Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Re: Wayne Static Dead

I was never really a fan but had a lot of fun everytime I saw them live

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
Old 11-12-2014, 07:42 PM
spycosis
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:683
XY

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss783

I've never heard of Static-X or powerman5000. They sound like the sort of dodgy food supplements that bodybuilders use.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spycosis For This Useful Post:
commondenom, hal0mega, winvens
Old 11-13-2014, 07:38 AM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:375
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1929

Quote:
Originally Posted by spycosis View Post
I've never heard of Static-X or powerman5000. They sound like the sort of dodgy food supplements that bodybuilders use.
In the era of YouTube, I find it hard to believe that you couldn't have at least watched one vid related to Static-X before demonstrating such eloquent inscience.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:15 PM
spycosis
Offline:
XY

Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss783

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkPumpkin View Post
In the era of YouTube, I find it hard to believe that you couldn't have at least watched one vid related to Static-X before demonstrating such eloquent inscience.
Believe it. It may have appeared in the list of suggested videos but no, I'm never gonna click on someone that looks like Bart Simpson on Halloween when I want to listen to music.
I will remedy this situation now. I am going to find a static-x song and have a listen...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spycosis For This Useful Post:
FunkPumpkin, winvens
Old 11-16-2014, 09:21 AM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Activity Longevity
6/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1929

Quote:
Believe it. It may have appeared in the list of suggested videos but no, I'm never gonna click on someone that looks like Bart Simpson on Halloween when I want to listen to music.
I will remedy this situation now. I am going to find a static-x song and have a listen...
I mostly just liked their song from their first album, "Wisconsin Death Trip". But "Bled For Days" from that same album and "Cold" from their second album ("Machine") weren't too shabby either.

The Following User Says Thank You to FunkPumpkin For This Useful Post:
spycosis
Old 11-16-2014, 12:43 PM
alyjo07
Offline:
Poster Rank:808
female...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss604

Oh wow, I liked him.... R.I.P

The Following User Says Thank You to alyjo07 For This Useful Post:
FunkPumpkin
Old 11-18-2014, 05:13 AM
spycosis
Offline:
XY

Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss783

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkPumpkin View Post
I mostly just liked their song from their first album, "Wisconsin Death Trip". But "Bled For Days" from that same album and "Cold" from their second album ("Machine") weren't too shabby either.
I really appreciate the links, I gave them all a listen, and maybe this stuff needs to grow on me but on first impression, I am not convinced yet. The music definitely has a worth, as far as aggression goes. It would make good soundtrack music, but it fails to surprise one's expectations. I am a musician and in all 3 of these songs, I could tell you what the next chord will be, and I have never heard the songs before, which to me stinks of musical laziness or lack of knowledge. Slayer, with their Christ Illusion album produced something new and unknown, almost jazz-like in the way it stuck a finger up at the protocols of music creation.

I will listen to this guy again Static X, he has my interest but I am yet to be convinced of his musical prowess.
I'm more a Slayer kind of guy. And Misfits.

The Following User Says Thank You to spycosis For This Useful Post:
FunkPumpkin
Old 11-18-2014, 07:46 AM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Activity Longevity
6/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1929

Quote:
I really appreciate the links, I gave them all a listen, and maybe this stuff needs to grow on me but on first impression, I am not convinced yet. The music definitely has a worth, as far as aggression goes. It would make good soundtrack music, but it fails to surprise one's expectations. I am a musician and in all 3 of these songs, I could tell you what the next chord will be, and I have never heard the songs before, which to me stinks of musical laziness or lack of knowledge. Slayer, with their Christ Illusion album produced something new and unknown, almost jazz-like in the way it stuck a finger up at the protocols of music creation.

I will listen to this guy again Static X, he has my interest but I am yet to be convinced of his musical prowess.
I'm more a Slayer kind of guy. And Misfits.
Well, Static-X was nü-metal after all. So that kinda caps their potential as musicians from the get-go.

The Following User Says Thank You to FunkPumpkin For This Useful Post:
spycosis