Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21528
Wal-Mart Pulls 'Naughty' Toddler Halloween Costume

Jesus Christ! It's adorable! It reminds me of tap dancing costumes. Fucking perverts!

Outfits for the fall holiday are increasingly pushing the envelope, leading to apologies and yanked merchandise.

By Aimee Picchi

Exactly when Halloween transformed into an excuse for adults to wear, "sexy pirate," outfits may never be known, but Wal-Mart is now finding out that pushing, "naughty," costumes for toddlers is going over as well as slipping razor blades into apples.

After complaints from parents, the retailer is pulling a costume called, "Naughty Leopard," from its shelves, reports the Houston Chronicle. Some worried the outfit tapped into a, "sex sells," strategy that sexualizes children.
Proving that tasteless Halloween costumes know no boundaries, Britain has its own scandals.

Two British supermarket chains are backing down after offering "mental patient" costumes. Asda, which is owned by Wal-Mart, apologized for its costume, which featured a meat cleaver and a blood-covered straightjacket, and said it would make a donation to a mental health charity, the BBC notes.

Tesco, not to be outdone, apologized for its orange, "psycho ward," jumpsuit costume, which featured a plastic jaw restraint and machete. Both retailers are pulling the costumes.

Still, the leopard costume was more a victim of its description than the clothing itself, since the dress features a fairly traditional girl's frock, with a set of cat ears to add a feline dimension. It's hardly titillating or shocking, but the negative reaction may be due to the strange dichotomy of Halloween.

Once the purview of elementary-age trick-or-treaters, the holiday now is an excuse for grownups to don, "sexy," costumes, ranging from a, "sassy," Ursula the Witch get-up to a, "sexy," Bert or Ernie ensemble, (yes, as in "Sesame Street").

How did this all come about? Maybe it was Elvira's sexy vampire look back in the 1980s, or the notoriously line-crossing Greenwich Village Halloween parade, as Slate notes. And of course, the holiday has always been about pushing boundaries, given that it was once believed to be the day when the spirits of the dead revisited their homes.

Still, it shouldn't require a psychic to know that sexy toddler costumes and outfits equating mental illness with violence are going to fly as well as the Great Pumpkin.

Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, invertigo, kellyhound, Mizz_Russia, Paupercool1, Pyramid_Head
Old 09-26-2013, 11:46 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Wal-Mart Pulls 'Naughty' Toddler Halloween Costume

The part about them pulling the mental patient costume REALLY pisses me off. When did we become so fucking politically correct that when talking about nutters it has to be done with respect?

Fuck it, nuts is nuts. That must mean that it's now politically incorrect to call someone crazy or nuts. Fucking wow, is this REALLY the world we live in?

It kind of reminds me of a situation that some comedian was talking about in his act back in the late 90's. He said his dad would say positive things about anyone. He said one day he said to him, so say something good about John Wayne Gacy.

He planned out and carried out over 30 murders. He dug holes under his house and buried them. He was an awful guy. So say something positive about him!

His dad said, he was good at planning and a hard worker, lol. The point is, how far does political correctness go? Fuck me!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, kellyhound, Paupercool1, Pyramid_Head, THELORDABORTION
Old 09-26-2013, 11:56 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
The part about them pulling the mental patient costume REALLY pisses me off. When did we become so fucking politically correct that when talking about nutters it has to be done with respect?

Fuck it, nuts is nuts. That must mean that it's now politically incorrect to call someone crazy or nuts. Fucking wow, is this REALLY the world we live in?

It kind of reminds me of a situation that some comedian was talking about in his act back in the late 90's. He said his dad would say positive things about anyone. He said one day he said to him, so say something good about John Wayne Gacy.

He planned out and carried out over 30 murders. He dug holes under his house and buried them. He was an awful guy. So say something positive about him!

His dad said, he was good at planning and a hard worker, lol. The point is, how far does political correctness go? Fuck me!

As we both know, Gacy, being an example, not all mentally ill people are stupid enough to walk around dressed like those costumes!

Those are movies.

Most serial killers look fairly, "normal," by most peoples' standards

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
invertigo, Paupercool1
Old 09-27-2013, 12:01 AM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:349
BULL

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2120

I'm going to be Fidel Castro for Halloween

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shoelessjojackson For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Metal Mike, Paupercool1, Pyramid_Head
Old 09-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

They should just change the packaging to exclude the word 'naughty'. It probably wouldn't have caused such an uproar if all the other 'naughty' costumes weren't sexual.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, diamondsmiles, kellyhound, Pigeon, Pyramid_Head, winvens
Old 09-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

I was expecting something really revealing. I agree the name is a little weird, but why pull the whole costume? And since when was it offensive to dress as a crazed killer? I always went as Michael Myers, Ghostface, Jason, etc for Halloween.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
charming, diamondsmiles, Megamel29
Old 09-27-2013, 01:19 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjojackson View Post
I'm going to be Fidel Castro for Halloween
In his glory days? Or are you going to get wheeled in on a hospital bed and mumble alot?

Also sexy burt and ernie costumes?? That I have to see lol

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, charming, diamondsmiles, winvens
Old 09-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Insideoutbodies
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:709

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss744

no its only America like that sorry to break the news to you but 95% of the world hates America"be nice to America or they will bring democracy to your country"

The Following User Says Thank You to Insideoutbodies For This Useful Post:
THELORDABORTION
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Insideoutbodies:
Metal Mike
Old 09-27-2013, 11:40 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
They should just change the packaging to exclude the word 'naughty'. It probably wouldn't have caused such an uproar if all the other 'naughty' costumes weren't sexual.
Originally, that was what they were supposed to do, but, I guess too many parents had seen the packaging.

There is nothing revealing about them. A child that young probably thinks she's a pretty cat and only because of the ears.

I'm sure a little girl would be more interested in the frills and pretty colors

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Megamel29
Old 09-27-2013, 11:44 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
I was expecting something really revealing. I agree the name is a little weird, but why pull the whole costume? And since when was it offensive to dress as a crazed killer? I always went as Michael Myers, Ghostface, Jason, etc for Halloween.
I remember my nephew as a little boy wearing a Freddy Krueger mask, a hat and a bladed hand in a Halloween parade like a little Freddy dwarf.

There is a video and it cracked me up because the line stopped and he banged into the kid in front of him and didn't kill him

People don't realize if you're crazy, you're crazy! I doubt they'd be dressing up for Halloween.

It's only in the movies. I forget the name of the movie where a boy, about 10 or so, went Trick or Treating with Satan

Very observant mother and big sister!