Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: We Are on the Brink of a Third World War, Experts Warn

Quote:
Originally Posted by have2poo View Post
Well reputable sites like those have embedded adds and banners, not pop-ups. When a site has them in that fashion, it means that's how they make their money..

Regardless of that, we are in a crazy period in history but I don't think WWIII is in the near future. The only way that would happen, would be all out war with Russia. Both US and Russia know it would mean insane amounts of destruction and likely end in nuclear disaster.

What may start up again is the Cold War II. One in which we fight proxy wars against Russia. It's far less dangerous than an actual war with Russia, so we have much less to fear.

When it comes to ISIS, they are just a thorn in the side with no real risk. It's a shitty situation in that part of the world but we won't let ISIS get away with publicly taking swings at us with the beheadings. We are working with Iran now to get rid of them, that's a step in a good direction. If we get relations with Iran back, we've won something more valuable than a simple Democracy in Iraq.
As far as any type of computer security guarantees, I certainly don't give those out for ANY site or anytime for that matter. Especially if you're on a windows system. But of course I would never intentionally send someone to a bad site.

I went to Mac about 7 years ago and have never looked back. Plus I run script and trace blockers out the ass. So I don't worry about any security threats online short of the government themselves.

When it comes to politics, it's all a guessing game. As far as WW3, it's getting VERY close to be universally accepted that we are there. Some people such as myself are ONLY up for discussing how far along we are into it. I debated whether we were there starting 4 months ago.

This is an old subject to me, lol. I just started this post because FINALLY analysts and even the pope are going public and saying it's happening.

It vindicates me for the past 5 years. I've been predicting this so closely that I have scared myself with it, lol. I have a few friends right now that don't even want me to remind them how far back I predicted this, lol.

I EVEN got almost all of the countries involved and who was on who's side right. With about 90% accuracy. This is one prediction that I can ONLY wish I got 100% wrong though.

At any rate, it's a GIANT fucking shit sandwich and we are ALL taking a bite of it. Worldwide it appears. Which is yet more proof it's WW3!

Old 09-19-2014, 08:41 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725

i posted this in the other thread, but fits best here.

A good illustration on how much damage a nuke would actually do. the difference between surface blast, and air blast etc.
http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p912.htm

Russia has 1,600 / 8,000 (active) And Intel has stated their targets are mostly aimed at heavy military installations, and a handful of power grids. Most of their detonation plans are set to "air blast" which means less fall out worries for people a few miles from blast site, more worries of gamma rays for people closer.

So nuke away
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

An_Empty_Memory
Old 09-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
i posted this in the other thread, but fits best here.

A good illustration on how much damage a nuke would actually do. the difference between surface blast, and air blast etc.
http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p912.htm

Russia has 1,600 / 8,000 (active) And Intel has stated their targets are mostly aimed at heavy military installations, and a handful of power grids. Most of their detonation plans are set to "air blast" which means less fall out worries for people a few miles from blast site, more worries of gamma rays for people closer.

So nuke away
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
An air burst (detonating a bomb above the surface) would produce far more damage and death via radioactive fallout than one detonating at ground level. The exact opposite of what you said..

Old 09-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post

The best argument against putting too much money into gold and it ALWAYS wins the debate is "How much gold would you give for a loaf of bread when you haven't eaten in a week or more?". One ounce? Two ounces? 16 ounces? Lol. Think about it.

So stockpile a couple of guns and ammo and food and water. Of course there are countless other things. Like toiletries, flash light, etc. I could name thousands. These people that think if they invest in several guns are wasting their money and time.

If it ever gets that bad and it comes to a life and death situation, they will VERY quickly find out that they only have two hands.

Which is good for either two handguns or one rifle. Yet some of them will have dozens of guns. People never cease to amaze me.
I wouldn't bother with gold, rather invest in ammunition and a few good firearms. If someone has something i want i just shoot them and take it. That's the way i roll.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
azdesertsnake01, bdjackass318, ralucagymnast
Old 09-19-2014, 10:31 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725

Quote:
Originally Posted by have2poo View Post
An air burst (detonating a bomb above the surface) would produce far more damage and death via radioactive fallout than one detonating at ground level. The exact opposite of what you said..
Fig. 1.4. An air burst. Thefireball does not touch the ground. No crater. An air burst produces only extremely small radioactive particles-so small that they are airborne for days to years unless brought to earth by rain or snow. Wet deposition of fallout from both surface and air bursts can result in '"hot spots" at, close to, or far from ground zero. However, such '"hot spots" from air bursts are much less dangerous than the fallout produced by the surface or near-surface bursting of the same weapons.

The main dangers from an air burst are the blast effects, the thermal pulses of intense light and heat radiation, and the very penetrating initial nuclear radiation from the fireball. ORNL.DWG 78.6267

So like i said, more dangerous to people closest to the blast site, less too those further than that of a surface. Surface blast creates the radioactive dust particles that stay airborne for longer distances with wind, and blast force. Air blast, the particles are idle in the atmosphere.

The idea of air-burst is for a broader range of downward gamma heat, and stronger penetration of gamma rays. not so much the effects of fallout. So yea, you get bigger bang for you buck, but not in a sense of fall out dangers.

Ground blast create a crater, losing over half their blast potential, and more focused on spreading fallout as far as possible. but in truth, fallout isn't an issue for people after particles spread so far a part that most people gets minimal effects.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:11 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
I wouldn't bother with gold, rather invest in ammunition and a few good firearms. If someone has something i want i just shoot them and take it. That's the way i roll.
You point out something that I almost already quoted from a survivalist friend from the 90's. Don't be concerned about getting the best and most guns. All you need is a single 22 calibre. You can get a bigger gun by using that one in a war situation if you know what you're doing, lol.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

To Doomsday Preppers.

If i survive the initial incident, i would like to thank all you preppers in advance for stockpiling gear for me. All attractive healthy females between the age of 18 - 40 i come accross should surrender to me, you will live longer and be loved repeatedly.

Sincerely, your pal Blewvane.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:14 PM
subhuman
Offline:
★☆☆☆☆
Poster Rank:268

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3091

How many countries need to be involved before a war is considered a World War?

Old 09-20-2014, 02:41 PM
facta non verba
Poster Rank:31
Femme
Contributions: 56

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 8381 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23848

It's all semantics really. World War III probably won't be named that until historians decide.

If you talk about the "Vietnam War" to someone in Vietnam, they ask "which one?". They tend to call it the "American War".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lion-hearted Girl For This Useful Post:
subhuman, winvens
Old 09-20-2014, 03:40 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaan View Post
How many countries need to be involved before a war is considered a World War?
I doubt that there is an official number, but I can tell you there are already FAR more countries at war now than during WW2. ESPECIALLY if you count how many countries the U.S. is in.

I would love to tell you how many countries we are currently active in with our military, but I couldn't do it if my life depended on it. I can tell you it's AT LEAST 10.

Of course the degrees of our involvement vary. From seal type missions to take out islamic leaders to what is going on in iraq, etc. Don't forget, we are active in pakistan, mogadishu, somalia, blah blah blah. The list goes on, lol.

Even 99% of Americans don't give it much thought. Off the top of their heads, they usually can quote 2 or 3 countries that we are in and they think that's the complete list. Those are JUST the major ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
subhuman