churning out geniuses by the thousands anymore, but sadly enough, the U.S. is as at the very bottom of the charts in many areas including education.

That unfortunately is yet another natural byproduct of trying to be the leader of the world for so many decades. While many other countries just sit on the sidelines and bitch about how we do it.

So basically because I made you two look bad in the other thread because you don't debate with facts, you're going to come into this thread and try to make ME look like the one that's stupid? That's REALLY mature Blew. For someone who uses the joker as their pic on here, I would think you would have a sense of humor.

Also, I must ask Blew, how do you have so much time to respond on here considering you're surrounded by jihadists in your neighborhood? I would think you would be forming the militia and setting up defenses on your home block.

Is the Australian government still managing to contain that bad motherfucker that the 1000 or so officers arrested?

Shall we send a few seal teams to back you guys up against him? Lol. Stop getting butt hurt Blew! If you can't laugh about that, you need to take a time out and meditate, drink something, smoke something or whatever the hell you do to relax. Stop letting the government get you so wound up. That's JUST what they want and look how beautifully it works!

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-21-2014, 01:46 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-hearted Girl View Post
Do you want some "I said it first" points? My apologies, your posts are so long they are painful, so I guess I missed it. Can you show me where you said that? Thanks
REALLY is this the best you can deal me? This is just sad. All I said was, I had previously said that. If you're wondering where I said that, it was another thread. If you're concerned about where, go find it. I'm not going to waste my time just to have you say something else silly that has nothing to do with the point at hand.

Stop trying to make something out of nothing because you looked like an idiot (self inflicted) in the other thread.

I don't hold a grudge from one thread to another, but if you want to debate everywhere we both go, I can accommodate you. You MIGHT want to ask yourself if that's what you really want though. I would think you would have learned already that I'm not an easy target.

I will NEVER be ashamed to over explain or go too deep into the facts to explain why I consider what I am saying is true. Versus the worthless "opinionated" dribble that so many post on here and try to push it off as good debating. All of it said within two paragraphs so even the dumbest and most highly affected ADD victims can understand. We don't want to bore them with details and FACTS is the battle cry of today! Lol.

I'm not singling anyone specific out, it's done by the majority it seems. EVERYWHERE, not just here. It's a fucking epidemic and it makes people look dumb and uneducated. It's a worldwide problem I have found.


PS, to Lion & Blew specifically,

When you continually say things like you don't read my posts completely, at all or they are too long, etc. What I actually here you saying is that you have ADD and you aren't intelligent enough to read that much and keep a thought flowing.

NOT ONCE have I ever felt insulted when you two say that. I just laugh and make a comment to myself about how proudly ignorant people can be. That's just an FYI. Also, I don't give much credit to people on here that can't say anything without smiley faces to make their point. I grew out of that around the first grade myself.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO